Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What rda/build are you using to chase flavor.

AVF Regular

What rda/build are you using to chase flavor.

So started this as im about to have my first real squonk/rda/on Monday when my bf pins for my goon and my narda clone arrives. The rta on the wraith is well sub standard imo. I have some 26+30 ss clapton wire and some 242+30gss fused clapton wire. I have a goon clone a narda clone and a velocity v2 clone(not keen on using the velocity as it has a slotted bf pin. Will the spare goon bf pins fit?) atm hoping for build/ rda suggestions max flavor is my thing . Also where to get all my wire supplies at once (if im chasing a heap of different suggestions ) to avoid these dreaded shipping fees i dont mind buying a butt load just to find my groove . Pls fire away as to what build /rda you are using and at what vw or temp or vv settings you are using to chase flavor. Tnx in advance all. 🖒

Ps does clone v original really matter if you do your research and find a almost identical 1/1.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Using a govad rda with a single staggered framed staple coil. 8ply .4 ribbon, 28g frames, staggered and claptoned in 36g all nichrome made by yours truly. ohms out at .18 and runs great on a parallel mechanical. Flavour on govad is amazing.

For dual coil I run aliens 28g claptoned with 36g. For wire check out https://www.visioncoils.com.au he stocks the nice big 250/500/1000ft rolls of twisted messes and kidney puncher ribbon wire
    Last edited by kostanz; 13-05-17 at 04:34 AM.
    Danny76 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    For large amounts of wire you should check out Lightning Vapes in the US. Shipping options to Australia are very reasonable too.
    Actually its probably the cheapest US shipping I've ever seen....unless its changed recently. https://www.lightningvapes.com/

I still enjoy parallel or staged builds on the Narda but I would suggest experimenting to find what suits you....thats part of the fun.
    Also, everyone is going to have a different answer

AVF Regular
    I run fused claptons pretty much exclusively (kanthal then nichrome when it comes in), 24x2/32. Duel, wraped at 2.5 I'd comes out to 0.12 every single time. I like warm vapes so I use around 120-125w(also a duel parrellel mod pushing 130-140) and in both my medusa's with that awesome reduced chamber flavour is unreal.

I used to get my building supplies from ve but now they're are always out of stock on the big spools of kanthal. I go to vape Street.com.au
    They have 100ft spools of ss,nichrome and kanthal from 22g to 32 gauge. For a decent price from a local place I'm happy with it.

As for clones I used to buy tons but always crapped out but now with the boom in Chinese Atties for $30 with great quality I don't see myself going back.
    A saying I heard from a YouTuber "vape what you can vape, afford what you can afford and just enjoy it". As long as it keeps you off smoking it doesn't matter whether clone or authentic imo

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    chris_vaper, Danny76 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    I run fused claptons pretty much exclusively (kanthal then nichrome when it comes in), 24x2/32. Duel, wraped at 2.5 I'd comes out to 0.12 every single time. I like warm vapes so I use around 120-125w(also a duel parrellel mod pushing 130-140) and in both my medusa's with that awesome reduced chamber flavour is unreal.

I used to get my building supplies from ve but now they're are always out of stock on the big spools of kanthal. I go to vape Street.com.au
    They have 100ft spools of ss,nichrome and kanthal from 22g to 32 gauge. For a decent price from a local place I'm happy with it.

As for clones I used to buy tons but always crapped out but now with the boom in Chinese Atties for $30 with great quality I don't see myself going back.
    A saying I heard from a YouTuber "vape what you can vape, afford what you can afford and just enjoy it". As long as it keeps you off smoking it doesn't matter whether clone or authentic imo

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Exqctly vaping doesnt have to be expensive
    Danny76 likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    im not sure how fancy you like to built, I'm also new in squonk game but i tried couple different twisted wire and simple space coil.
    my experience tell me it is more about which RDA you are using, because you want to flavours chase, find the one with smaller chamber and 22mm generally.

small juice well is not a concern since we squonk, i am currently using Soul S and with twisted 30GA came at 0.5ohm. and i get the intense flavour i want.

i have a goon but never touch it yet, i would say Narda would be your best bet on the one you have coming.

i bought Icon RDA 24mm but it haven't arrive yet so, no idea yet. theres new RDA from Wotofo Serpent BF 22mm that I'm interested and maybe getting it soon.
    fabricator4, Danny76 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Spot On ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cat likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Not for clouds,
    looks good on a K101,
    tasty unregulated vape.
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 14-05-17 at 03:02 AM. Reason: typo

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanIvan View Post
    im not sure how fancy you like to built, I'm also new in squonk game but i tried couple different twisted wire and simple space coil.
    my experience tell me it is more about which RDA you are using, because you want to flavours chase, find the one with smaller chamber and 22mm generally.

small juice well is not a concern since we squonk, i am currently using Soul S and with twisted 30GA came at 0.5ohm. and i get the intense flavour i want.

i have a goon but never touch it yet, i would say Narda would be your best bet on the one you have coming.

i bought Icon RDA 24mm but it haven't arrive yet so, no idea yet. theres new RDA from Wotofo Serpent BF 22mm that I'm interested and maybe getting it soon.
    Hey Ivan make sure you join the Bingo game...one of the prizes is a Serpent
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast