Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What to buy instead of kayfun v5

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

What to buy instead of kayfun v5

Hey guys so I really want to try a kayfun v5 Iv tried buying a clone in the classies but know one wants to let one go and I'm really inpatient and want something now ..... Lol is there something out there I can get in oz at a reasonable price that's on par ? I'm usually using Kennedy 25 with .11 ohm 125 watt or vgod trickster rdta .11 100 watt so I realise it's all new to me and might not like it hence the budgeting . I'm down to 1mg Nic now so looking to get something cool and petite to go out with rather than fill the outdoor smoking areas with clouds. At the same time I mix at max vg normally 90% plus so I need something that wicks well so normal tanks are out of the question ... Any and all opinions will be appreciated.. Ps if you ha e a v5 clone your willing to sell on please let me know
    Cheers Jono

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    the kayfun 5 is NOT petite !! but it is a keeper and hence why no one is passing them on.... the Siren GTA is as tasty.. but also they are keepers... instant gratification is tough !
    there is a pico rta in the classies... .. but gl
    Jono83 likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    The SXK Kayfun mini V5 is a bit shorter than the full V5. I've got one sitting in my cart at the moment - I'm assuming it vapes much the same. It's a little bit more like a normal RTA but still not "petite".
    Last edited by fabricator4; 28-05-17 at 11:09 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The SXK Kayfun mini V5 is a bit shorter than the full V5. I've got one sitting in my cart at the moment - I'm assuming it vapes much the same.
    Photo doesn't seem to be working what is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono83 View Post
    Photo doesn't seem to be working what is it ?
    It was supposed to be link LOL. I fixed it.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It was supposed to be link LOL. I fixed it.
    Yeh I like THAT !!! BryR has one I'm hoping he will send my way !! Come on BryR be a gentleman

AVF Regular
    Weeelll...

At the moment I have in rotation a Bachelor Nano, which is actually really good flavour wise, modest build, but it's got flaws and isn't a travelling tank at all.

I also have an Innokin Axiom, which is just as good at making stuff taste good with a really modest build, but it's got flaws as well.

I have a clone Kayfun V5, which also does an almost as good a job as the Nano and Axiom, but tighter draw (and won't loosen up) and won't play the 'mtl/dl' switcheroo very well and certainly not on the level of the first two.

And I also have a Hotcig Smart tank, which only uses pre-made coils (but they're dead easy to rebuild), but does the switcheroo really nicely and might be the most compact 'tank' without going to old school clearomiser things. Even counting them, it's shorter at 32mm from base to tip.

Of these, the Smart and Axiom are travellers, the Smart being the perfect traveller in that it has no bad habits and just plain works. And because it's not sub-ohm, uses little power so a small mod will run it for a long time. The Axiom, compact too, gets a little weepy on refilling, but packs a much bigger punch than the Smart can possibly muster.

The Bachelor, on a part with the Axiom, even with a single coil, but the refill port is not pocket/bag friendly and WILL open up on you. If it had a latch, then it'd be a good traveller.

If you can find any one of them, without paying too much (they're all reasonably priced) then I think they're worth a look at least. The Axiom and Bachelor are rebuildable, so you can work out a build that'll run high VG, or just thin with distilled water a little. The Smart, I don't think it'll run high VG very well and a little more PG suits it better for flow and design.

And the Kayfun clone, it's weepy and 'off' but works pretty darn well all the same. I hate weepy for the fun of it (refilling, I can tolerate, barely), so won't use this one regularly unless I sort out where the problem is.

Or just get a proper one.

Kinda looking myself for a 'perfect' tank. Haven't found it yet...

Stu.

Thanks stu the axiom sounds down my ally !! Not willing to part with your v5 by any chance

AVF Regular
    Get the griffin rta

AVF Regular
    The V5, not really. It's the cheap Fasttech clone and not worth punting. If it was a real one, I'd be keeping and using it. Might be the first 'good' tank I ever buy actually.

The Axiom is really good at what it does, but mine's got a dud thread on one of the post holes. I've shoved a small piece of SS wire in there to tighten it up and a fresh screw but it shouldn't have happened really. Other than that, and the weep it gets on refill it's a really good little tank. Doesn't leak in use, only on refill and a blow through clears that out. It's not much, but it does happen. No liquid flow adjustment, nowhere to fit that.

It's not perfect by any means, it's not easy to find (Heaven Gifts is where I got mine) but it does a great job and is very small with a 3.5ml capacity. Easy to clean too as it all comes apart fairly easily.

Right now I'm running it at 0.7 ohm (.35mm 304 SS wire) dual coils, rayon wicking. Mod is a Nugget V2 and got it set for TCR at 105 an at 205C and it's bang on. The battery lasts for the full tank easily, so there's a decent day's vaping (for me) with that along with the odd toot on some other things as well. For a heavy night, you might be pushing the limits, but you can always adjust things to suit like lowering the power, increasing the nic and stretching it out to last longer. Also has a blanking block so you can run single coil in it, so that'll stretch things out more, but I like it with dual coils.

Really impressed with it actually. For such a small tank it does a great job.

Stu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast