AVF Regular

Does Eleaf Voltmeter suit a hybrid mod

Hi. does anyone know if the Eleaf Ohm/Voltmeter reads batteries in hybrid mods? I'm looking for something that suits both hybrid mods and other mechs with 510 adapter thingy. not looking to spend alot.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...eter-voltmeter

AVF Regular
    I don't think I'd put that or any other voltmeter near a hybrid. The center pins on everything I've seen don't protrude far enough to be safe.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I don't think I'd put that or any other voltmeter near a hybrid. The center pins on everything I've seen don't protrude far enough to be safe.
    Thanks for saving me from a bad fate yet again Fabricator! Yes i wasn't sure if the pin was out far enough. Just thought maybe someone here might have used one. Then is the best way to check a battery in a hybrid mod to put it in a regulated mod? or is there something else that you can do to check the v. level of a battery independently of a mod apart from making calculations?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    Thanks for saving me from a bad fate yet again Fabricator! Yes i wasn't sure if the pin was out far enough. Just thought maybe someone here might have used one. Then is the best way to check a battery in a hybrid mod to put it in a regulated mod? or is there something else that you can do to check the v. level of a battery independently of a mod apart from making calculations?
    The safest thing to do is to take it out and yes... put in a regulated mod or use a multimeter to check the voltage. I usually use a multimeter since there is always one on my desk.

AVF Regular
    The safest thing to do is to take it out and yes... put in a regulated mod or use a multimeter to check the voltage. I usually use a multimeter since there is always one on my desk.
    I've been checking the batteries in my regulated mod. I may need a new battery charger. I only have a single battery Joyetech battery charger that I had from an older vaping device. Even though it indicates the battery is fully charged (green light), when I check battery in my regulated mod it reads as 3.30v. I'm expecting that my battery should be at least 3.6v fully charged. I don't think I've stuffed the battery by overuse; it's new and i don't let the battery go flat before recharging. So i'm not sure why it's not fully recharging. hmmm...

AVF Regular
    Yes some of those cheap single battery plugpack chargers are terrible. I got one with a very early mod and it was terrible, often ending the charge prematurely. Better than over charging I guess.

Something is definitely wrong there. Standard 18650 batteries are considered "flat" when they are at 3.2V for our purposes. They should charge to 4.2 volts (4.25 absolute tops) and will finish up with a resting voltage when fully charged of 4.15 volts or thereabouts.

ETA: Remember "nominal voltage" is about half charged, and while under a 1C load.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-07-17 at 07:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    ETA: If your battery charger is faulty, you might have to charge it in your regulated mod plugged into your phone charger or similar.

AVF Regular
    ETA: If your battery charger is faulty, you might have to charge it in your regulated mod plugged into your phone charger or similar.
    Good Idea. I definitely think its time for a 'grown up' battery charger.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    in front of my computer in the hills east melbourne
    if you want a cheep voltmeter try something like this
    Mini Electric LCD DC 2.5-30V Red LED Panel Volt Voltage Meter 3 Digital Voltmete | eBay

its what i use as its easier than pulling my multi meter out and its just as easy to take your battery out as it is to take your tank off.
    Last edited by PATDACAT; 23-07-17 at 03:32 AM.