Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What do I buy next?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

What do I buy next?

Hi folks, total noob. Started earlier this year with an aspire pockex and the collection keeps expanding... these are the three in current rotation.

Where to go next? The pico is the best of the bunch, I was a little disappointed with the Plato. I'll have one to coordinate with every outfit soon... might be developing some sort of obsession. When your love of nicotine collides with your love of shiny things...

Not technically adept enough for RDAs etc. Im going be a tank lady. I'm considering the top box nano or the aspire odyssey mini next but open to suggestions.

Technically I'm a MTL, but I can't deal with the low vapor output from most MTL geared devices. I'm not good with BVC coils either, chain vaping and getting lots of dry hits, no good.

As my preferred group of experts, hit me with the next shiny purchase suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I am not going to be much help with new gear ideas but I did want to ask for some clarifying

You mentioned the low vapour output of MTL tanks. I think the MTL thread might be of some assistance. I take 2 sec MTL fairy puffs and I find that I get similar clouds as hubby who takes restricted lung hits. This might be a vaping technique issue where you are vaping too hard.

The other thing is chain vaping and dry hits. What mg nic are you on. The dry hits can also be caused by you vaping too hard. This means you are sucking eliquid up faster than the coils can do their work of vaporising properly

Going through the process of getting the max performance out of what you have might surprise you and save you money.
    muscovyduckling and 1ynne like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I am not going to be much help with new gear ideas but I did want to ask for some clarifying

You mentioned the low vapour output of MTL tanks. I think the MTL thread might be of some assistance. I take 2 sec MTL fairy puffs and I find that I get similar clouds as hubby who takes restricted lung hits. This might be a vaping technique issue where you are vaping too hard.

The other thing is chain vaping and dry hits. What mg nic are you on. The dry hits can also be caused by you vaping too hard. This means you are sucking eliquid up faster than the coils can do their work of vaporising properly

Going through the process of getting the max performance out of what you have might surprise you and save you money.
    I'm definitely sucking the juice up faster than the coils can soak it up when I've got those coils with the tiny little juice inlets! I'm on 18mg nic. But I'm also the sort of person who would just vape constantly (I pretty much smoked constantly when the opportunity arose, would go through a full pack of durries easy in a night of drinking)

I could definitely be doing it wrong, the Plato struggles to keep up with me on a thicker juice even with the Clapton coil, sometimes I get a dry hit.

Most of the time I'm not even sucking really, I just put it to my mouth and press the button... does that make sense?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyG View Post
    I'm definitely sucking the juice up faster than the coils can soak it up when I've got those coils with the tiny little juice inlets! I'm on 18mg nic. But I'm also the sort of person who would just vape constantly (I pretty much smoked constantly when the opportunity arose, would go through a full pack of durries easy in a night of drinking)

I could definitely be doing it wrong, the Plato struggles to keep up with me on a thicker juice even with the Clapton coil, sometimes I get a dry hit.

Most of the time I'm not even sucking really, I just put it to my mouth and press the button... does that make sense?

I was a 50 a day chain smoker so I know what you are going through.
    Can you humour me and try something. Put the drip tip in the corner of your mouth and take a couple of tokes. It is really hard to close your lips on the drip tip (can't create a vacuum) so you will be taking in air around the drip tip while you vape.

you can take quite hard tokes this way because its more air.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 07-05-17 at 07:21 PM.
    biggyG likes this.

AVF Regular
    I probably should not have butted in if you specifically wanted something new. so I am sure others can jump in with suggestions.

If you like the all in one style you could try the cupti. I have one and love it and it can keep up with my chain vaping. They can spit and gurgle after filling and changing coils but I find turning it upside down for 10 mins or so after filling fixes it.

MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Also what ratio of PG to VG are your juices?
    gtadmin and Crisscross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I was a 50 a day chain smoker so I know what you are going through.
    Can you humour me and try something. Put the drip tip in the corner of your mouth and take a couple of tokes. It is really hard to close your lips on the drip tip (can't create a vacuum) so you will be taking in air around the drip tip while you vape.

you can take quite hard tokes this way because its more air.
    Will give it a crack on my next trip outside (still going outside to vape... part of the habit I suppose!)

Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Also what ratio of PG to VG are your juices?
    It's a mix, everything from 50/50 to max VG.

Quote Originally Posted by BryR View Post
    If you like the all in one style you could try the cupti. I have one and love it and it can keep up with my chain vaping. They can spit and gurgle after filling and changing coils but I find turning it upside down for 10 mins or so after filling fixes it.

The cupti is definitely on the list. They look good. I love the design of the Plato with the tank inside, and the 5ml tank, but it's just not quite got the oomph of the pico even at the same wattage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast