Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tank with completely unrestricted airflow?

AVF Regular

Tank with completely unrestricted airflow?

Soo... The quest for a set-up for hubby continues. We apparently have totally opposite Vaping styles, so I need everyone's help again.

He says he breathes in air from the corner of his mouth while Vaping because he wants the airflow to be just like taking a breath in. As in, completely, 100% unrestricted, or as close to it as possible.

So can you guys please tell me about some super duper airy tanks? Coz I have NFI

Single coil would be preferred, or disposable coils I guess, coz I just can't see him having the attention to detail required for a dual coil build!
    giruvian and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Melo 300 has to be the best Airflow ever made, I'm not kidding ducky you can go jogging and breathe totally unrestricted through this thing. Single pre made coils are available, I have a pack and they last for age's, still on the first one and it's showing no sign of even the slightest wear. Vapoureyes told me they will be stocking the coils but I haven't checked it yet, I got my pack and an RBA head for it from Fastech in 13 days but it comes with 2 sextuple coils which don't seem to wear out either lol, still on the original one but I swap between the 3 different heads.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6422700

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6422900
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

Yuz
    Recently bought another RDA which has both under coil and top air flows - way too airy (even with top two channels switched off), had to block one of the bottom ones and both up on top.

I'm guessing any twin post - dual coil setup would do if you run a single coil? You'd get double the intake and double the volume.
    muscovyduckling and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Melo 300 has to be the best Airflow ever made, I'm not kidding ducky you can go jogging and breathe totally unrestricted through this thing. Single pre made coils are available, I have a pack and they last for age's, still on the first one and it's showing no sign of even the slightest wear. Vapoureyes told me they will be stocking the coils but I haven't checked it yet, I got my pack and an RBA head for it from Fastech in 13 days but it comes with 2 sextuple coils which don't seem to wear out either lol, still on the original one but I swap between the 3 different heads.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6422700

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6422900
    Yep spot on Emu, the RBA head is brilliant, I got it running today at long last just using cheap standard clapton coils and no worries. The origional coil is still going strong and I have not been able to wear it out and I am a chain vaper.
    muscovyduckling and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post

I'm guessing any twin post - dual coil setup would do if you run a single coil? You'd get double the intake and double the volume.
    Running a dual coil deck in single coil mode doesn't work in RTA's because one pair of juice channels is not wicked, so the deck floods. You can stuff some cotton in there but because you're not actually Vaping the juice in that cotton, the juice will eventually seep through and flood the deck.

In most cases it should work fine for drippers but the same is not true for tanks

Emu I'll see how much the premade coils for the 300 are when they come out in Oz. Unfortunately the RBA that you linked to is designed for dual coils.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    The OBS Engine nano is a single coil flavor beast around 35 bucks although not as airy as the 300, it is however a very airy satisfying vape.
    Yeah I realized the RBA head for the Melo 300 is a dual soon as I hit the post button but you did stipulate a single coil with massive air flow alas the other link saved me pmsl...
    muscovyduckling likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Wonder if you could use a food grade silicon to plug the wick holes in the other side of a dual coil RBA deck..?

AVF Regular
    Possibly.. I wouldn't bother though, I'd just buy him the disposable coils So will have to see how much they are first, to make sure they're not ridiculous money. But I reckon you're right, he would probably like the 300.

Yeah the Engine Nano looks good. Alas, 25mm tank won't fit on Eleaf Pico. I did see someone using some sort of adapter on the Pico to raise the 510 connection up to th heigh of the battery lid so that wider tanks could be used on it.... Hmm...

Have you guys tried the Melo 300 and that SMOK tank which is called something like the "Big Beastly Baby" or whatever? That sounded like a cloud chucker and I was wondering how they compare.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    EDIT: Baby Beast, it is called. Lol
    fabricator4 and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    The Melo 300 is a 26mm tank, I use it on the Maxo Quad 4 battery mod which only lasts 2 days at 60 watt's with the pre made single coil ducky so maybe not such a good idea on a Pico mate. I love it so much I just bought another Maxo and Melo 300 for a backup but I am a cloud pig.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast