• 1 Post By Danny76
  • 1 Post By LNB
  • 2 Post By Misohoni
  • 1 Post By DogMan
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: 20700

AVF Regular

Anyone using one or many?
    Interested in performance without having to use 26xxx or 32xxx battery sizes.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Anyone using one or many?
    Interested in performance without having to use 26xxx or 32xxx battery sizes.
    Battery Mooch is reviewing them as they come through. Mostly new technology so better performing - some up to 30amps constant current and others with very high capacity. I don't know of any mods that are using them yet, but I guess everyone is expecting it will go that way.

eg: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...attery.799535/
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Here's the only mod i could find using em
    https://gingervaper.com/product/boxe...ature-control/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    MrGruffy likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Vaperz Cloud xxx mod uses 20700 or 18650....
    https://vaperzcloud.com/collections/...oducts/xxx-mod
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Seen this available for Pre-order at Fasttech -

https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...-tc-vw-apv-box

"The 20700 batteries are selected by a famous car corporation to replace the 18650 battery, representing high quality and stable performance. IJOY believes that 20700 will replace 18650 and be the future in Vaping industry!"

Not a bad looking mod, Looks like it should fit 30mm atty's as well
    Last edited by Misohoni; 05-05-17 at 04:24 AM.
    MrGruffy and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Apparently the cells have been hard to source. Might take time to trickle down into non priority industries like vaping.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    MrGruffy likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Just adding some thoughts...

Most (or all) of the 20700's that are likely to become available will be re-wraps, similar to the situation with 18650's four or five years ago. They are all re-wraps of original top brand cells though so even off brands that people have become suspicious of (like the Ampking for eg) are far superior. They also all seem to be new technology chemistry - IMR and hybrid technology that are quite difficult to get into thermal runaway. I'd say that if you could somehow make all of the 18650's on the planet disappear overnight and be replaced with any type of 20700 (and have them still fit in people's mods) then you'd solve the "man blows face off" problem in the same time frame.

The re-wraps and even the branded cells we get are almost always never grade 'A' cells because those get sold to device manufacturers like laptop manufacturers at a premium. There is really very little difference between grade 'A and grade 'B' - maybe a few 10's of mAh capacity. Any of the grades are perfectly safe to use - having a lower grade does not make them less safe.

At the moment the Chinese manufacturers are not counterfeiting or even manufacturing 20700's because there isn't the demand yet, and will probably have trouble getting the components like good cloned cases and caps for a good while. We're in a fairly unique situation right now seeing a new product that will get very popular and having a much better understanding of how manufacturing, marketing and counterfeiting works. I think this is the main driving force behind the change in format because the tiny amount of extra volume really doesn't make much difference on it's own - I think it's more to do with getting rid of the uncertainty and bullshit that is the 18650 wholesale market.
    MrGruffy and Cat like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.