Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Nautilus X 2ml review

AVF Regular

Nautilus X 2ml review

I have a Vapresso Tarot Nano and hated the tank on it, so I purchased the Nautilus X. Fell in love on the first firing. The flavour coming through was amazing and so full. Prior to that I was using T18 tanks which aren't too bad but the Nautilus just won me over.

About a week in I had to change the coil. I had purchased two packs of 1.5 ohm coils. Put the new coil in and yuk. No flavour, could not get a decent draw like I was before and was so frustrated. I was getting crackling, spitting and a very hot tip and tank. Thought maybe it is a dud coil, so replaced it with another one and same thing happened. Spent hours playing with settings trying to find that sweet spot again and could not come close to what it was previously. Everywhere I read said the 1.5ohm is suited for between 14 and 22W, but anything over 15W caused spitting. I tried taking it down to 10W with the vent open fully and nothing.

I put the old coil back in and wham .... back to how I liked it but with a slightly burnt taste (hence why I was changing the coil). I then realised that the coil that is installed with the tank is a 1.8ohm and not the 1.5ohm that is advertised. Luckily for me I had another new tank and took the installed coil out of that one and am a very happy vaper again.

If I had to persevere with the 1.5 coil or that had been the installed coil I would have thrown the tank out. I have now ordered 3 boxes of 1.8 coils and would now highly recommend this tank for an excellent MTL experience which is full of flavour. Being able to adjust the draw is fantastic, and I love how it changes how much flavour comes through. It is easy to fill and clean and looks great on my Vaporesso. Vaping at 14W, coil reads 1.90ohm.

Would love to know if anyone else uses this tank with 1.5ohm coils and how they find them and what settings they are using.
    staceman101 likes this.

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    Had the Nautilus X. Same experience as yourself... after the first coil, I was never satisfied again.
    It's a love hate thing. It gets great reviews... but I got it at a time that I also got a Kanger SubTank and started enjoying sub ohm DTL... so I honestly didn't give the poor thing much of a chance.
    MTL, it was fantastic. Didn't like the top fill when I need a coil change.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Ginar likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Had the Nautilus X. Same experience as yourself... after the first coil, I was never satisfied again.
    It's a love hate thing. It gets great reviews... but I got it at a time that I also got a Kanger SubTank and started enjoying sub ohm DTL... so I honestly didn't give the poor thing much of a chance.
    MTL, it was fantastic. Didn't like the top fill when I need a coil change.

Have to agree about the top fill issue. The only way I have found to overcome that is to empty what is in the tank into a bottle to pour back in again. I think if they had released it with 1.8ohm coils to start with, a lot of the first review may not have been so negative.
    staceman101 likes this.

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    Hmm...

I think I've got the 1.5 ohm coils, and it's ok but never 'great'.

However, I also have the 0.6 ohm Pockex coils, and on TC they're good.

Maybe the way they work means that 1.5 ohm is simply 'too hot', or running them at low power means they're 'too cool' and messing it up? Running on temp control means power isn't a factor, they run at the intended temperature anyway.

I've got one, I'm not letting it go anywhere as it's one of those super compact tanks that goes well with my super compact mod. I'll have to get some 1.8ohm coils and see if that makes a difference for me. Thanks for that info, I wouldn't have thought it would make such a difference.

Although if I had to choose between the Nauti-X and the Hotcig Smart, the Nautilus X has no chance. The Smart is smaller, has a much wider operating range (10-20W, super tight MTL to tight DL) and gives good flavour and a decent amount of vapour, considering it's even smaller than the Nautilus X and the coils are cheaper. And it uses a standard 510 tip.

Still, I have the Nauti-X and it's not going anywhere. It's a good tank, super compact but there are better choices. As there always is...

Stu.
    Ginar likes this.

AVF Regular
    I found the 1.8 coil together with the 4ml replacement tank improved it... but I was still pretty underwhelmed.. and I really wanted to like it... the original Nauty still beats it hands down !
    Ginar, AllyP and muscovyduckling like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I found the 1.8 coil together with the 4ml replacement tank improved it... but I was still pretty underwhelmed.. and I really wanted to like it... the original Nauty still beats it hands down !
    When I ordered the 1.8 coils I also ordered the 4ml extender. 1Lynne, what tank is your favourite?
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    Damm I was looking to grab one of these... what alternatives would you recommend for mtl with premade coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    Damm I was looking to grab one of these... what alternatives would you recommend for mtl with premade coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's actually a very decent MTL tank with the 1.8ohm coils and 4ml expansion. I just got heavy into sub ohm DTL, and the tight MTL draw didn't satisfy me...

AVF Regular
    Reminds of all the bs i went through with the PockeX a ways back...i ordered $20+ worth of 1.5 ohm coils (That they didnt say you couldnt use them with the PockeX anywhere on the net, including the site i bought them, didnt help), because the previous best starter kit id given to someone, the Endura T18 was accommodating, i figured it would do them fine. Nope, the PockeX can only do thew 0.6 ohm coils....

Havent bought anything Aspire since....make something that will support more than one coil or GTFO

I wont be a guinea pig for Aspire ever again
    staceman101 likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Look, I am totally committed to my Avocado tanks but I just have this burning desire to try one of these tiny Hotcig Smart tanks ;( And the bloody impossible to buy Digiflavour Siren.
    stylemessiah, 1ynne and Schtoo like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast