Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: HCigar VT Inbox TC

AVF Regular

HCigar VT Inbox TC

OK, I succumbed and bought one (in fact I accidentally bought 2, but that's another story).

I'm pretty dogged about trying to work things out, but the instruction manual is pretty clueless for this mod. I've tried various searches trying to find something better, but I'm still at a loss.

I'm sure that someone(s) here can tell me how the TC control works on this mod. I know that the software requires eScribe, which is only available to Windoze users and I use a Mac. That's not a problem because I'm sure that I can access eScribe if that's what I really need to do.

There doesn't seem to be a combination of button presses that switches between anything. Can someone please assist, thanks FX
    rodbam and JakeFloyd like this.

AVF Regular
    Have a look in xx panel thread. Fractal's post is pretty good to get you on your way. I too use a mac and have no problems getting TC functionality without escribe. I will hook up to escribe at some point to adjust the tcr setting, but for now it works.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    rodbam and FXVaper like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular

HCigar VT Inbox TC

You can find the manual here: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

1.Locked mode:
    Pressing the fire button five times with less than .7 seconds between presses will cause the device to enter Locked mode. In Locked mode, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. While in Locked mode, the screen will be off, except that pressing a button will show “Locked, Click 5X”. To exit Locked mode, press the fire button 5 times.

2.Stealth Mode:
    Holding the Fire and down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds will switch to stealth mode, repeat to switch back to normal mode.

3.Resistance lock:
    The DNA 75 relies on the cold resistance of the atomizer to measure temperature accurately. If the connection is not stable or if you find the measured resistance drifts with time, it may be desirable to lock the atomizer resistance. To do so, while locked hold both
    the Fire and Up buttons for two seconds to enter Resistance Lock mode. In this mode, the DNA75 will use the present atomizer
    cold resistance without refinement until the atomizer is disconnected or the resistance lock is disabled.
    A lock symbol will replace the ohm symbol on the display. To disable resistance lock, repeat the procedure to lock it.

4.Max Temperature Adjust:
    From Locked Mode, holding down both the up and down buttons for two seconds will place the device in Max Temperature Adjust mode. Once this mode is entered, the max temperature will be displayed. The up and down buttons are used to adjust the max temperature. To
    save the new temperature setting and exit, press the Fire button.

5.Power Locked mode:
    Holding down both the up and down buttons for two seconds will place the device in Power Locked mode. In this mode, the mod will operate normally, but you will not be able to change the power setting. This mode prevents accidental power level changes due to the buttons being pressed while in a pocket. To exit Power Locked mode, hold the up and down buttons for two seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change profiles (VW/TC) and adjust temp and power settings:
    In Unlock Mode, Press + and - to enter Power Locked Mode, press + or - to cycle through your profiles and press Fire to enter Wattage or Temp Control. To adjust and change the temp setting press + and - to get out of the Temp Locked Mod. To change the wattage in temp mode, you will need to x5 Click to get into Locked Mode then press + and - to change the wattage.

Looks confusing at first but you get used to it
    Tez.
    Last edited by iamtezr; 27-07-17 at 11:01 AM.
    rodbam, 1ynne, rockmoose and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Well done FX I asked the same questions when I got my VT Inbox:-) Mine had a sticky fire button that would stay firing after I took my finger off & the screen was too far up in the window. I've sent it back today & they will send me another one.
    FXVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    There is a beta Mac eScribe mentioned on the eVolve forum. Don't know if it works or how far along it is. *insert obligatory derogatory Mac comment*

If you can get access to a PC in the meantime, updating your profile with materials really helps. I find the SS316 material settings that come default don't work as well as other SS316 parameters, particularly if I'm using SS Claptons. You can also change the material on the mod within each profile without making changes in eScribe if there is a particular preheat setting you like. Can't remember the button combo though, sorry.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    FXVaper likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    With the inbox, what ohms and batteries are you all running ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Regular
    I usually run one around 0.5Ω, and the other around 0.8Ω.

They just get tossed my standard single batt rotation, VTC4 VTC6 HG2, whatever is in the nearest battery case.
    JakeFloyd likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Chocolate LGs at 0.35-0.5 ohms on a Pulse 22

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    JakeFloyd likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    25r
    50w
    Wattage mode

Only since they were all I have for single cell. 30Q or VTC6 are on my to do list for singles.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    JakeFloyd likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    I imagine maybe a fused clapton is the coil of choice?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast