Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: DNA 250 - Triade

AVF Regular

DNA 250 - Triade

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me please.

I have a Lost Vape Triade Dna 250, I can't seem to make TC work, I downloaded the csv file from steam engine but whatever I do i am getting a weak and smooth vape. Tried adjusting temp to 400F, 450F, 500F and all the same and according to the analyzer from escribe the temperature is being met but i still get a weak vape. Also tried adjusting the wattage but it doesn't do anything either.

Am i doing something wrong? I just want to get TC to work

thanks!

AVF Regular
    Please post your wattage setting, your coil resistance, your atomiser brand/type, and the wire youre using

p.s. Its a TC vape, so its supposed to be smooth, but at those temps it shouldnt be "weak"
    steve.c and gurishka like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Thank you stylemessiah

I am using Geek vape Avocado 24 with single SS316L clapton with 0.45 ohms, set on TC at 450F with 80w. The wire is from a member here forgot the username but from flippingfilo.com.au

I use TC on different mods and even at 380F hits a lot harder than what i am experiencing with the triade

emu
    AVF Regular
    I'd see what it's like on wattage mode first but try 45-50 and see if you get a good vape, if you do you might need to check the preheat watt's and time also see what the TCR is set to. If it's just as bad on wattage mode try a new coil.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    My initial thoughts,

Is the clapton spaced?

Have you tried the tank on another mod? Did it read the same resistance? Dos it vape as expected?

Is this is your first DNA mod?

Are you sure you have the correct profile selected for your material (wire)?

You mention having downloaded a .csv file from SE, i assume you imported this into your materials library in Escribe, but did you select a profile and apply the new material (wire) to it, and select it on the mod?

If you run atomizer analyzer on the Avo with the clapton fitted, is is stable...its normal to get a small amount of variance, if its wildly altering, then either (assuming the clapton is spaced) its a contact issue - check your 510 pin is screwed in fully and tight on the bottom of the Avo, and that your coil is trapped properly and tight, or its a wire issue. Being 316L SS you can dry burn it to glow test it to make sure its not got a hotspot which would throw off tc. Building single strand single spaced 316L ss coils, i cant even remember the last time i test fired a coil...much reduced chance of wire issues with a single strand single coil.

Ordinarily as a first troubleshooting step id suggest building a simple single strand single core wire at 0.50ohms or above for 316LSS, but the mass of the clapton, despite being 0.45 would normally negate that advice. But it may still be a valid test to build one as the simpler you make the ingredients in the chain, the easier it is to nail the culprit.

p.s. Its normal on DNA device for the resistance displayed (at power on or at idle/when not fired and cool) to alter from the initial reading over time, it may go up and down, this is known as refining...sometimes it sends me a little bonkers, but ive learned to live with it, over locking the resistance. It *may* mean you have to raise the temp a step or two, if it refines down, to get the same vape, but not wildly.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 09-08-17 at 09:57 PM.
    gurishka, rockmoose and emu like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I'd see what it's like on wattage mode first but try 45-50 and see if you get a good vape, if you do you might need to check the preheat watt's and time also see what the TCR is set to. If it's just as bad on wattage mode try a new coil.
    While you can set a TCR on a DNA device, its actually ideally based to work on a TFR curve, another way of measuring the resistance change.

Ive never bothered adding the TCR for 316L SS on a DNA, mainly because its not possible to enter the 0.00092 i use on other TC mods for 316L, DNA only lets you set 0.00100+ (or 100+)...which makes the vape weak for me, so i leave it to TFR only....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 09-08-17 at 10:03 PM.
    emu likes this.

Handy shopping links:

LNB
    AVF Regular
    This is why i like mech mods...

emu
    AVF Regular
    Thanks style, I'm limited to eleaf and Iwepal chipsets for TC so not much help here. I have had the same problem before which was solved by changing the coils, that Triade looks a good mod which should work out of the box really well I would have thought. Anyway I will bow out of this one so I can just watch and learn.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    This is why i like mech mods...
    Please at least post a kitten pic next time you put tc down :P It will soften the blow

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Thanks style, I'm limited to eleaf and Iwepal chipsets for TC so not much help here. I have had the same problem before which was solved by changing the coils, that Triade looks a good mod which should work out of the box really well I would have thought. Anyway I will bow out of this one so I can just watch and learn.
    hehe ive had a large variety of tc mods, the DNA is definitely the one that does need most knowledge because of the available options.

I still prefer my far cheaper TreeBox Mini for setup and day to day use...theres no atty lock, no refining, nada, yet it works. If it doesnt work i know its only because of my build....

Since ive had my ePetite DNA60 ive had to readjust back to DNA land and to ignore the displayed resistance when it changes due to refining...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 09-08-17 at 10:32 PM.
    gurishka and emu like this.

Handy shopping links:

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Random kitten....

For style....
    stylemessiah, iamtezr and emu like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast