Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Daedelus Tool

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Daedelus Tool

Does anyone else have this? I got it in the mail today. Bought it because my motor skills with a trigger are shit and I lose control of my wire easily. The chuck on this is SHIT. It is so shallow I can't bend the wire at 90 degrees to clamp it and when you tighten it, it SPINS!!

I'm considering asking if I can return it and find another solution.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Does anyone else have this? I got it in the mail today. Bought it because my motor skills with a trigger are shit and I lose control of my wire easily. The chuck on this is SHIT. It is so shallow I can't bend the wire at 90 degrees to clamp it and when you tighten it, it SPINS!!

Sorry to hear youre having drama. What were you trying to make on it, if it was just standard Claptons, rolls of Clapton wire in both Kanthal and now Stainless are now available that werent when that first came out
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I watched a review for this tool a while ago and from what I saw thought it was average.

AVF Regular

Is there a screw inside the chuck you can tighten? there is usually one that holds the chuck on the shaft.

You could use an eyelet in the chuck instead. You just need to attach the wire to the eyelet. I think some of the builders prefer that anyway, rather then doing and undoing the chuck all the time.

ETA: or a hook...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Is there a screw inside the chuck you can tighten? there is usually one that holds the chuck on the shaft.

You could use an eyelet in the chuck instead. You just need to attach the wire to the eyelet. I think some of the builders prefer that anyway, rather then doing and undoing the chuck all the time.

I have heard of Clapton builders using 2 or 3 ball-bearing fishing swivels

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Sorry to hear youre having drama. What were you trying to make on it, if it was just standard Claptons, rolls of Clapton wire in both Kanthal and now Stainless are now available that werent when that first came out
    Yeah I've bought plenty of premade Clapton wire, premade coils etc. I'm interested in more complex builds but I need the manual speed control because I'm dextrously challenged. When the chuck isn't unscrewing itself it's really easy to get an alien going.

stylemessiah likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular

I just tried with an eyelet and even that slips out and yes I'm using swivels on the other end.

AVF Regular

The chuck is a sealed unit btw

AVF Regular
    The chuck is a sealed unit btw

There's 2 knurled sections on the chuck. The rear one is a little thin and hard to grasp. Maybe try some needle nose pliers to get a hold of it. Should help getting a bit more tension on the jaws.
    It is a pretty shit chuck though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular

Finally got an eyelet to stick. Guess that's staying in permanently...

fabricator4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast