Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Vika Fantasy - Modification

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Did you end up ordering any.
    Hi XX,

Yes, I ordered just the 18500 SSE and a sleeve for the vika. It was pretty cheap so I bought it. I thought I might as well get myself a good quality mech even though its only 18500. I was after another belt holster but all the single ones were sold out heheheheh...

BTW do you know if there is a nautilus carto adapter that can fit in the SnP carto tank. I'm sure I've seen one before but I think it may be the diver for the billetbox that I'm getting confused with. Maybe I might ask btobw, she might know.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    Hi XX,

Yes, I ordered just the 18500 SSE and a sleeve for the vika. It was pretty cheap so I bought it. I thought I might as well get myself a good quality mech even though its only 18500. I was after another belt holster but all the single ones were sold out heheheheh...

BTW do you know if there is a nautilus carto adapter that can fit in the SnP carto tank. I'm sure I've seen one before but I think it may be the diver for the billetbox that I'm getting confused with. Maybe I might ask btobw, she might know.

NO........All the bridges for factory coils are designed for the Billet boxes and do not have 510 threads. I spent copious hours, weeks, months trying to mod one for my tanks. While i had working ones they did not even come close the sophia's (byleo) they are like the diver. The thing with these sorts of RBA - for carto tanks is that they take their airflow from the 510 connector. Extremely tight airflow
    Fatman and DogMan like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hi XX,

Actually I forgot these. The thing with the nautilus coils is that the wides rim is too wide for it to fit through the center hole so most of these were designed around the little non nautilus coils. I have a couple of these and they are messy. But they do have a 510 threading nut

VP ASP by Vape Prod

have a read of this

DIY Billet Bridge - update

AVF Regular
    NO........All the bridges for factory coils are designed for the Billet boxes and do not have 510 threads. I spent copious hours, weeks, months trying to mod one for my tanks. While i had working ones they did not even come close the sophia's (byleo) they are like the diver. The thing with these sorts of RBA - for carto tanks is that they take their airflow from the 510 connector. Extremely tight airflow
    Oh yes that's the one. The sophia! I actually found an old thread by Di here: The Sophia By Leo for beginners

Just reading it now. I don't mind tight draws. I've been MTLing a lot lately on various MTL clones with high resistance microbuilds so this shouldn't be an issue - plus Im trying before I buy the authentic counter parts. Besides that the SnP has a nice provari adaptor which is what peaked my interest.

AVF Regular
    Oh yes that's the one. The sophia! I actually found an old thread by Di here: The Sophia By Leo for beginners

Just reading it now. I don't mind tight draws. I've been MTLing a lot lately on various MTL clones with high resistance microbuilds so this shouldn't be an issue - plus Im trying before I buy the authentic counter parts. Besides that the SnP has a nice provari adaptor which is what peaked my interest.

I have quite a few but they are expensive. The v1 uses ceramic cups and the v2 does not

Sophia v2 (byleo)
    Last edited by Crisscross; 21-04-17 at 07:40 PM.

AVF Regular
    hahaha, Di did the V1 review. I didn't realise you did the v2.

Yeah I saw 49 euro. But apparently they are the last stocks left. Didn't leo die and his son take over or something? Anyway, just finished reading your review thread. Hmmm, flooding with cotton wicks. I have a taifun GT II clone, has the same issues. But the flavour is fantastic on it.

Anyway might give it a miss. Also you stated you use both kanthal and SS, I'm an SS sort of guy as I find it cleaner tasting. Have you tried Nichrome? The dude at the steamery recommended it as it was the only type of wire they had at 32gauge Said it was good wire as it fires faster.

I just heard pluses and minuses regarding the type of wire so am a bit wary about coiling one up. Guess this is the wrong thread to ask - I can always do a search.

I have quite a few but they are expensive. The v1 uses ceramic cups and the v2 does not

Sophia v2 (byleo)

AVF Regular
    hahaha, Di did the V1 review. I didn't realise you did the v2.

Yeah I saw 49 euro. But apparently they are the last stocks left. Didn't leo die and his son take over or something? Anyway, just finished reading your review thread. Hmmm, flooding with cotton wicks. I have a taifun GT II clone, has the same issues. But the flavour is fantastic on it.

Anyway might give it a miss. Also you stated you use both kanthal and SS, I'm an SS sort of guy as I find it cleaner tasting. Have you tried Nichrome? The dude at the steamery recommended it as it was the only type of wire they had at 32gauge Said it was good wire as it fires faster.

I just heard pluses and minuses regarding the type of wire so am a bit wary about coiling one up. Guess this is the wrong thread to ask - I can always do a search.
    I have over 100 carto tanks and before I found Billet Boxes they were all I used.
    Fatman and Seminewvaper75 like this.

AVF Regular
    Darn you the mistress of awesomeness xx... lol I just keep dreaming, right?
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

Yuz
    AVF Regular
    O/T but, thanks for this thread! Bought PAPS 500 SS from their outlet... Wasn't planning on this but shinyatis took over and it was reasonably priced
    Been considering a mech for a while, but couldn't convince myself buying a clone. The Dani won't be the only tube in my small collection for much longer
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi XX, the snp ss tubes arrived today - gosh they are lovely, thanks so much for sharing the link. I will take a photo in daylight tomorrow
    Seminewvaper75 likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast