Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Vaporesso NRG coils

P.J
    AVF Regular

Vaporesso NRG coils

Hi,

Looking at giving the vaporesso nrg tank a go, wondering if someone can help me understand the coil heads? From what I've seen so far i cant confirm or otherwise if they have a temp control coil head in the line-up and I see bits about the ccell ceramic head but can't see anywhere, anyone that sells them? So, do they have a tc head and where could I find the ccell ceramic heads? Thanks.

Anyone that's used this tank, happy to hear some feedback on it too, thanks again.
    steve.c likes this.

P.J
    AVF Regular
    *tumble weed rolls by*

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J View Post
    *tumble weed rolls by*
    Its been a quiet night, it happens occasionally...

If you wanna leave your credit card details with us and put us on a retainer, we'll respond quicker, i promise...

We're all volunteers here

Looks like some are ceramic based, some are cotton based, and the wires look to be all stainless steel...so good for either vw/tc modes...from the VERY limited info

I would email them and ask, better chance of asking those who makes em than a random person on a forum

As for where to buy the GT heads..one local site: https://vapestreet.com.au//products/...nt=45902044038

5 squid a coil...not the worst in terms of price, bloody close though, but again im glad i rebuild - $10 for 30m of wire (that ive had for nearly 2 years), some cotton...and a bit of fiddling will save you a fortune when you feel youre up to it and have a tank that allows you to rebuild.

Edi/update:

A review says:
    Another item of note is that Vaporesso claims the GT Cores will be available in a “variety” of styles, yet the device only comes with two standard Kanthal and cotton setups – both of which rate at 0.15 ohms
    So the coils in the box in the kit are apparently NOT ss and therefore not suitable for tc mode

Vapresso...bringing out loads of confusing crap and then not even clarifying it on their own website.....enjoy

When "ceramic coils" came out there was a fair bit of i wouldnt/i would debate about them...im firmly on the i wouldnt side of things...id want to be 100% confident in who was making the ceramic and how it was made.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-08-17 at 01:02 AM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Just looked at fasttech and they sell 2 sorts both are clapton so the will most likely be kanthal

P.J
    AVF Regular
    Cheers, for the info, the backhanded humour and confirming the confusing literature. Might just go with the big baby beast? No tc available but plenty of options and gets mostly good reviews.
    fabricator4, stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Cheers, for the info, the backhanded humour and confirming the confusing literature. Might just go with the big baby beast? No tc available but plenty of options and gets mostly good reviews.
    Backhanded humour is both my default setting, and free

Baby beast coils are prolly the next most expensive, fyi. But if you're determined to blow clouds and go through juice in a hurry (adding to the expense of the coils), then that's the way to go. There are better and cheaper options, depending if you want to use pre-built coils or build your own.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    P.J likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

P.J
    AVF Regular
    I'm looking at the smaller end of the baby beast coil range, being able to consume more juice than a bodybuilder can steroids is not the aim. I'm currently using the Wismec reux tank with ceramic coils with high VG, I don't run flavours and the coils last 4 to 8 days tops. A mate at work runs the same juice setup through a BBB tank with Q2 coils and gets good vapour production, very reasonable juice usage rate and at least 3 weeks per coil. So, because of that and my length-of-coil-life envy, I'm thinking that is for me the way to go.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    You should be getting a buckload more than 4-8 days out of a coil using unflavoured juices.

I use max VG and the only experience I had with ceramic coils was troublesome. While the vape quality was very good, wicking was veeeery slow. I found if I had one toot on it each time I vaped, and then vaped one of my other devices, I had no problems. But that kinda defeats the purpose, so I gave up on it.

If you are able to increase your PG intake (neither style nor I can), you will almost certainly increase your coil longevity.

Whilst I pretty much use RDA's exclusively, I have become rather smitten with the Wotofo Serpent SMM (style will also sing it's praises). Although it is a rebuildable, it is very easy and troublefree, and could well fit the bill for your air and juice specs.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    I'm looking at the smaller end of the baby beast coil range, being able to consume more juice than a bodybuilder can steroids is not the aim. I'm currently using the Wismec reux tank with ceramic coils with high VG, I don't run flavours and the coils last 4 to 8 days tops. A mate at work runs the same juice setup through a BBB tank with Q2 coils and gets good vapour production, very reasonable juice usage rate and at least 3 weeks per coil. So, because of that and my length-of-coil-life envy, I'm thinking that is for me the way to go.
    Why didnt you lead with youre an unflavoured vapist, you might have nullified my backhanded humour completely I am totes unflavoured here.

You also get bonus points for not being a hard core cloudz bro vapor

Theres nothing wrong with the BB tanks, we just normally warn people about the juice consumption

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    You should be getting a buckload more than 4-8 days out of a coil using unflavoured juices.

I use max VG and the only experience I had with ceramic coils was troublesome. While the vape quality was very good, wicking was veeeery slow. I found if I had one toot on it each time I vaped, and then vaped one of my other devices, I had no problems. But that kinda defeats the purpose, so I gave up on it.

If you are able to increase your PG intake (neither style nor I can), you will almost certainly increase your coil longevity.

Whilst I pretty much use RDA's exclusively, I have become rather smitten with the Wotofo Serpent SMM (style will also sing it's praises). Although it is a rebuildable, it is very easy and troublefree, and could well fit the bill for your air and juice specs.
    Actually, I have gone back to 60VG/40PG because of slight chest heaviness during winter. I only initially went off adding extra PG to my mixes beyond the PG in my nic base because i bought 3 bottles of bad PG in a row, and so i went to around 90VG for like 6 months. I then had issues with the Lemo 2 handling it during winter and bit the bullet and bought some PG and of course it was dodgy, but then i ordered some from VK where id never had a bad bottle from and all was well. Currently on 60VG/40PG now. Re-adjusted to it with no issues. And yes, the coils are back to lasting longer as a result

As for the Serpent SMM, its actually getting used quite a lot more than any secondary tank ive ever owned (the Lemo 2 is still king though). Airflow just a smidge under halfway is perfect for me...gives me the slightly restricted lung hit and warmth im after. It hasnt had a seconds drama. Stupendously easy to build on. Coil trapping is perfect. Wicking easy peasy.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-08-17 at 04:35 PM.
    rockmoose likes this.

Handy shopping links:

P.J
    AVF Regular
    Yep, the unflavoured is the ticket, first tried it as a bit of exploration and haven't gone back, I've had a few vapes on a setup that had flavour in it and the taste was beyond rank and was just so gross and oily, go figure I guess?

I'm a bit against the rebuildable idea, I've got lazy I guess? May venture down that track again one day to see what's changed. Will look into the one you mentioned.

So, went to a B&M store thus afternoon and picked up a Big Baby and I have to say, what an absolute piece of shit. The sole and deal breaking reason, leaks like a tap. Leaked out the first two tanks, used the Q2 .4 coil head, couldn't stop the liquid running through it, I was pissed. Changed to another of the same coil, same thing again. Changed to the Q2 .6 coil head, Yep, same problem.

The juice was all VG with 10% water. Works in the reux setup, thought it would in the baby beast too. Did all this outside the shop in the car, went back into the shop the guy tried to help but couldnt do anything.

I get home with the piece of shit and make an all VG brew and fill it up with coil number 4 in it. First few vapes didn't leak, I go out for 30mins and come back, I can see through the air slots the liquid pooled at the bottom of the coil. I tilt it and the leaking starts again. I get some kitchen paper and poke it through the air slots to soak up the liquid, put it back on the mod, 5 minutes now and hasn't yet leaked but the tank is now half empty and I wouldn't have vaped on it for 10 minutes total.

Fail on the baby beast tank. Back to the short life Wismec reux coils, at least they don't leak.

P.S
    For Sale
    1 x SMOK baby beast
    lightly used
    as new
    comes with 1/2 a packet of .4 coil
    and, most of a packet of .6 coil heads.
    Last edited by P.J; 11-08-17 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast