• 2 Post By rodbam
  • 2 Post By 1ynne
  • 3 Post By Crisscross
  • 2 Post By DogMan
  • 1 Post By Cams

Thread: Sad days as no Purchase

AVF Regular

Sad days as no Purchase

So my 1 and 2 year vaperversary have come and gone. At each one I wanted to get something special as a treat. I have been keeping my eye on the Asmodus site for Kodama Minikins. Watching them come up and be sold. 2 days ago I saw the perfect one, purple and blue and a serial number I loved. I so wanted it, it was so me, it was stunning. Checked conversion rates, came to about $460 and I just can't do it. I have 2 Minikins that work fine, a stab wood version would work just the same only it was stab wood.

Haven't checked if it is still there, to scared I will be tempted.
    Fatman, rodbam, AllyP and 2 others like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    We all have our unicorn vaping gear.

I have always believed that if you really love what you buy then you will use it and get the value out of it for years. Its not about the cost of the mod but the cost per usage time. I know I have spent a lot of money on mods that came and went within weeks/months but I will never regret any of the special buys. They are the cheapest cost per usage of anything i have or will ever own.
    Fatman, DogMan, rodbam and 4 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I've often wondered about how long someone would use an expensive mod compared to a a far cheaper but nice mass manufactured mod. The Stingray mech mod clone I have looks fantastic but I don't use it much because the technology now is producing some really good mods. I imagine if my Stingray was genuine it would still be sitting on the shelf unused.
    Also it doesn't seem to take long for the novelty of our new mod to wear off & we start admiring the latest & greatest, if this is the same with genuine mods then it can be very expensive a. Mind you the satisfaction & joy you can get from owning a hand made expensive mod can make the expense worthwhile. On the pension I will never know that feeling:-)
    AllyP and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    I found this quite inspiring ... Need a new atty, stuck in the past - NFI what to get! .. gives an insight into quality mods...
    Last edited by 1ynne; 22-06-17 at 05:33 PM.
    Fatman and rodbam like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I've often wondered about how long someone would use an expensive mod compared to a a far cheaper but nice mass manufactured mod. The Stingray mech mod clone I have looks fantastic but I don't use it much because the technology now is producing some really good mods. I imagine if my Stingray was genuine it would still be sitting on the shelf unused.
    Also it doesn't seem to take long for the novelty of our new mod to wear off & we start admiring the latest & greatest, if this is the same with genuine mods then it can be very expensive a. Mind you the satisfaction & joy you can get from owning a hand made expensive mod can make the expense worthwhile. On the pension I will never know that feeling:-)
    I use all but one of my billet boxes and provaris. I rotate through them every couple of weeks. They haven't missed a beat and some are over 3 years old..........Worth every penny
    rodbam, 1ynne and gurishka like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    the exchange rates suck

i started vaping during the brief window when we had parity with the USD

really noticing the difference with higher end mods depends on the person. What one person loves for performance, another may never warm too owing to an attie gap, or fit in hand, or something
    Crisscross and rodbam like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I have saved so much over the time I have been vaping and I want to treat myself but an extra $350 for wood? Seems too much but it is so special. Still wanting, still resisting.
    rodbam likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.