Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tsunami dripper...

AVF Regular

Tsunami dripper...

Thinking of getting a Tsunami (1:1 clone) dripper on the recommendation of a friend, for testing new flavours.

Anyone have much experience with drippers? Good idea or not?

Everything I've seen makes me think it's a VERY different style of vaping, and I wonder if it would really allow good flavour trials?

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    What do you use at other times?

RDA can be good to test, provided it somewhat mimicks your tank. If you use MTL tanks with tight draw, you want similar in a dripper. Keep it similar, or your brew could taste completely different. Not better nor worse, just different

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    What do you use at other times?

RDA can be good to test, provided it somewhat mimicks your tank. If you use MTL tanks with tight draw, you want similar in a dripper. Keep it similar, or your brew could taste completely different. Not better nor worse, just different

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    I use the Sigelei Moonshot RDTA and a Goblin Mini clone in rotation. Both DTL. The Goblin has a somewhat tighter draw than the Moonshot...

AVF Regular
    i would suggest a similar deck dripper to your main atty but since the moonshot has a unique style
    it still looks close to a velocity deck, only recessed.

next would be airflow, ideally should be similar to each other and third would be the bore of the drip tip.

RDAs are good testers, easy to clean and rewick.
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    you ask a very broad question,

in general, vaper will always use drippers to test flavour wherther you DIY juice or taste different already made bottle like i do.

the main point of us do this is because of the confeniance of cleaning and changing the cotton very quick for flavour change.

its a yes and no answers as the guys above mention.

if you like intense flavour not so very airy setup, get a 22mm RDA, something like hadaly,armor, ddp typhon, soul S. all of this atty available as a clone if you wish to try.

if you like more airy draw, get a bigger deck like 24mm.icon, goon, kennedy, recoil RDA

this will generally give you similar flavour when you transfer to RTA or tank if thats what you've been using.

but as dogman said. every single RDA, tanks and RTA have their own unique "taste" because of the design.

but in general, once you like the flavour in the RDA, it will be less inteste in RTA or tank.

hope it help.
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I recently picked up a Druga after sitting on Aries and Tobeco tanks, plus the Pharaoh RTA I picked up not too long ago. Totally new to dripping, and noticed a big difference in flavour which I personally prefer, just been running dual SS316's in it. I'd give it a thumbs up for flavour testing and sitting around home, but god knows I would go postal having to cart juice with me all the time outside of that

Sent from my iPotato using some form o'magic!
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaba95 View Post
    I recently picked up a Druga after sitting on Aries and Tobeco tanks, plus the Pharaoh RTA I picked up not too long ago. Totally new to dripping, and noticed a big difference in flavour which I personally prefer, just been running dual SS316's in it. I'd give it a thumbs up for flavour testing and sitting around home, but god knows I would go postal having to cart juice with me all the time outside of that

That's my biggest concern. If the flavour is better, I may not enjoy my RDAs anymore...

Flaba95 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    That's my biggest concern. If the flavour is better, I may not enjoy my RDAs anymore...

You mean RTA's I'm assuming?

I still love my Pharaoh, and my other prebuilt tanks, if the Pharaoh had a better build in it I'd probably get a similar amount of flavour.

staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaba95 View Post
    You mean RTA's I'm assuming?

I still love my Pharaoh, and my other prebuilt tanks, if the Pharaoh had a better build in it I'd probably get a similar amount of flavour.

Lol, yes. RTAs. Autocarrot just tried to turn it into RDAs again, because RTAs hadn't been added to my dictionary.

Flaba95 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hahaha, the old autocucumber trick!

Having been using the Druga for a few days, everything considered, the flavour is great, but It's not a case of going back to a tank and dying a little inside because the flavour is missing, still well tasty enough for me

staceman101 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast