Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Ceramic Coils

AVF Regular

Ceramic Coils

I've been looking at buying a Vaporesso Target Mini Kit but on one site they had that it had a ceramic coil and others it just says 1 x 0.5Ω cCell-GD SS DTL Coil (Pre-Installed)
    1 x 1.5Ω cCell-GD MTL Coil. Does cCell-GD mean ceramic? If not what part tells me it uses a ceramic coil? for this or any other product.

Not meaning to start a debate on pro's and con's of ceramic coils but I just don't won't buy it for now if it has it. After reading the potential hazards of ceramic coils valid or not, it's not a necessity for me to have something that might knowingly be more hazardous than what I'm already doing.

I do wish manufacturers and vendors alike would disclose (in plain language) these things so we can make an informed personal decision.
    gert and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    this will tell you everything

Target Mini Vape Kit | Vaporesso

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor View Post
    I've been looking at buying a Vaporesso Target Mini Kit but on one site they had that it had a ceramic coil and others it just says 1 x 0.5Ω cCell-GD SS DTL Coil (Pre-Installed)
    1 x 1.5Ω cCell-GD MTL Coil. Does cCell-GD mean ceramic? If not what part tells me it uses a ceramic coil? for this or any other product.

Not meaning to start a debate on pro's and con's of ceramic coils but I just don't won't buy it for now if it has it. After reading the potential hazards of ceramic coils valid or not, it's not a necessity for me to have something that might knowingly be more hazardous than what I'm already doing.

I do wish manufacturers and vendors alike would disclose (in plain language) these things so we can make an informed personal decision.
    The problems with silica are only with crystaline forms, for example in mining and industrial operations. Issues with silica in amorphous forms (ie heat treated) are negligible to non-existent. It was mostly a beat-up. We went through this wrt silica wick years ago - amorphous forms like silica wick and ceramics are not problem.
    Fatman likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    this will tell you everything

Target Mini Vape Kit | Vaporesso
    I certainly do like the sound and look of this device Captive. I probably just need some more convincing about the ceramic bit. Though I do know there is a big difference in plain ceramic and pyrex type of ceramics in casserole dishes in oven etc. LOL.. not sure all the bits in coils mean the same sort of thing though.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The problems with silica are only with crystaline forms, for example in mining and industrial operations. Issues with silica in amorphous forms (ie heat treated) are negligible to non-existent. It was mostly a beat-up. We went through this wrt silica wick years ago - amorphous forms like silica wick and ceramics are not problem.
    Fab...that's still double-dutch to me!!

AVF Regular
    I certainly do like the sound and look of this device Captive. I probably just need some more convincing about the ceramic bit. Though I do know there is a big difference in plain ceramic and pyrex type of ceramics in casserole dishes in oven etc. LOL.. not sure all the bits in coils mean the same sort of thing though.
    I use vaporesso ceramic coils both the atlantis and euc types and they are great and they have been proven safe if you look at vaporesso site they have the independent lab tests there some where

AVF Regular
    I use freemax it only has cc coils ( ceramic covered)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Fab...that's still double-dutch to me!!
    LOL OK.

If it's out of the ground, it can be a problem: crystaline silica

If it's been manufactured at all it will have been subjected to high temperatures, and is no longer a problem: amorphous silica.

I can't put it any simpler than that, though I can go completely the other way and tell you WHY....
    MrGruffy, btobw, rockmoose and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    LOL OK.

If it's out of the ground, it can be a problem: crystaline silica

If it's been manufactured at all it will have been subjected to high temperatures, and is no longer a problem: amorphous silica.

I can't put it any simpler than that, though I can go completely the other way and tell you WHY....
    Ok... I've decided against that device anyway. Not just for the coil, but a couple of other things I've learnt from youtube reviews like the charging port on the bottom of the device... grrr... I wish they'd all just put that at the side so you don't have to lie them down to charge. And a couple of other things I saw last night that I can't remember now..... but I did REALLY want the pretty gold one... oh well... just need to find another gold one. I like bling!! Or I could just go to the craft store and get some glitter and stick on sequins for the ones I've already got right?
    rockmoose likes this.

AVF Regular
    We expect to see you in the next modmakers comp, jemor.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    Jemor likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast