Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By stylemessiah
  • 10 Post By stylemessiah

Thread: Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale)

AVF Regular

Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale)

I thought id start a little thread in the hopes of making people aware of some mods that are currently on sale, but after research are known to have issues.

This isnt to blacklist vendors, this is to make people aware, so they can do further research, and contact vendors selling the gear to make sure, where the mod has been updated that they are going to be shipped the updated/resolved gear. Because theres literally nothing worse than getting stuff shipped all the way here by drop shipping vendors, finding out it has an issue, and then having to ship it back/wait for a replacement/wait for new stock to make it to your vendor to be shipped as a replacement, or being "directed" to the original manufacturer where you can sometimes spend months waiting for them to reply to an email (ive been there, its not fun)

While this isnt to blacklist vendors, and i wont name any, one does have to be naturally cautious/cynical when stuff turns up here via vendor threads and is heavily discounted in flash sales

Some vendors are good and will list mods that have had fixes as "Vx" or "Latest Version" in their listings, and bless them. This is not about them, its about the ones that dont and feel they can easily dump known bad gear in the backwater that is Australia, where they know we're generally less likely to freight stuff back because of the cost.

No vendors will be named, as ultimately the issue lies with the original manufacturer, but vendors have their part to play and hopefully in an above board manner.

Feel free to join in and add your own, or send me a PM and ill research it and add it myself.

But i suggest you have more than one source of information on the issue, and not just from some newbie/disgruntled poster on Reddit

And so, my top tip to anyone, newbies especially is, to always do some research, and not just youtube reviews

Whenever i buy something, ill do days of forum reading etc (and im sure the mods wont kill me for pointing out there are other vaping forums, with larger userbases that can be used for research) on it before i click the button. I'll look for, or even wait for, a reputable reviewers (my fave is DJLSB - probably to a large extent he does in depth temperature control tests and i tc vape) review.

As i posted somewhere the other day, i'll wait for a trusted review/research over saving a few dollars...but thats me

I never impulse buy, thats exactly what some vendors count on.

20/06/17: Updated Ijoy Captain PD270 234W details to confirm temp control/510 issues.
    25/06/17: Updated Ijoy Captain PD270 234W details to confirm 510 changed since reviews, but still causing issues with tc and some tanks. Also updated the firmware version
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 25-06-17 at 08:07 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17

AVF Regular
    June 2017

The following mods are heavily discounted at some vendors (ive seen between 25% and 70% off, and some with free shipping) - do your homework, ask questions

IJOY Captain PD270 234W Box Mod

Issue:
    1) Temp control not reliable (due to 510) - If not a tc vaper, you prolly wont notice

Confirmed TC/510 issues by DJLSB - who is prolly the best reviewer of tc gear especially

https://youtu.be/f0cgwA2p9iA

Resolution:
    None at this time, its v1 hardware/1.4 firmware at time of writing

Edit/Update (25/06/17): Apparently iJoy replaced the press fit 510 that most reviewers got with proper 510's, but they still have issues, most notably minimum 510 depth for contact. Apparently, from tanks mentioned, Aspire tanks will make good contact, Joytech tanks may not....

Limitless Arms Race Box Mod

Issues:
    1) Battery magazine catch - relies on flimsy piece of plastic that breaks easily
    2) Battery contacts - Multiple versions of battery magazine - now at v3 - shiny nickel plated is the latest version
    3) Low battery issues at high wattages - to be fair some of this is due to safety and peoples expectations over safety

Resolution:
    Both 2&3 are addressed here by Limitless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ader10yE6CQ

Wismec Predator Box Mod

Issues:
    1) 510 can pop out- press fitted
    2) Patchy temp control due to 510
    3) Some reports of autofiring

Some of this covered right here on AVF: BEWARE: Joyetech/Wismec Predator 228 - more 510 problems

Resolution:
    No option but to RMA it or seek refund from the vendor you buy one from. No acknowledgement from Wismec anywhere on what if anything they plan to do to resolve the issues

More of a heads up. The following is slightly discounted - up to 25% off

LostVapes ePetite DNA60

Issue:
    1) Reports of qc issues and finishes peeling. Most likely due to the switch from Aluminium cases to Zinc Alloy.

Resolution:
    None at this time. Ive owned a LostVapes Efusion DNA200, back when they made their gear from aluminium, and never had an issue.
    Disappointing to hear from a company that used to make their gear very high end. I might even still get one, when vendors discount them even more because theyre sitting around. But hard to justify at the moment, when there are dna75 mods around much much cheaper.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 30-06-17 at 06:05 PM.
    Noe, giruvian, fabricator4 and 7 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17