Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Confused

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Confused

Hi to everyone here. This is my first post so please be gentle

I have been vaping for about 6 years and started with Vaporsmiths little ciggies and stepped up to 1100ma pen battery (evod, about $5 each fron aliexpress).I was smoking 50 or so Winfield red per day and have been off the smokes since I started vaping.

My oil supplier in the states sent me a new Aspire Nautilus every time I ordered more than US$100 worth of juice. I find them ok but the coils are crap and only last a day or two. I also use a protank 2 that I have been building coils for, but always get gurgling when the tank is less than half full.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a good rebuild able deck for my Aspire? Any tips on why the protank sounds like a bong and gives me a mouthful of liquid when I re-coil it would be very much appreciated. I am using Bestecig 18mg Marlboro (if that makes a difference).

I have also been reading about wire types on this forum and am still unsure of what size and type to use.The coils I bought for the protank are pre wound and I cant remember the ohms.

Thanks in advance for any help
    steve.c and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Check you are not missing an o-ring, I build my Protanks with 1.8ohm nr-r-nr Fastech pre-wound coils and wick with cotton.
    marc likes this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    There *does* appear to be a rebuildable deck:
    VVTF Nautilus RBA Deck Rebuildable Head Atty -$6.19 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
    https://www.fasttech.com/product/377...-coil-head-for

They don't seem to get good reviews though.

You might be better off with something like the Cthulhu RTA, Or a Kayfun V5 with the air reducer. There are other options too.

I switched to the Kanger Subtank Mini a long time ago because I like more air even for mouth to lung (MTL) vaping. My Protanks haven't seen the light of day for years.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Hi to everyone here. This is my first post so please be gentle

I have been vaping for about 6 years and started with Vaporsmiths little ciggies and stepped up to 1100ma pen battery (evod, about $5 each fron aliexpress).I was smoking 50 or so Winfield red per day and have been off the smokes since I started vaping.

My oil supplier in the states sent me a new Aspire Nautilus every time I ordered more than US$100 worth of juice. I find them ok but the coils are crap and only last a day or two. I also use a protank 2 that I have been building coils for, but always get gurgling when the tank is less than half full.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a good rebuild able deck for my Aspire? Any tips on why the protank sounds like a bong and gives me a mouthful of liquid when I re-coil it would be very much appreciated. I am using Bestecig 18mg Marlboro (if that makes a difference).

I have also been reading about wire types on this forum and am still unsure of what size and type to use.The coils I bought for the protank are pre wound and I cant remember the ohms.

Thanks in advance for any help

Best Ecig
    18mg Marlboro should not be doing that to Nauti coils.
    At $8.95 for five coils, I'm pretty sure they are knock off's.
    Best Ecig is known for selling clones, & Kanger has said as much.

This doesn't mean the tank is bad, some of the big Naulti clones are quite good.
    It's just that they are nickel plated brass, but then so is the real Naulti.
    Try and get the real Aspire coils, they are generally better.

From Best Ecig's pictures, they look like the first Naulti BVC's.
    The New ones use cotton, & have larger juice holes.
    The Naulti BVC's can be rebuilt, so you might want to try rebuilding some of the real ones.
    (paging Crisscross)
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 02-08-17 at 05:42 PM.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    God my dad would be lucky if he changes his Nautilus coils once a month....although I wouldn't recommend that

Maybe if you are happy to build your own coils you could also consider a different tank that is more suited to it. There are so many
    out there now that are just as good or better than what you are using now.

I got a couple of those decks for the Nautilus for my parents and they aren't that good. Very small and fiddly. Especially if you aren't
    used to building.

You could also try coils from a more reputable vendor to see if they are the same. As people have already mentioned, you might be
    buying fakes. Aspire have also just come out with a Nautilus 2 with new 0.7ohm coils. They also fit the older Nautilus tanks so you
    can give those a try too. Don't forget to prime your coils before you start vaping. That could be why you feel they aren't lasting very
    long.

There are a few Aussie vendors that stock genuine Nautilus coils. Just do a search for them here https://www.vapeassist.com/.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    So I have found this ORIGINAL VVTF NAUTILUS MINI & NAUTILUS RBA DECK V2A REBUILDABLE COILS HEADS ATTY | eBay

And this.10 Meters UD Kanthal A1 Heating Wire RDA RBA DIY Vape Coil AWG

I am just fishing for opinions and experience with these. Also will I need cotton? This deck looks a lot better than the original with better screws.
    Crisscross and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    So I have found this ORIGINAL VVTF NAUTILUS MINI & NAUTILUS RBA DECK V2A REBUILDABLE COILS HEADS ATTY | eBay

And this.10 Meters UD Kanthal A1 Heating Wire RDA RBA DIY Vape Coil AWG

I am just fishing for opinions and experience with these. Also will I need cotton? This deck looks a lot better than the original with better screws.
    I have both the v1 and v2 RBA

Can I get the swearing out of the way early. ******** ********* ******* bleep

For me these have to be one of those purchases that will forever be in the fail box. they are tiny, everything about them is tiny. If you have extraordinary vision clarity and extremely dextrous fingers then give it a go. Make sure you have a keen sense of hearing be cause you will need it when the little screws go flingig off into the furthest corner of your room.

Ok serious now. They are difficult and you can rebuild them, in fact some people do........

However it is actually easier to rebuild the factory coils with a bit of thinking through. I rebuild all my nautilus factory coils and have helped others do the same. I get FT premade coils with NR-R-Nr wire (helps preserve the insulators), you can get spare insulators. I use rayon wick that lasts ages and never dry hits.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 03-08-17 at 10:52 AM.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I have both the v1 and v2 RBA

Can I get the swearing out of the way early. ******** ********* ******* bleep

For me these have to be one of those purchases that will forever be in the fail box. they are tiny, everything about them is tiny. If you have extraordinary vision clarity and extremely dextrous fingers then give it a go. Make sure you have a keen sense of hearing be cause you will need it when the little screws go flingig off into the furthest corner of your room.

Ok serious now. They are difficult you can rebuild them and some people do........

However it is actually easier to rebuild the factory coils with a bit of thinking through. I rebuild all my nautilus factory coils and have helped others do the same. I get FT premade coils with NR-R-Nr wire (helps preserve the insulators), you can get spare insulators. I use rayon wick that lasts ages and never dry hits.
    Yes XX you were right and I was oh so very wrong.... these ARE the pits of the pits !

Absolutely everything CrissCross said but with added swearing for extra emphasis... I cannot over state how incredibly tiny and frustrating these are... and, if I was feeling particularly cruel, I could post you one just so you could perfect the machine gun fire rate of frustrated expletives.... it is an art form aided by these nasty little b's

now the other thing I did learn .. from the lovely XX, of course, is that rebuilding existing nauty factory coils is far easier..... but then it was only a short leap to building coils in proper RTA's and of course, that produces an expotential increase in better vaping and sadly I now only use the nauty's for 'old time sakes'

edit to add: you can have a V2 kit if you are really wanting - just send me your address... this can hardly be called a "gift" as it is an implement of torture... and certainly I do not want to think of this as a PIF .. I would beg you never pass it on or inflict it on another poor soul !

oh I did post about it earlier - Vvtf kabuki rba deck nautilus rba deck v2
    Last edited by 1ynne; 03-08-17 at 11:06 AM.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

emu
    AVF Regular
    The Melo 3 RBA is as small as I can go with my vision and probably a much better MTL vape.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Yes XX you were right and I was oh so very wrong.... these ARE the pits of the pits !

Absolutely everything CrissCross said but with added swearing for extra emphasis... I cannot over state how incredibly tiny and frustrating these are... and, if I was feeling particularly cruel, I could post you one just so you could perfect the machine gun fire rate of frustrated expletives.... it is an art form aided by these nasty little b's

now the other thing I did learn .. from the lovely XX, of course, is that rebuilding existing nauty factory coils is far easier..... but then it was only a short leap to building coils in proper RTA's and of course, that produces an expotential increase in better vaping and sadly I now only use the nauty's for 'old time sakes'

edit to add: you can have a V2 kit if you are really wanting - just send me your address... this can hardly be called a "gift" as it is an implement of torture... and certainly I do not want to think of this as a PIF .. I would beg you never pass it on or inflict it on another poor soul !

oh I did post about it earlier - Vvtf kabuki rba deck nautilus rba deck v2
    bwahahahahaha

that brought back memories. does this sound familiar.

How hard can it be............
    I love a challenge..........
    I am sure it will be ok..........
    Piece of cake...........
    I have patience.............

bwahahahahaha

Marc if you do accept this mission. Please record the effort as a potential entry in the youtube of the year awards.

Psssst Lynne.....Bet you never thought someone would want it........
    1ynne, iamtezr and rockmoose like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast