• 1 Post By hithere
  • 3 Post By gurishka
  • 2 Post By hithere
  • 2 Post By hithere
  • 2 Post By hithere

Thread: Velocity Mini build problems

AVF Regular

Velocity Mini build problems

Hi all. I've got a Velocity mini 22mm rda clone. Keep getting dry hits. Tried a couple of different builds. At the moment I have dual coils: 26G SS316l 5 wraps 2.5ID at 2.2ohms. I'v positioned the coils facing the airflow slot, with airflow closed halfway. I've made sure i've got a good amount of juice (its even leaked at times) thought my wicking was decent. Had it on a single mech mod(Samsung5 18650 25R 2400mah,20A). Now on a vv/w mod. 30-40w. Any suggestions? different wire? higher ohms? bigger ID? I've got 26G SS316L and Kanthal 24G A1.H
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Do you mean 0.22 and not 2.2 hithere ? bet ya bottom dollar it's the wick and not the coils unless you have hot spots, you should be able to run 50 watts no probs at 0.22 with a good wick.

AVF Regular
    Do a plain wire, 3mm ID coil. Build it to 0.25 on a mech with that battery and make sure your cotton isn't too snug in the coils mate. That'll be choking off the liquid from getting in to it. Also remember to prime your cotton too.. Pour eliquid over the coil and when it's soaked in enough, fire it for a short second..then add more eliquid on to the coil.. Do it a few times to prime that cotton (apologies if you knew this). If you're not comfortable about building that low for a mech, just use a regulated mod.. You might find better flavour at different wattages that way (easier to tailor the mod wattage to the build).
    stylemessiah, emu and FXVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Do you mean 0.22 and not 2.2 hithere ? bet ya bottom dollar it's the wick and not the coils unless you have hot spots, you should be able to run 50 watts no probs at 0.22 with a good wick.
    Yes Emu, I meant .22. I'll try rewicking as last time i looked i didn't have hot spots.
    gurishka and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Do a plain wire, 3mm ID coil. Build it to 0.25 on a mech with that battery and make sure your cotton isn't too snug in the coils mate. That'll be choking off the liquid from getting in to it. Also remember to prime your cotton too.. Pour eliquid over the coil and when it's soaked in enough, fire it for a short second..then add more eliquid on to the coil.. Do it a few times to prime that cotton (apologies if you knew this). If you're not comfortable about building that low for a mech, just use a regulated mod.. You might find better flavour at different wattages that way (easier to tailor the mod wattage to the build).
    Hi Gurishka. I will rewick. and i've got plain kanthal and plain SS wire. And i will try 3mm. I actually haven't prime tested it so I'll give that a try. I'd probably be happy enough to build a bit a bit higher ohms for a mech. Although some of my 2-2.5 builds on other rdas on mechs have faired better. Thx
    gurishka and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Might pay to practice your wicking on a RTA or RDTA so you can get a feel for a good flowing wick then move on to the dripper, watch a couple of vids on youtube maybe ? It's practice that'll get you over the line and vaping happily so keep up the good work mate and get it done.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    Hi all. I've got a Velocity mini 22mm rda clone. Keep getting dry hits. Tried a couple of different builds. At the moment I have dual coils: 26G SS316l 5 wraps 2.5ID at 2.2ohms. I'v positioned the coils facing the airflow slot, with airflow closed halfway. I've made sure i've got a good amount of juice (its even leaked at times) thought my wicking was decent. Had it on a single mech mod(Samsung5 18650 25R 2400mah,20A). Now on a vv/w mod. 30-40w. Any suggestions? different wire? higher ohms? bigger ID? I've got 26G SS316L and Kanthal 24G A1.H
    Dont forget to do what i consider the most important part of wicking, fluffing ur tails. I usually take about 20% out through fluffing and never had a dry hit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Dont forget to do what i consider the most important part of wicking, fluffing ur tails. I usually take about 20% out through fluffing and never had a dry hit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yes Danny76, I always fluff my tails (that sounds a bit suggestive), and I try to make the wick not too loose and not too tight.. thus my frustration... any way I will re build and rewick and see how it goes.. Thanks all for advices.
    Danny76 and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    show us pics of your velocity wicking. i've used a regular velocity for ages and its one of the most consistent and well designed rda.
    deep juice well, wide bore DT, a variety of airflow options and side airflow.

my only cons are proprietary wide bore DT and that needle-tiny mound
    which seems like an airflow lock that I can't seem to fit.