Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Cat
  • 3 Post By Cat

Thread: Best place to get replacement coils?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Best place to get replacement coils?

Hi,

I have a Smok Micro One that came in a kit. I have a TFV4 mini tank on it and im all out of coils. I've never brought replacements and only used the ones that came in the kit. Anyone have suggestions for the cheapest place to get replacement coils?

Do i have to use Smok brand coils to replace them?

What is most cost effective?

Cheers

Cat
    AVF Regular
    There is a site called VAPE ASSIST which gives you a list of retailers of Vape Gear. I'm not sure this link will take you to the exact search, if it does not, type in SMOK MICRO COILS. It's also a good idea, especially in this case, to search NZ as well, as that's where most of them have come up on the search I just did. Feel free to ask if you have any questions...

https://www.vapeassist.com/

I just had a look at a couple...it depends on what Ohm level you want. Can you see what the ones you have are?

Another place is Fasttech, which is a Chinese company, they will be cheaper but you will have to wait a few weeks to get them. There are several Chinese companies, have a look in the International vendor section, as well as the regular vendor section.
    fabricator4 and jedw757 like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have a 0.25ohm stainless steel dual core in at the moment which came in the kit. I'm still not sure about the whole ohm part of vaping. What do high ohms and low ohms do?

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Well, it's hard to explain in just a couple of sentences, but basically people vape at low ohms to get more intense flavour and bigger clouds, but at the same time, that sucks up the juice and the battery power of your mod more. 0.25 ohms is fairly low. People who vape Direct Lung (DL) tend to vape at low ohms. People who vape Mouth To Lung (MTL) vape at higher ohms, like 1.2 or 1.8 (or whatever they build their coils at). Because you are using prebuilt coils, your choice will be more restricted to what SMOK makes. Many prebuilt coils have the suggested Wattage that you should stay within according to the Ohms written on the coil.

If you have a look at this link https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/s...nt=13319353348, you will see that the ones you are using are:

Micro-STC2 Coils

Stainless steel dual coil.
    Temperature sensing capability when used with SS-temp-sensing mods
    0.25ohm - 30W to 60W

This is a well known Australian company called Vapour Eyes. The link also has other options for you to consider. To a degree, it's a bit of trial and error when you first start to find out what you like.
    Last edited by Cat; 16-05-17 at 09:20 AM.
    fabricator4, Danny76 and JakeFloyd like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Scratch that......
    Last edited by Nothingexpert; 17-05-17 at 09:57 AM. Reason: decided not to be a total ****
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes