• 2 Post By helixx
  • 1 Post By Dave L
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By Dave L
  • 1 Post By helixx

Thread: Best rdta that don't dry hit and throw big clouds

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Best rdta that don't dry hit and throw big clouds

Your thoughts....... I've found the cheapie geekvape karma rdta to vape the best out of all I've had, although it leaks to the point where u despise it, any suggestions on a good all round rdta that didn't dry hit at 100w+

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The SyntheticCloud Alpine is good, you can close off the bottom airflow & use the top airflow on its own, this minimises leakage.
    Also the Ijoy Limitless Plus with side airflow, this has never leaked for me but it does get a bit of juicearound the bottom of the barrel when you open & close to refill, which the Alpine doesn't suffer from, although the Alpine can leak if you use the bottom airflow.

As for dry hitting, this is mainly related to your build, if you build correctly for the deck's wicking capablity you shouldn't get dry hits. In terms of ease of builds, the Limitless Plus has the edge over the Alpine, it can take larger coils & that means you can use larger inner diameter, when means more room for wick = less likely to dry hit at high wattage.
    Last edited by Noe; 19-05-17 at 07:32 PM.
    helixx and Dave L like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I have the classic limitless, after a bottom airflow one now i think

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L View Post
    I have the classic limitless, after a bottom airflow one now i think

The Alpine then but at high wattage you're going to need to use the top airflow too.
    Also see the edit in my post above.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Why sell the vgod trick tank?
    Scratch that. Thanks for selling it😉
    Been chasing one in black.
    I've got one in SS and love it.
    It's my daily work beater.
    Now I can get my matchy matchy on.

Maybe the avo bottom air flow.
    Need a couple mods, like snapping off the little knurled handle for the useless door thing. Trimmed a bit off the silicon plug.
    Not proud to admit it but saw that on a rip trippers vid. I've run single SS framed staple up to 100W. Left the wicks nice and fluffy. May leak, don't know never left it on its side so haven't had any issues. Only down side is it's a bit ugly IMO.

I've always had to thin out the legs of my wicks (3mm coils) in other RDTAs to avoid dry hits.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    steve.c and act180 like this.

Lol helix, its not minee
    I put the ad up for my brother as he hasn't got an account, good old copy And paste!
    I prob would have bought it off him but I'm well over budget this month for vape gear!

helixx likes this.

Noe
    Another one I saw recently but I haven't tried, that has bottom airflow is the VandyVape Perseus RDTA. It looks quite good & since it is designed to have bottom only airflow, the draw when using it vs using the Alpine with bottom airflow only is probavbly going to be more open.

Might have to try this one myself, it looks pretty good.

PERSEUS RDTA - VANDY VAPE
    helixx and Dave L like this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Bought it yesterday, its very kennedy' ish......i love it, abit noisey but it is an almost perfect vape if bottom airflow and big flavor are your thing!!

Noe and helixx like this.

AVF Regular
    Looks the goods. And has adjustable airflow. Something the vgod is missing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L View Post
    Bought it yesterday, its very kennedy' ish......i love it, abit noisey but it is an almost perfect vape if bottom airflow and big flavor are your thing!!

Thought that one would be just what you were looking for, as I said I haven't tried it but just by looking at it in pics I could tell it was well designed & better than the Vgod because of the adjustable airflow.
    I also like that it has multiple DT options including a 510 DT adapter, I really dislike chuff caps & prefer a Teflon 510DT, the one I use most now is a SS/Teflon hybrid 510 DT(teflon outer SS inner), the advantage with teflon is you don't get lip crusties building up that always need cleaning like you do with other DT materials.
    Unfortunately they don't supply the 510 DT I use but you can find them of FT & at least they provide the 510 DT adapter, using a 510 DT may also cut down on the noise
    Essie's Glass DTs