Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Suggestions requested for large capacity, large bore, TC, clearomizer

P.J
    AVF Regular

Suggestions requested for large capacity, large bore, TC, clearomizer

Hi, I've just changed from using the kangertech subtank plus (ni200 coils) to the wismec reux (ceramic coils). I really like the higher airflow and the warmer, denser vape. Do you know if there is a temp control clearomizer that has the higher airflow like the wismec reux (and cloudbeast)? I'm also thinking of going to a sx mini from my wismec reuleaux dna200. Because the sx mini seems more inclined towards the tc side? I was wondering if there was a suitable large capacity (6+ml) tc clearomizer to match with it, thanks.

AVF Regular
    Never swap a DNA device for an SX Mini...you already have the best of the two in terms of chipset....the DNA chipset IS the most customisable TC chipset in existence.

Being a *bit* of a fan of TC myself, and having owned DNA, SX and other TC devices, I will tell you that the SX Mini I had was the worst TC mod I've ever used. And the issues I had with it 2 years ago still in effect. And it's also the most expensive....just dont...no, really...dont

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-07-17 at 11:01 AM.
    P.J likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Yep, have to agree. Escribe for DNA chipsets has the ability to fine tune the TC, as long as you are willing to go down that technical rabbit hole. The only other thing that comes close is Arctic Fox on Joyetech/Eleaf/Wismec devices that support it. In particular, setting it up for the true internal resistance and changing the PI-reg values from the defaults.

I don't believe TC is a mature technology yet, but to go to the next level they need to put a bit more processing power on the board I think. Unfortunately Evolve seem more interested in inserting wizzbangs and blinken lights right now.

There's nothing wrong with those things, but there's plenty of work to be done. For example, the default setup assumes 0 ohms resistance in cases where the manufacturer does not run the case analyser. That was always going to happen - it's another five steps that have to be done, and which are non-trivial to automate. If Evolve had used say 0.02 ohms for the default they would have improved the outlook for 99.9% for these implementations that are not configured correctly, and they would work much better out of the box.
    P.J and rockmoose like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    I would have thought The SX Mini was better at plain wattage,
    and is a good choice if you hate TC.
    The SX does have its faults
    1 Battery cap
    2 Finish
    3 Tiny screen, (like the TreeBox .... waits for Style to bite)
    But has advantages in power & bypass modes
    P.J likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    I would have thought The SX Mini was better at plain wattage,
    and is a good choice if you hate TC.
    The SX does have its faults
    1 Battery cap
    2 Finish
    3 Tiny screen, (like the TreeBox .... waits for Style to bite)
    But has advantages in power & bypass modes
    he is gonna hate you for going agenst TC :P
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    he is gonna hate you for going agenst TC :P
    Nah im the first to say the TB does have a tiny screen, but then i only have to look at it once each time i resistance check a new build, or on the rare occasion i change the temp, once at the beginning of summer or winter usually

p.s. Sinidely you forgot

4) Rattlesnaking - bouncing (also able to hear it audibly) off the set temp resulting in chopping off your vapor in a chugging motion...still does that 2 years after the SX Mini M came out...ECF has plenty of people whove posted regretting buying the SX Mini G Class...

I sent my Mini M to that foul creature who now lives in France some time ago....havent missed it for a single moment
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-07-17 at 04:47 PM.
    Snidely_Whiplash likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

P.J
    AVF Regular
    Ok, thanks for the thoughts. I think the DNA200 will stay and I'll not go for the sx mini.

What about recommendations for large capacity and large bore TC clearomizers?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J View Post
    Ok, thanks for the thoughts. I think the DNA200 will stay and I'll not go for the sx mini.

What about recommendations for large capacity and large bore TC clearomizers?
    I had an Efusion DNA200, the only device ive parted with and miss

As for tanks - theres really no such thing as a tc tank, theres tanks that can use prebuilt coils using tc wires if you prefer to use prebuilt coils, most prebuilt coil using tanks usually do tc capable coils, or widening your choices even further theres rebuildable tanks

large capacity:

Dunno, i recently had a 25mm Griffin AIO, holding 5ml, which didnt work well for me in TC, even though the base resistance was stable. Its also possible, and my theory and that of others was that the wire and coil i was using (single wire 26g 316L stainless steel) may have been the issue. Its possible to get large (tall) capacity 22mm tanks, but more likely it will mean a 24/25 or even 30mm tank, and even so the largest generally in capacity is going to be around the 5ml range...luckily theres vendors out there making large capacity tanks despite a large part fo the market now being devoted to TPD (european) legislation limiting tanks going into Europe to 2ml....

Large capacity wise one tank that springs to mind is the Smok TFV12...6ml, but then it usually has bonkers coils that will go through juice quicker than you can fill it
    Theres also the Uwell Crown 3 which does prebuilt coils, 5ml but less juice hungry than the TFV12....

Apart from those, i dont really have tanks that use prebuilt coils on my radar as i use rebuildables, so as usual, im going to leave tank suggestion beyond what i have already, to others.

large bores:

In general unless its a MTL tank, most tank bores have leaned towards larger bores over the last few years.

In general for "tc friendly" tanks, its really down to conductivity/internal resistance of tanks...there isnt really a collective list of bad tanks for tc. Basically as long as the 510 isnt a piece of pot metal and theres not some badly implemented design from the 510 to the deck and the deck fixing screws etc, then most tanks should do tc just fine. Ive only had that one Griffin not work well, and again that could be down to the mass of the deck in it, my particular build...but i have to say ive used the same coil build a millionty times across many tanks in tc and never had an issue.

I have a Serpent SMM hopefully due tomorrow or early next week which im hoping will be perfect as a replacement, and might be worth considering if youre up for rebuilding. Its 24mm and holds about 4ml of juice. Single coil of course, which is what i prefer, and simple to build. Ill no doubt whack a mini review of it up and that of course will be primarily about how it does in tc mode as i dont do anything but tc....online reviews by one of the reviewers i trust and tc vapes says it should be good.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-07-17 at 05:43 PM.
    P.J likes this.

Handy shopping links:

P.J
    AVF Regular
    I'm sure it's probably easier these days than it was years ago to build your own coils, I was into coil building back in the days of the Smok RSST, RBA. I spent many hours with different gauge wires and stripes of stainless mesh for wicks, im all about pre-built coils now. The thought of going back to building coils makes me shudder!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J View Post
    I'm sure it's probably easier these days than it was years ago to build your own coils, I was into coil building back in the days of the Smok RSST, RBA. I spent many hours with different gauge wires and stripes of stainless mesh for wicks, im all about pre-built coils now. The thought of going back to building coils makes me shudder!
    Mesh, yep, you definitely predate me vaping, let alone rebuilding...when i started in 2015 i decided from day one to rebuild. Apart from the one brief time waiting for the RBA for the Crown V1, i have never used prebuilts. But yeah i dont think i would have enjoyed the mesh days...

Any tank with velocity style decks are a doddle, and now starting to see simple clamp style decks too.

My Lemo 2's are the most fiddly tanks i own by far to build on as i dont use the post holes and wrap around the screw heads instead(replaced the phillips screws with hex heads a while back for extra torque ), but still the best tanks most consistent i own. The Kayfun 5 and Avocado are a doddle by comparison.
    P.J likes this.

Handy shopping links:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast