• 6 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By gert
  • 6 Post By fridgemagnet
  • 4 Post By Nothingexpert

Thread: Think I've been ripped off.

AVF Regular

Think I've been ripped off.

Just a fyi.

Having exhausted my supply of coils for my little old IcareMini's {I'd run out}I popped into Sams in Brisbane and asked for 2 boxes of coils..I havnt bought any for a while but last time I did they were about 3/4 dollars for a box of 5.
    Assistant rang it up and said 30 dolllars {for two packets, }
    After picking myself up off the floor I asked how come. Turns out in that shop they charge PER COIL.! when I complained the response was" haw haw you should see the price of some coils.!"
    Cost me 15 dollars for one box. ! Cant even take it back they gave me no docket
    .Are boxes of coils now priced per coil generally? These are still around 3dollars on Fasttech,
    Stay out of there Brisbanites is my advice. I'm fuming.
    Last edited by gert; 06-09-17 at 11:08 AM.
    Hoofprint, DocM, AllyP and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I just did a quick check on vape assist and it's around $10 average for a pack. Hov had them for $7. You'll always pay more in a store.
    gert and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    and yet you still handed over money rather than walking out and buying from some where else.
    steve.c, DocM and staceman101 like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Just a fyi.

Having exhausted my supply of coils for my little old IcareMini's I popped into Sams in Brisbane and asked for 2 boxes of coils..I havnt bought any for a while but last time I did they were about 3/4 dollars for a box of 5.
    Assistant rang it up and said 30 dolllars {for two packets, }
    After picking myself up off the floor I asked how come. Turns out in that shop they charge PER COIL.! when I complained the response was" haw haw you should see the price of some coils.!"
    Cost me 15 dollars for one box. ! Cant even take it back they gave me no docket
    .Are boxes of coils now priced per coil generally? These are still around 3dollars on Fasttech,
    Stay out of there Brisbanites is my advice. I'm fuming.
    Those are only $1.30 each at the coilman gert
    gert, steve.c and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow thanks Emu, I am going to get some coils from them for other gear, just havn't gotten around to it so thats good I can stock up on those as well, learned my lesson.
    I only bought these because I'd run out. They are my only go to stealth devices for going out because theyr'e tiny,
    {Moral of the story is to keep the coil supply stocked up.. heh}
    DocM and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    and yet you still handed over money rather than walking out and buying from some where else.
    Not that easy. I'd run out and Sams is the only place that has then thats accessible to me.
    We dont have B and M's all around like you probably do in SA.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    yep ive been there, not with coils but juice.

Ran out one weekend and the only shop in this hondunk area that had any was Tobacco choice
    $15 for 10ml of the worst china juice that was so fkn bad FASTTECH wouldn't even stock it.

The chocolate taste/smell was so vile my dog ran from the room with tears in his eyes.
    Ended up needing to turf the whole Nautilus and hang a New car scent Tree in my vape space to clear the smell.
    gert, steve.c, DocM and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    yep ive been there, not with coils but juice.

Ran out one weekend and the only shop in this hondunk area that had any was Tobacco choice
    $15 for 10ml of the worst china juice that was so fkn bad FASTTECH wouldn't even stock it.

The chocolate taste/smell was so vile my dog ran from the room with tears in his eyes.
    Ended up needing to turf the whole Nautilus and hang a New car scent Tree in my vape space to clear the smell.
    OMG Hoofprint -- That turned out to be very expensive juice--
    I have tasted only 2 their juices and I agree. one was alright first puff but then it got worse. .. {I hope the dog has forgiven you hahaha}
    Sad thing is that could be a good shop if someone cared a bit. But they are mainly a tobacconist so I guess the vaping is just a sideline. Perhaps the shop at milton is better, havnt been there though.
    Last edited by gert; 06-09-17 at 12:37 PM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Keep some unflavoured around - for when you run out of your preferred juices.
    No smell, won't affect your wick, or atty, and it's dead cheap.
    gert, Fatman, steve.c and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Don't get me started on Sam. I'd smoke again before I gave him my business.
    gert, steve.c, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.