Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Leakage issues! Aspire Zelos/Nautilus 2

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Leakage issues! Aspire Zelos/Nautilus 2

Morning all!

Apologies if this isn't the right sub forum for this.

Switched liquids yesterday, and asked a bloke at work about what to do.

Disassembled tank, he said to rinse with warm water, then rebuild and give it a few hits to dry out the atty, the refill and go.

But now every time I take a draw, liquid is leaking from the air intake below the tank? Any advice much appreciated!

AVF Regular
    Yes, it's flooding.

There's two main things it could be - the rubber seal on the bottom of the head is loose, dmaged/pinched, or missing... or you've collapsed the wicking material by vaporising it dry.

Disassemble it and replace the coil head and it should be good to go again. Inspect the base to make sure the o-ring isn't stuck in there, and make sure you do the head up tight.

I don't normally recommend burning to dry the head out. Once it's wet it needs to stay wet because the cotton expands when it's first soaked, and then collapses when it dries out. If you have to, air dry it on paper towel. When changing flavours maybe change coils - you can keep the coil you removed and put it back in when you change back to that flavour.

This is why most of us probably have at least three or four tanks with different flavours in them at any one time.
    Legion likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    It could also be:

1 the coil is not quite screwed in enough, never over tighten coils but they do need to be screwed in properly
    2 being a top fill tank you should always close the airflow when filling

AVF Regular
    just looked at some pictures and there is one other thing, the coils threads are used to hold the 2 parts of the tank together and just undoing the top cap could be enough to loosen the bottom of the coils threading enough for a slight leak.

Apologies - I thought I had replied here!

I ended up taking the whole apparatus apart, rinsing again, letting it air dry.

I checked the seals - no issues!
    Refilled with the air intake closed, and left it for 10. Made sure I went easy on the draw, and voila!

No leakage anymore! Thank you all for your advice.

Hopefully your leaking issues are fixed, it took me a bit with my Nautilus 2 to work it how to stop leaking!
    Please bare with me if I'm totally wrong, I'm a deadset noob atm.
    However, I have x2 Nautilus 2 tanks I was getting terrible leaks the first week through the same spot.
    Apparently these coils aren't supposed to be primed first, which is strange, but that seems to be a cause for me.
    I had a about a week before Nicotine arrived to play with it using ready to vape, 0 Nic juice.

The big one for me, when your screwing the tank back together, tip it upside down when there's a single turn on the thread left and finish it like that.
    If your getting juice flowing through the holes, trying placing a tissue/paper towel over the holes and blow through the mouthpiece, it should evacuate the leaky juice through the holes and clear it out.

I haven't had a leak since employing these methods.

Hope this sort of helps!
    Last edited by stickemupz; 08-05-17 at 02:17 PM.