Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help me find my next vape gadget :)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Help me find my next vape gadget :)

I've been vaping for many months now and managed to quit smoking within the first week of starting. I have had an Ego AIO, Joyetech Cubis eVic, Kangertech Mini Subbox - leaked, Joyetech Evic Dual - too heavy and had some fault because it died in a puff of smoke, 2 x Aspire Plato (happy with but want to try something new)

I'd like something that - is capable of 50 watts,
    holds up to 5ml,
    leakproof,
    good flavour,
    DOESN'T require I build anything, replacing stuff after a number of months is ok - I don't mind changing coils. I mean I don't want to build coils or tinker with the mechanics. Adjusting wattage or temp via button is fine.
    Handles high VG
    Air control
    Variable wattage up to 50 or 75
    Pen or tank style
    Is built to last

Looking forward to your help!
    Last edited by Enjii; 30-05-17 at 07:28 PM. Reason: edited for clarity eg building VS replacing stock standard stuff

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjii View Post
    I'd like something that - is capable of 50 watts,
    holds up to 5ml,
    leakproof,
    good flavour,
    DOESN'T require I build anything, replacing stuff after a number of months is ok
    Handles high VG
    Air control
    Variable wattage up to 50 or 75
    Pen or tank style
    Is built to last

Looking forward to your help!
    Good luck with that. I know of nothing that doesn't require regular maintenance in the form of coil replacement, re-wicking or replacement of consumables other than liquid. The name is the give-away there, 'consumables'. Means they get 'consumed', as in used up.

You're looking for something that, to the best of my knowledge (which is finite, and not that great anyway!), does not yet exist. If it did, I'd own one as would many others here.

As far as a 'mod', as in the power supply, you've got more options than ever before. Nearly everything released in the past year or more will deliver 50W or more, and have a bunch of other settings besides simple power.

Tank wise, something that takes replacement coils which you simply change out would be best, which means almost anything BUT and RTA/RDTA/RDA type of tank/vaporiser. For me, that's a Melo III because it's simple, cheap and works well. It's not the greatest tank, but it is reliable and doesn't need much more than cleaning and occasional coil replacment. The Smok TFV8 Baby I have will handle high VG, take 50W or more but isn't leak proof (not in a pocket/bag anyway) and chews through it's coils at a furious rate, and they're more expensive than the coils the Melo takes. Great tank, but not ideal either.

Can you see a pattern forming here?

Basically what you're really after is not really possible with the current state of the art, so you need to make some compromises that you can accept, which are up to you. We can only make suggestions, and the compromises I accept are not likely to be the same as yours, as the tanks I like all need regular maintenance in the form of re-wicking at the very least, which you've ruled out. But all the tanks I use that require this regular maintenance will do everything else you ask (to a degree) pretty well.

I hope someone will prove me completely, totally and utterly wrong and give us all a tank that'll do all you ask, at which point I'll not concede defeat, but simply buy one and try to wear it out.

Until then, I'm still looking for something that's got plenty of tank size (5ml or more), doesn't leak and is reliable so long as it's maintained properly. And something not the size of a small car would be nice too and doesn't need a leaf blower to make the airflow work like it's supposed to.

Stu.

Hi Stu. I have edited my post to explain things a bit better.
    "DOESN'T require I build anything, replacing stuff after a number of months is ok - I don't mind changing coils. I mean I don't want to build coils or tinker with the mechanics. Adjusting wattage or temp via button is fine."

AVF Regular
    Well, that helps.

And I still can't say with any authority what would be best. I'm still looking myself.

I think that looking for a 'coil' might be a good place to start. The Atlantis style seems to be ok, but flavour wise on a scale of 1-10, they'd be a 6-7, maybe? The Smok TF type coils I'd put much higher, 7-9? But I get several tanks from the Eleaf Atlantis type coils, but only 1-2 from the TF coils before they start dropping off and getting filthy and nasty.

If you're willing to chew through a heap of coils, I'd choose a Smok TF coil style, but a tank without the 'swing open' Smok style refill which WILL leak.

(I'm actually quite besotted with my tiny little Smart tank. But it's maxxed out at 20W.)

Someone will be along shortly to tell us both what'll work best.

Stu.
    Enjii likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Hard to beat eleaf gear, bought a Melo 300 a few months ago haven't had a problem. Love it so much I got two, one is dedicated to the sextuple coil for when I feel like huge clouds the other is home to the single coil for everyday use. Most satisfying vape I've had since I started, haven't touched my tsunami or OBS Engine the whole time. All I do is change the coil once a fortnight and make sure I have juice that's been steeping for a couple of months at all times.
    Bought an eleaf Ello last week out of curiosity and to use up some points so all it cost was the postage, another excellent tank which is really just a smaller version of the 300, much tighter draw but the flavor and clouds are great. The Ello would be good for MTL and with 5.5 ml's and 0.2 Ohm stainless steel coil it lasts longer with the juice and batteries than the 300, TC is also an option. I still prefer the Melo 300 though because it is so satisfying and no fuss, 50 watt's is perfect for the single coil and 100 watt's for the sextuple coils. I use two Ijoy Maxo mods with 4 batteries in each because I'm not into charging batteries all the time and the least amount of effort from me when it comes to vaping is my preference.
    As far as tanks go the Melo 300 is the best and if you want to get into building coils down the track you can buy an RBA head for it, I should mention that it is a DL tank and if you are a MTL vaper I would go for the Ello.
    You could put the Ello onto an eleaf istick power 5000 mah and it would easily last a few days.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Double post, I have no idea how or why.
    Last edited by emu; 30-05-17 at 11:14 PM.

AVF Regular
    Regarding the Smok TFV8 Kit 3000mAH using the Baby Beast. I see many people saying it chews though Coils. I dont know but for me and I use this as my Main Device. I am only on the 2nd Coil. Had now since early April. I only use it with half Air Flow open all the time; maybe that is it and I dont full blown suck the crap out of it. But I luv it, and as I said, only on 2nd Coil and still going strong with my Lighning Ball and Hokey Pokie Juice.
    emu likes this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    I am with ybnice on that. My big baby beast coils last roughly 3 to 4 weeks at a time though I use fully open airflow. I just try and structure my juices around each other. Fruits then sweet stuff then desserts. Though last one I used just desserts on and it lasted me 4 weeks before I noticed a considerable drop in flavour.

Edit: I also use a Melo 300 like Emu and that is a good tank. I dont use the single coil like Emu though I just use the sextuple for when I want a real cloud chase. Unlike the Big Baby Beast the Melo 300 hasnt leaked on me yet like the Big Baby Beast but even then ive had minimal leaking from my two Big Baby Beasts and its mainly my work one which gets knocked about alot that will leak sometimes.
    Last edited by Deadonarrival; 31-05-17 at 12:51 AM.
    ybnice likes this.
    2/12/2016

in front of my computer in the hills east melbourne
    hi can't help with the tank part as i only use rda's/rta's but for the mod take a look at the aspire nx75 great little mod very small single 18650 75 watts of power good battery life tc works well good build quality no button rattle the only draw back is it's quite heavy

I'm pretty sold on the Melo 300, it came up often when I searched this forum a few weeks ago. Thanks for confirming it Which mod do you recommend I buy to go with it? Eleaf Pico? Or just use the kangertech subbox, evic or tarot nano?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast