• 5 Post By captive
  • 1 Post By Danny76
  • 1 Post By Northerner
  • 3 Post By stylemessiah
  • 2 Post By steve.c

Thread: Stentorian AT-7 mod

AVF Regular

Stentorian AT-7 mod

First I have to thank Heaven Gifts for the great competition that I won this mod from.

OK so we all saw the hype about "water cooled mod" (no it isn't) and "cool idea for some vapers who love PC games or prefer to collect unique devices" but what is it in reality? The Stentorian AT-7 mod is actually a simple very well made mod with a great fire bar with only 1 flaw I can see.

When you open the box you are presented with a very nice looking device

There is also a very simple instruction book and a charging cable.
    The instructions are simple because this whole mod is simple no controls, no screens, no menus just screw on any atomiser and press the fire bar. Like most of these auto/smart mods there are lights to tell you what they are doing, this one has 3 LED lights the most obvious being the logo on the battery. These change from white to green to red as the power runs out of the inbuilt 3500mah battery. All the usual safety features are included and you know if you're being stupid by the lights flashing green. The mod fires coils from 0.1 ohm up to 3 ohms and is power only.

The side fire bar is under the atomiser and you wouldnt even notice it is there until you go to fire it. This fire bar is the best I have ever used and other manufacturers should take note of it, no matter where you press it top, bottom or middle it fires it really is very good.

Having an auto sensing mod is always a risk as to how well they will operate when different atomisers and coils are used but it seemed to work well with everything I tried starting with rebuildables 0.2 ohms to 0.8 ohms using the following atomisers: OBS engine both single and duel coils, Aromizer lite single coil, coppervape skyline single coil, Alpine RDTA clones both duel coils, Digiflavor Fuji duel coil, Taifun GT111 clone, serpent RDTA and serpent SMM. These had a mixture of clapton and other exotic coils and plain ss wires
    I then tried the following prebuilt coil tanks with coils ranging from 0.15 to 1.2 ohm coils Melo3 with both standard and ceramic coils, melo 300, osvape cobra, Carrys T4-R, vaporesso Estoc with ceramic coil, ijust S, big baby beast and finally the tank that seems to give everything a problem the OBS Ace with ceramic coil and everything worked flawlessly.

Summary for the positives very simple to use and does not seem to have a problem with any type or brand of atomiser, at leas the ones I tried.

Now for the fault

This thing is HUGE! It is built like a brick, heavy and hard to hold. It is not a mod you would want to be carrying around with you unless you wanted to turn a handbag into a weapon!
    Look at the following pictures to get an idea of how big against my hand, the ijoy capitain P270, smok alien and geekvape mech pro

If only they had made it 1/3 smaller they would have had a great mod but as it is it is not practical for most people
    rodbam, 1ynne, Danny76 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Great review mate.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    captive likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nice review...

It does kind of look and size like a NUC to me, rather than a mod though.

Just needs some USB and HDMI ports. Hmmm, there's an idea. A pc you can vape.
    captive likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Nice review...

It does kind of look and size like a NUC to me, rather than a mod though.

Just needs some USB and HDMI ports. Hmmm, there's an idea. A pc you can vape.
    Well I do have a mod that is also a flash drive, picture viewer and mp3 player is that close enough?

AVF Regular
    Overclock it or GTFO
    steve.c, Northerner and Danny76 like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    You missed out one other flaw, it's ugly af
    Danny76 and rockmoose like this.