Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By SEAMUSMGILICOTY
  • 4 Post By Schtoo
  • 3 Post By Noe
  • 4 Post By Dhufish
  • 1 Post By Bassman
  • 2 Post By SEAMUSMGILICOTY

Thread: Noob... Virgin Purchase. Did I Fu@% UP?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Noob... Virgin Purchase. Did I Fu@% UP?

Awaiting a Mod... Did the research... maybe not enough... Cupti 2. Needed weight for moving yacht. Protection for working bush. Tank/Batt size for lack of day charge and poss overnight trips....

Bought these batts <https://www.aladdinsden.com.au/buy/accessories~rechargeable-batteries~samsung/samsung-3000mah-rechargeable-18650-battery> thinking 3000mah are best.... amps are to low though???? Recommend +30amps and this is 5????? <https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-CUPTI-2-All-in-One-Starter-Kit-p/krnbk60.htm>

Farked up didnt I?
    radioslave likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAMUSMGILICOTY View Post
    Farked up didnt I?
    Yes, it would seem you did.

But that's half the battle, knowing you screwed up. At least you know you screwed up and were smart enough to (too late) notice it. Some folks don't know until they end up with a small grenade in their pocket.

And where you bought the batteries from, allegedly being a 'vape store' and selling cells that aren't up to the job (The Samsungs at least aren't, both of them) would put them automatically, instantly and irrevocably on my chit list.

Send them back, get a refund. Don't explain why, just make sure you get your money back off the clowns. The Sony cells they sell are the right ones, but I'd not send them another cent.

('Annoys' me off when somewhere sells crap that's not up to the job just to fill a hole in the catalogue...)

Supersports on Ebay apparently sells good cells, good prices, good reputation. Buy them off him.

Whatever you get, make sure they're on this chart and 20A or more;

It's more trouble than you wanted, but long term bigger trouble avoided.

Stu.
    rodbam, 1ynne, Wombats1 and 1 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAMUSMGILICOTY View Post
    Awaiting a Mod... Did the research... maybe not enough... Cupti 2. Needed weight for moving yacht. Protection for working bush. Tank/Batt size for lack of day charge and poss overnight trips....

Bought these batts <https://www.aladdinsden.com.au/buy/accessories~rechargeable-batteries~samsung/samsung-3000mah-rechargeable-18650-battery> thinking 3000mah are best.... amps are to low though???? Recommend +30amps and this is 5????? <https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-CUPTI-2-All-in-One-Starter-Kit-p/krnbk60.htm>

Farked up didnt I?
    Mostly I agree with Schtoo, the batteries you ordered are not capable of running your chosen mod at full power.

However you could use those batteries as long as you keep within their safe operating limits, Samsung ICR18650 30Bs are not used for vaping at high watts but are fine at low to mid wattages. In your case, in your dual battery mod, anywhere up to 35W maximum would be fine, to be safe. If you need to run your mod at higher wattage than that, then you need batteries that are capable of pumping out more amps.
    If you need higher wattage & you want 3000mah per cell for longer run times, then I suggest getting some Samsung 30Q's(from elsewhere), which will be easily capable of running your mod at its full potential.
    steve.c, DogMan and Fawks like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Fawks, Bassman, helixx and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 for supersports. Gets them in the post fast too.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    +2 for super sports. Ordered Sunday arived Tuesday.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks guys. I contacted the store. They offered to send me some VTC4s at no charge.
    Use the others for MTL Mod only?

S-
    Schtoo and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    That'll work.

Both them sending out batteries up to the job, and using the existing ones for low powered work.

Actually, I'd probably be ok with those low power batteries in my 2 cell mod, as I only seem to be running it at 35W. I still only use VTC4 in it because I don't like to run these batteries anywhere near their limits.

Stu.