• 1 Post By Danny76
  • 2 Post By Plucka
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By Plucka
  • 1 Post By LimeB

Thread: Tesla Autofire

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Tesla Autofire

Anyone had any problems with the Tesla 3? Its one of those fixed battery semi regulated mechs that output depends on build things.
    Mine went into autofire in weird circumstances. It had been off the charger for well over 24 hours. Had no use after the charge and was sitting on my bedside table when around midnight decided to go into autofire. It was sitting with a half full serpent mini on top. My wife (non vaper) woke me up and asked if 'that thing was supposed to be doing that?'
    The visible orange glow out of the now empty tanks airflow and small flame jet shooting out of the driptip suggested that no, it isnt. It was autofiring intermittently in cycles.
    After taking off the tank (with a sock as it was volcanicly hot) between one of the autofire cycles. I put it outside to do its thing. Was just autofiring though. There was no battery venting going on.
    Lesson learned. We are told no atties on mods overnight in case of this type of thing happening but I'll bet pretty much everyone leaves atties on mods.
    Could have been catastrophic. I quite often leave mods and atties together in my car. Probably lots of people do. Could imagine what would have happened in a plastic consol full of receipts and other junk. Kind of weird how it just decided to have a life of its own after sitting dormant for hours. Unless I have some type of vaping poltergeist that doesnt know to refill a tank.
    LimeB and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow u got lucky thier mate. Lucky for your wife waking up. This in 8 months is the second case I've heard of on avf that someone's mod has well to put it nicely gone nuts. Someone else when i first joined avf had a battery vent while not in use destroying a couch. Im guessing the reson it was cycling was either the 10 sec fire button cut off or the battery overtemp protection. Glad you caught it before it did any damage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Plucka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Scary stuff 👎

Yeah it was the 10 second cut off making it cycle. But even with this 'safety' feature an unattended mod autofiring is going to quickly dry out an attie then start burning it and get hotter and hotter.
    Just grabbed it off the back step. It's well and truly dead. Well, its dead to me now anyways just like the whole tesla company is. I'll be pulling it apart and conducting a post mortem.
    ywfbi and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Possibly some e-liquid and other contaminants on the PCB causing false signals and getting it to fire.

I never leave mods in the car because of temperature issues, and I can't use them if I don't have them.

While I think the coil is likely to pop before it causes a real fire, it's a timely reminder to us that these devices can generate a lot of heat and energy if things go wrong. Fortunately it's really rare.
    Fatman likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Was a .6 twisted build. Coil stayed intact. Wick burned. There was flame. Most likely there were contaminants on the board because I dont treat my mods with all that much respect and this one had recently seen a couple of surf fishing expeditions. The safety message was what I was trying to get across. Its not a scaremongering because I know how rare instances of this sort of thing are.
    fabricator4, LimeB and act180 like this.

AVF Regular
    Good of you to remind us all. And i hardly ever removed tanks from mods. I am better at turning them off now though.
    gurishka likes this.