Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best recommended 18650 for mech

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Best recommended 18650 for mech

Hi all so I'm going to ask the question and I'm only looking for opinions as I know when it comes to battery talk everyone gets a bit touchy .... I was in a vape store today won't say which one and the guy working there had a .09 build in a single 18650 mech .. I'm a fairly experienced vapor but I don't know everything there is to know about ohms and amps in a batteries limits . I have played with mechs a little and got over it quickly as I felt it didn't have the punch I was looking for and was struggling to ramp up the builds I was doing . I currently vape at 100w with a
    .1ohm build and on a regulated mod it's perfect I currently use game over coils (cloud revolution) it my vgod trickster and vandy vape rdta and I use framed staples .12ohm in my Kennedy 25 there big coils and are 3mm ID I love the idea of single batt mechs they look nice and are small in the hand is there anyone out there that likes similar vaping experience to me and uses a mech ? If there is what battery do you use . Now I gotta say one thing I'm not going to hold anyone to what the say so if your pushing a batt to its limit and on the verge of blowing up that's your choice I just want some opinions on how far people are pushing there batteries and what there actually capable of
    Cheers Jono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono83 View Post
    Hi all so I'm going to ask the question and I'm only looking for opinions as I know when it comes to battery talk everyone gets a bit touchy .... I was in a vape store today won't say which one and the guy working there had a .09 build in a single 18650 mech .. I'm a fairly experienced vapor but I don't know everything there is to know about ohms and amps in a batteries limits . I have played with mechs a little and got over it quickly as I felt it didn't have the punch I was looking for and was struggling to ramp up the builds I was doing . I currently vape at 100w with a
    .1ohm build and on a regulated mod it's perfect I currently use game over coils (cloud revolution) it my vgod trickster and vandy vape rdta and I use framed staples .12ohm in my Kennedy 25 there big coils and are 3mm ID I love the idea of single batt mechs they look nice and are small in the hand is there anyone out there that likes similar vaping experience to me and uses a mech ? If there is what battery do you use . Now I gotta say one thing I'm not going to hold anyone to what the say so if your pushing a batt to its limit and on the verge of blowing up that's your choice I just want some opinions on how far people are pushing there batteries and what there actually capable of
    Cheers Jono
    Anything less than 0.2 ohms on a single battery mech is definitely starting to push things. The ONLY 18650 battery I would recommend is the Sony VTC5a based on Mooch's testing. The VTC3 might be better but I don't know anyone who's got them any more.

The reason this is controversial is that exceeding the constant current rating removes a very important safety factor. It starts to depend on HOW you vape, even with the exact same setup. One person might be able to vape at a rate of one puff every five minutes and be perfectly safe. Another might try chain vaping it and run the battery over 80 degrees C.

I'm not going to tell people what they should and shouldn't do, but like anything when you push the limits... Eventually something is going to break.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-06-17 at 04:53 PM.
    PATDACAT likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I think Trumpy would be the man with his finger most on the pulse here. I would be inclined to ask him, and heed any advice he gives. Pretty sure he uses LG HG2's, which are what I use in the same situation, but I don't go as low as you.

And like fab says, what works for someone doesn't necessarily work for others.

Main point is 'Don't be like Andy'.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    I think Trumpy would be the man with his finger most on the pulse here. I would be inclined to ask him, and heed any advice he gives. Pretty sure he uses LG HG2's, which are what I use in the same situation, but I don't go as low as you.

And like fab says, what works for someone doesn't necessarily work for others.

Main point is 'Don't be like Andy'.
    Lol it wasn't Andy let's make sure we all know that it was a different store in a different suburb I just use his coils in all my rdas as I prefer them over everything else iv tried !! What build would you normally run in a single 18650 ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono83 View Post
    Lol it wasn't Andy let's make sure we all know that it was a different store in a different suburb I just use his coils in all my rdas as I prefer them over everything else iv tried !! What build would you normally run in a single 18650 ?
    A different Andy... The guy in Idaho who probably had no idea about battery safety and why we should be making sure we use safe chemistry batteries for everything, and that they can handle what we are doing with them.

This is the guy who is the reason for the "Don't be like Andy" warning whenever battery safety is mentioned.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/262858...ette-exploded/
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I don't mean Andy from here, I mean that git that created the media storm a few months back, blowing half his face off, with his own stupidity.

I normally run 0.4-0.5Ω so I get enough runtime and juice longevity.

I go down to 0.2-0.25Ω when I'm in crazy, living on the edge mode.

Real hellraiser aren't I?
    fabricator4 and Jono83 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    A different Andy... The guy in Idaho who probably had no idea about battery safety and why we should be making sure we use safe chemistry batteries for everything, and that they can handle what we are doing with them.

This is the guy who is the reason for the "Don't be like Andy" warning whenever battery safety is mentioned.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/262858...ette-exploded/
    Fark that is pretty intense

So am I reaching at expectations I won't receive ? Or is there a build out there that would suit my need but still be safe (ish)

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Lg chocolates...i use the in tube mechs with a .10 ohm coils and in series mechs with .28ohm coils...great batteries...
    rockmoose and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Lg chocolates...i use the in tube mechs with a .10 ohm coils and in series mechs with .28ohm coils...great batteries...
    Sorry LNB, I actually mean't you. Not that you haven't passed on much of your info to your brother in arms, Trumpy.
    LNB likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast