Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Vandy Vapes Pulse 22

Cat
    AVF Regular

Vandy Vapes Pulse 22

I'm writing this because some folks asked for my opinion on what I think of the Pulse Atty I got yesterday. For those who asked, I added it to my post yesterday...I got it at Lego Mall for a very reasonable price for something that is made this well.

Since I am still a newbie at building, it has taken me all afternoon (what better thing to do on a rainy afternoon) and a big portion of my patience (partly because I was trying to find the best way to follow Doggy's great advice about building for a single cell Sippy Cup).

Several reviews on YouTube came out today and those folks obviously know a lot more than I do, I found Tony B's most useful because it's his baby, so he built it according to how he designed it.

I am going to post some pics I took along the way, and there are things I would probably do a bit differently next time, but it's all learning.

Some thoughts:

It came very clean without a trace of machine oil smell which is always a big plus.

It's nicely made and I personally like the look of it and the little touches and inclusions in the box.

It's very smooth, as in, the top cap comes off smoothly, no stiffness, and the airflow control turns easily and perfectly.

There are lots of thoughtful little things, such as small notches so you know exactly where your coil should be aligned, and where to put the top cap in the right position for the airholes. It comes with a little tool, like a coil jig, for you to align your coil correctly.

This was the first time I have built on a postless deck, so knowing how high your coil should be will be handy, and will no doubt come with practice.

I have tried it both MTL and DL, and although you probably wouldn't put a massive coil in it, it chucks decent clouds if that's what you're after. It works quite well as a MTL atty, with a smaller driptip (in the supplied adapter) and one airhole closed. I like that it seems versatile enough to do both. (There is a very slight whistle with one hole closed but that is probably because I have been switching between MTL and DL, and was probably sucking too hard for a MTL inhale).

The flavour seems to be quite good, though I am still breaking the cotton in a little.

The juice flows away after squonking very well, and the deck is fairly deep.

The screw threads are smooth.

All in all I'm very happy with it and can see myself using it a lot.

That's about it for now, I will add thoughts later if I think of anything else.

UPDATE: DJL says it is restricted MTL and VapnFagan burnt his peek insulator and suggests it be built under .2 ohms. I noticed it getting quite warm last night (I have a .4 build in it, will have to change that), the top cap is not as thick as, say, the Hadaly so keep this in mind if you are thinking of trying one.
    Last edited by Cat; 04-06-17 at 01:03 PM.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Cat
    AVF Regular

btobw, 1ynne and eLicky like this.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Cat how did you find dealing with elegomall
    Last edited by Crisscross; 03-06-17 at 08:45 PM.
    1ynne, iamtezr and Cat like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Cat
    AVF Regular
    1ynne likes this.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    god xx you beat me.. I was doing thank yous lol... Okey dokey Ms Cat.. how was your purchase?

let me explain that I was on support Live chat .. inquiring about the Epetite panels... and being, as ever, very scorpio... posting links and asking direct questions... and got what seemed as a helpful response.. "i will check" so I was happy to wait ever so patiently even tho it was gin and tonic time in the Lynne world.... and then .. pooof you have been transferred... and poof a new help assistant on Live Chat.. and no, she was not able to see what I had posted before or the links... so, being thirsty.. I said thanky you but bye bye

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Cat how did you find dealing with elgomall
    Well, I got a confirmation email and that was it, no tracking number or update, and since it was a preorder I just put it out of my mind.

It arrived with signature required 6 days before the original estimated release date.

I have ordered from them before and like that they only sell 'authentic' brand items.
    1ynne likes this.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    god xx you beat me.. I was doing thank yous lol... Okey dokey Ms Cat.. how was your purchase?

let me explain that I was on support Live chat .. inquiring about the Epetite panels... and being, as ever, very scorpio... posting links and asking direct questions... and got what seemed as a helpful response.. "i will check" so I was happy to wait ever so patiently even tho it was gin and tonic time in the Lynne world.... and then .. pooof you have been transferred... and poof a new help assistant on Live Chat.. and no, she was not able to see what I had posted before or the links... so, being thirsty.. I said thanky you but bye bye
    Yes, they definitely need English lessons, or we need to learn Chinese! I have had similar experiences, waiting for them to respond after the chat box pops up. I have laid out questions extremely clearly (I used to teach communication skills...) and just no.

So I would say do your research on the product and make up your own mind... That being said, I would order from them again.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Cat... um.. how can I say this... ok deep breath... sometimes.. I just get carried away ....and over squonk.... does it like this ?

and no.. I do not think it was an English problem.. hell their second language is far better than mine... it was detailed and they seemed to have grasped that... but to swap to a new one.. well sheesh I was over it lol
    Last edited by 1ynne; 03-06-17 at 08:55 PM.
    Cat likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Cat... um.. how can I say this... ok deep breath... sometimes.. I just get carried away ....and over squonk.... does it like this ?
    Firstly, all parts and SCREWS are safe, and smooth ;P

Also, remember to log in to get a much cheaper price for those who don't know that.

In answer to your question Lynne, being a learner squonker, I have been known to do just that, for example having some juice come out of the Hadaly holes. Not with this one... you can squeeze big time (I tested it and fully expected it to come out of the big airholes) but nothing, even with the bottle pressed right in and it drains away beautifully, as you can see in Tony B's review on Vapor Trails.

I haven't tried vaping on it with just half a hole opened yet because I want to break the cotton in, but I believe it will be very possible because of the way the air vent/channels are positioned.
    Last edited by Cat; 03-06-17 at 08:58 PM.
    1ynne and iamtezr like this.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    yay ! now see you knew............ it was the weeping hadaly in moments of weakness that saddens me ... bless ya Cat
    Cat likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast