Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Geekvape Aegis 100w

AVF Regular

Geekvape Aegis 100w

Full Review from Daniel (DJLsb)

Last edited by iamtezr; 17-07-17 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fixing link again.

AVF Regular

Geekvape Aegis 100w

@Stylemessiah you wanted a review from DJLsb, here it is
    Last edited by iamtezr; 16-07-17 at 08:54 AM.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cheers for looking out for me, id just pipped you to it here

I decided to go an ePetite instead....wooden panels, of course

Hopefully GeekVape did solve the issues on the production Aegis models, only time will tell
    iamtezr likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Update:

Aegis owners may want to watch this, apparently Phil has been working with GeekVape to solve some of the issues, notably one that made it "unsafe"

Temp control had issues that made it potentially unsafe...no prompting for old/new coil if you removed and put a hot tank on

If the linked clip isnt going to the correct time, the Aegis section is about 13:20 in...

And yes, youre going to have to pull the plug out to update it....

Ill update my on mods on sale thread with this as well.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 19-09-17 at 05:03 PM.
    iamtezr, VapeLikeKing505 and emu like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Update:

Aegis owners may want to watch this, apparently Phil has been working with GeekVape to solve some of the issues, notably one that made it "unsafe"

Temp control had issues that made it potentially unsafe...no prompting for old/new coil if you removed and put a hot tank on

If the linked clip isnt going to the correct time, the Aegis section is about 13:20 in...

And yes, youre going to have to pull the plug out to update it....

Ill update my on mods on sale thread with this as well.
    Thanks style..
    I need to update my device now..
    Never thought it was "unsafe" device..lol
    It has travelled with me couple of times. Luckily i have been using it mostly in vw mode.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VapeLikeKing505 View Post
    Thanks style..
    It has travelled with me couple of times. Luckily i have been using it mostly in vw mode.

No worries.

Yeah i put unsafe in quotes because the word unsafe in vaping circles can be alarming and people tend to think battery explosions etc
    More of a heads up/caution

Now when DJLSB labels something unsafe its really unsafe...the Kangertech NeBox comes to mind, that had the worst tc design/firmware fail
    of all time and would happily let you vaporise a nickel or titanium coil without really trying. That was their first foray into tc....

I know why Phil termed it that way, because removing and putting a hot tank back on particularly with a nickel or titanium coil/wire
    without a New Coil Y/N? prompt is not something you want to do because of the potential of toxic wire compounds forming and being inhaled.

Mind you its still possible to generate the same issue when swapping batteries on a tc mod. I.e. you have a hot tank and you run out of battery
    and swap in a new one...some mods will take the hot tank resistance as the base resistance....happens on my ePetite. But not on the TreeBox, you
    can hotswap batterys on that till the cows come home and she fires at the original and correct base resistance....TreeBox, people still wonder
    why i love the thing...

So...top tip for tc users on most tc mods: if you run out of battery power, power off, swap out your battery and then let your tank get back to room temp
    and then power on and check your room temp resistance is correct before firing it....

I havent watched yet the previous Phil video (review first thoughts on aegis) which lays out the other issues with it...i suspect that if he
    labelled the tc prompt oversight as "unsafe" then the others can only be small things

Im just a bit staggered that the mod left the factory without that New Coil y/n? prompt...we've had that prompt on tc devices for 2+ years now.

I was intrigued by the Aegis, especially as im find of GeekVape gear, id buy one, but the thing that puts me off is that the rubber i feel prolly
    isnt going to age well/look great after a few months.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 20-09-17 at 01:34 PM.
    iamtezr likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VapeLikeKing505 View Post
    Thanks style..

I have updated mine and unlesss you are going to use temp for Ni200 or titanium DONT DO IT!

yes the update will now ask you if you have a new coil or not but it also now asks if you leave the mod sit for 5-10 minutes even in power mode. Doesnt matter if the ohms are locked or not it keeps asking and asking and asking!

From what I can see all the update does for SS or kanthal users is screw up a good mod

Mine has now been retired to the bottom draw untill another update that fixes the mess this one has caused
    Last edited by captive; 21-09-17 at 12:35 AM.
    VapeLikeKing505 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    I have updated mine and unlesss you are going to use temp for Ni200 or titanium DONT DO IT!

yes the update will now ask you if you have a new coil or not but it also now asks if you leave the mod sit for 5-10 minutes even in power mode. Doesnt matter if the ohms are locked or not it keeps asking and asking and asking!

From what I can see all the update does for SS or kanthal users is screw up a good mod

Mine has now been retired to the bottom draw untill another update that fixes the mess this one has caused
    Well thats less than ideal...

I did take a look around before posting the advice to update yesterday and couldnt find any people having post update issues, cause i do that before handing out links

You *should* be able to flash back to the earlier firmware...i have done this on other mods..notably bloody Smok H-Priv to try and find one without the stupid aggressive preheat cloud bro shite..went back 4 versions 1 by 1. Recently did an update/downgrade for my mate when i got him a new JoyeTech VTwo....be hard to find a mod that didnt allow you to downgrade these days.

I would try the downgrade...and report back if it returns you to the previous behaviour...oh and send Phil a heads up if it does...
    iamtezr likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Well thats less than ideal...

I did take a look around before posting the advice to update yesterday and couldnt find any people having post update issues, cause i do that before handing out links

You *should* be able to flash back to the earlier firmware...i have done this on other mods..notably bloody Smok H-Priv to try and find one without the stupid aggressive preheat cloud bro shite..went back 4 versions 1 by 1. Recently did an update/downgrade for my mate when i got him a new JoyeTech VTwo....be hard to find a mod that didnt allow you to downgrade these days.

I would try the downgrade...and report back if it returns you to the previous behaviour...oh and send Phil a heads up if it does...
    On another site a user has reported that there was a bug with v1.21 where the resistance does not lock/set and will ask you if it's a new coil if it's +/- 0.010. He has reported this to Geekvape.
    So I could see the annoying issue that captive would be having if he were to rest the mod for the Coils to cool down.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtezr View Post
    Full Review from Daniel (DJLsb)
    The best review of those that I saw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast