Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Mods and Atomisers for the Tradie

AVF Regular

Mods and Atomisers for the Tradie

I have a GGTS with an Ithaka. I've dropped it onto concrete countless times. I throw it in my side case on my motorcycle, no need to worry about weather it is upright or not, it wont leak.
    While it is great, I miss the genesis style atomisers at times. They just aren't practical when your main transport is motorcycles.
    It's not just genesis style atomisers, everything I've tried outside the golden greek brand isn't practical.

So, what is out there, preferably in the genesis category but also interested in everything else, that is virtually indestructible and wont leak even if stored upside down with constant vibration?

AVF Regular
    Heron or spheriod with fluff.
    Spheriod and a micostick are a great work setup.
    Crisscross, Fatman and merexy like this.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Try a squonker with a hellfire atty, mesh wick. As close to a genesis as you'll find
    Mr_B and rockmoose like this.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    If you could just store it upright while you're on the bike you would have a LOT more options. I really think it would be much easier to modify the way you store your setup during transit than it would be to find an upside-down-leakproof Genesis atty.

A couple of us tube mode fans have used lightly modified pencil cases from Officeworks for this purpose.

AVF Regular
    The only other thing that I have found that doesn't leak is a good carto tank but probably not your thing

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    I think the invader is built like a brick ideal for the tradesman

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    helixx and PATDACAT like this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    If you could just store it upright while you're on the bike you would have a LOT more options. I really think it would be much easier to modify the way you store your setup during transit than it would be to find an upside-down-leakproof Genesis atty.

A couple of us tube mode fans have used lightly modified pencil cases from Officeworks for this purpose.
    While this is the most practical solution, I'm just not the most practical person. I own three bikes, so I'd have to jig something up for each of them. then when I sell one and buy another, make another mount, I'd end up spending almost as much time as I do working on my bikes, building vape holders
    btobw and muscovyduckling like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    The only other thing that I have found that doesn't leak is a good carto tank but probably not your thing
    I was initially going to agree with you, though thinking about it, this might be an option. One of the downsides with the Ithaka is if your coils gunked up but you have no time to rebuild it you're stuck with a shitty vape all day. The genesis style, you can take the cap off and burn the gunk away in a minute.
    Carto tanks win the convenience vote. Link me up on some leak and drop proof options

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    Heron or spheriod with fluff.
    Spheriod and a micostick are a great work setup.
    I haven't looked at anything on the market since 2013. I've got to say, it's like you're speaking a different language!
    I googled all the mentioned gear, looks good but not really what I'm looking for.
    An 18650 and a 4ml tank get me through the day, I vape a bit too much at work to be dripping and like the convenience of not having to carry spare batteries or juice.

AVF Regular
    Nextasis genesis atomiser sounds like a good fit for you if you are looking to go the genny route. Zero leaking adjustable air control although i would say still fairly restricted by current standards at most open settings. Solid build quality, not sure if you would be able to pick one up new now though. So would have to search the second hand market. 5mil tank capacity with the stainless steel tank fitted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPcZDcJJJY
    Last edited by Duke916; 03-06-17 at 04:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast