• 4 Post By staceman101
  • 1 Post By Yuz
  • 1 Post By Yuz

Thread: Kanger, rebuilt

AVF Regular

Kanger, rebuilt

Hey all.

Just wanted to say "yippee!"

I had a vertical Kangertech OCC coil that was clapped out. Gutted it, flash burned the coil wire (I think they're NiChrome...) with the kitchen blowtorch and then had my first attempt at doing a rebuild (horizontal, admittedly...)

I did an 8/7 wrap - and it was mental. Came up at 0.15ohm, and my little MOD had a nervous breakdown.

Pulled it apart, did a 6/5 wrap. My MOD picked it up at around 0.6ohm... much the way it reads an 0.5 coil.

Hit it a couple of times, and the MOD had a breakdown again. I'd wicked too loosely, and the wicking retracted into the airholes - dropping resistance ridiculously low again.

Rewicked... and did it a bit tight. Kept tasting cotton - and oh boy did my chest hurt after a DTL sub ohm cotton hit!

Played around some more, and I'm now firing my first rebuild... taste is great and it's given up the dry hits.

So excited by this low end success story that I've ordered a goblin mini clone (recommended by a friend), some Japanese organic cotton and some 26g kanthal from fasttech.

I've resisted the urge to rebuild for so long... but Pandora's box is open now 😀

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Yuz
    Sounds like you may enjoy "rolling your own" with a RDA
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post
    Sounds like you may enjoy "rolling your own" with a RDA
    I seriously think so. 2 tanks into my rebuild - I swear knowing that I rebuilt the coil makes the juice taste better!

Yuz
    Exactly. Plus you have full control of the coil & wick and make those to your liking. Without any machine oil residuals. And it's very easy and heaps cheaper.
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I was going to buy coils... but started looking into rebuilding. Absolutely WAY cheaper.
    I'm a vaper on a real tight budget... so I'm down with spending ten minutes and a few cents to keep going 😀