• 2 Post By BrianS
  • 2 Post By Sign me up
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By DogMan

Thread: Question: What is the best vape out of a GP Paps in 18500 configuration

AVF Regular

Question: What is the best vape out of a GP Paps in 18500 configuration

Hi all,

As some of you know I purchased a GP Paps V3 a few weeks back. I have been using it as a pick up mod whenever I feel like a toot on a mech mod. My question is what resistance have people been using to get their perfect vape.

My vape preference is usually a warm vape not too hot, not too cool. Right now I am vaping the Paps with a 1.1/1.2 ohm resistance build in a kayfun lite. Although I find it nice I would like it a tad warmer - but not by much (I guess all I have to do is lower the resistance to 1ohm). So my question is what resistance do people enjoy their vape at on this particular mod.

Thanks GP Paps users.

AVF Regular
    It's a mix of device and atty

A kayfun under 1 ohm will struggle to wick unless it's a quick puff every now and again
    .8 maybe is the limit

No real way of getting it hotter without fcuking the wick or flavour
    Fatman and merexy like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Yuz
    Hey 75, what batts are you using with the V3? The two IMR's I bought went back since they sucked big time - barely heating up a 1 ohm coil...

AVF Regular
    Anything under 28g on a mech at below .9 will take an age to heat up on an 18500 or 18350
    Fatman and merexy like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    The batteries I use are the ones from supersports on ebay non nipple tops. They work fine. Has lasted me a while as I only use the Paps now and then. The build I have in the Kf lite is 30g SS at the ohms mentioned. It's wicking fine and the vape is nice. But because I'm use to regulated mods at the same resistance mentioned when I build in mtl tanks including the KFL I find the vape warmer. This would be the case using it on the provari mini. I guess I'm just use to the mini and although the vape is very similar I can still tell the difference between the two. Too bad VA don't have any 18650 tubes left as I'm sure that configuration would deliver a slightly warmer vape.

AVF Regular
    I may have an 18650 tube i could part with. I'll check my stocks when i get home.
    Fatman and Seminewvaper75 like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Super Moderator
    While I fully defer to Brains as the Kayfun expert, I will chuck in my best vape with my paps is with a GP Heron in fibre mode ... 1.2ohm micro coil on cotton ( with poly fish filter fluff in chamber)
    Midlife and Seminewvaper75 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Different mod. But when I used an 18490 REO mini with 14mm rda and 1.5mm air hole: a triple twisted 32 gauge on 1.5mm for 0.8ohm was nice. Slight ramp up, but i liked the long, slow draw back then.
    merexy and Seminewvaper75 like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    I may have an 18650 tube i could part with. I'll check my stocks when i get home.
    Apologies, i only have the one 18650 tube. Cant part with that.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Apologies, i only have the one 18650 tube. Cant part with that.
    Thanks for looking SMU, but I wasn't actually expecting you to part with it but thanks for looking anyway. I like the Paps and may end up getting the LUX version.