Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Littleraf
  • 1 Post By Dhufish

Thread: Nautalus 2 problem

AVF Regular

Nautalus 2 problem

So... have finally managed to get hubby to give vaping a good try. Off we went to a store and he purchased a Zelos with the nautilus tank. All good for the first day and then it was impossible to get a decent draw from it. He didn't know what was happening and he finally said something. He took it off and we changed the coil and had a play and it seemed to be OK again. A day later same thing happening - can't draw and it doesn't matter whether it is at 10V or 20V. One airhole or 4 - same thing, not amount of adjusting seems to fix it.

So I gave him one of my Aspire BDC clearomisers and he put that on the Zelos and no issues at all, smooth draw and plenty of vapour.

Has anyone had issues with the Nautilus like this and if you did, how did you fix it? I am starting to think it is the tank and not him and we might be taking a trip back to the store (pain in the butt coz it is miles away).

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginar View Post
    So... have finally managed to get hubby to give vaping a good try. Off we went to a store and he purchased a Zelos with the nautilus tank. All good for the first day and then it was impossible to get a decent draw from it. He didn't know what was happening and he finally said something. He took it off and we changed the coil and had a play and it seemed to be OK again. A day later same thing happening - can't draw and it doesn't matter whether it is at 10V or 20V. One airhole or 4 - same thing, not amount of adjusting seems to fix it.

So I gave him one of my Aspire BDC clearomisers and he put that on the Zelos and no issues at all, smooth draw and plenty of vapour.

Has anyone had issues with the Nautilus like this and if you did, how did you fix it? I am starting to think it is the tank and not him and we might be taking a trip back to the store (pain in the butt coz it is miles away).
    Hi Ginar, I have a few of the new Nauti 2 tanks - I dont use them these days as they didn't hit the happy spot for me but I never had the prob you talk of - I presume you have checked the coil is firmly screwed in? otherwise try switching the coil - it will take a 1.8 or 1.6 ohm coil and should have come with a spare 1.8 coil in the box. But yes you might have to visit the store if those simple things fail
    Edit: sorry just saw you did change the coil - no idea then !
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    I have a nautilus 2 (funnily enough it's one of ally's old ones) but have never had this problem.

But when you say you can't draw from it do you mean it doesn't fire at all? Does the Zelos show an ohm reading, the top number next to the battery bar, when this problem is happening.

At a guess because the coil is screwed into both the top cap and bottom when you're undoing the top to fill it up you're also reversing the coil out a bit each time and the eventually it's not connecting with the bottom. The problem with the design of the nautilus 2 is you have remove the glass (and therefore drain the tank) to access the coil properly. When this happens again try to wiggle the coil after removing the top, if it wiggle at all it's too loose and you need re-tighten it.
    Ginar and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    I have a nautilus 2 (funnily enough it's one of ally's old ones) but have never had this problem.

But when you say you can't draw from it do you mean it doesn't fire at all? Does the Zelos show an ohm reading, the top number next to the battery bar, when this problem is happening.

At a guess because the coil is screwed into both the top cap and bottom when you're undoing the top to fill it up you're also reversing the coil out a bit each time and the eventually it's not connecting with the bottom. The problem with the design of the nautilus 2 is you have remove the glass (and therefore drain the tank) to access the coil properly. When this happens again try to wiggle the coil after removing the top, if it wiggle at all it's too loose and you need re-tighten it.
    good on you - was hoping someone else would pitch in.
    Ps. do you want another one Littleraf? its a Pif
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post

The first time it was used, it was straight out of the box, filled the tank and he was really pleased, but performance went down hill after that. It is not the Zelos - we proved that by swapping the nautilus tank. Will have a look at the coil issue, but when we changed the coil, it worked beautifully again and then within hours went downhill again.

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginar View Post
    The first time it was used, it was straight out of the box, filled the tank and he was really pleased, but performance went down hill after that. It is not the Zelos - we proved that by swapping the nautilus tank. Will have a look at the coil issue, but when we changed the coil, it worked beautifully again and then within hours went downhill again.
    Was there a refill in those hours? What coil and wattage are you running it at?

AVF Regular
    I agree whith the coil unscrewing on filling up. I use a pair of needle nose pliers to loosen and tighten the coil.....no need to remove the glass and you can tighten the coil up tight enough so it cant undo when you remove the top to fill.

AVF Regular
    So ... I pulled it apart last night, wiped and cleaned everything, there was some juice on the top of the zelos (which would have caused some of the gurgling), put it back together, making sure the coil was in tight, refilled and it performed beautifully on 14v with 2 air holes. But, after 5 minutes it was back to gurgling and no vapour and hard to draw. I am now thinking it is a faulty tank, it just shouldn't be doing that.

He has tried running it from 7 up to 20 but the issue is the same no matter what V setting it it on, and that is only with the nautilus tank, so I think the answer is there. Back to the shop we go....

AVF Regular
    Are the coils legit ? They should have a scratch code you can check online.

I have the nautilus 2 as well and have never had it flood/gurgle. There is not much to them the only things i can think of are,

1 Authentic branded coils

2 The mod running in power mode not Ni or Ti mode.

Hope the shop can help.
    Midlife likes this.