Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: First build and wick thanks.

AVF Regular
    I have a pic of my first ever build , must find it. Pretty sure it was absolute trash

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's a lot like brewing a scrummy new beer and tasting it for the first time on the satisfaction and wonder level. But healthier!
    One question. The wick is looking a bit droopy atm and looks like it should have twice (?) the amount of wick. (Self control mode please Stylemessiah) Spits a bit & not a great deal of vapour either.
    I'd throw a pic in but I've only got a kerosene powered model phone camera. I will tomorrow.
    staceman101 likes this.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    You need to make your wicks tighter in the coil mate. They need to snug as a bug mate so they don't leave an air pocket or collapse when they're "juiced" up and fired. Also look at where you place them over or near the airflow channels. The coils need to be placed appropriately so the air hits them right.
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    You should try the Melo 300 with the sextuple coils doc, I put a new one in today and forgot how good this sucker is. 110 watt's is perfect for big flavor and massive thick clouds, goes through 6 ml's of juice really fast though but if you love a good nic rush it's excellent....!
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Gurishka. What you describe is what I'm looking at. The rda airflow is at the top and supposedly creates a vortex of vapour.
    Emu, I've spent enough spondoolix on new stuff and just want to get this rda right atm. Thanks for the tip though.
    Last edited by DocM; 12-09-17 at 10:43 PM.
    gurishka, emu and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dylbj View Post
    Just need to figure out the best & easiest build for my Hadaly
    Try 26g 316 SS, 2.5mm centre and five wraps. Should be around 0.4 ohms and 30 to 35 watts on a mech with fresh batteries.
    DocM, dylbj, emu and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    What sort of RDA is it mate? I'll look it up.
    DocM and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Yup...a PITA to build right for first timers due to the way airflow comes in from the top and down the sides. You need to get the bottom part of the airflow channel to hit the bottom of the coil and come under and around it to get the best flavour. You also need to pull the coil out towards it. If it's too close to the posts the air won't hit it and you won't get much vapour.
    DocM and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    You need to make your wicks tighter in the coil mate. They need to snug as a bug mate so they don't leave an air pocket or collapse when they're "juiced" up and fired. Also look at where you place them over or near the airflow channels. The coils need to be placed appropriately so the air hits them right.
    Good advice mate, I like em Fluffy and slightly to big to pull through the coil, I roll one end really tight just long enough to poke through then as I'm pulling it through I twist the whole wick from the other end till it just goes through. Then I pull it back and forth till it settles all snug as a bug in a rug and it's done. Trim to length on 45 degrees and I comb the tails with a dental tool then poke it through the deck. I always circumcise the cotton if using pads but much prefer Kendo these days.
    DocM, staceman101 and FluffySheep like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast