Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: UD SS 316L Coil?

AVF Regular
    here is my 3mm single strand 26 gauge ss in a OBS engine and what the IPV vesta says about it

FluffySheep likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    here is my 3mm single strand 26 gauge ss in a OBS engine and what the IPV vesta says about it

a thing of BEAUTY

Can't wait to get mine (1-2 weeks) from now and try it out!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    a thing of BEAUTY

Can't wait to get mine (1-2 weeks) from now and try it out!!
    one word I would not use about my coils is beauty I just make them, test them and use them never have worried about looks

AVF Regular
    Function over form with coils. As much as we'd all like pretty coils etc it just doesn't happen (well not all the time..). I'm lucky that I wind them most of the time and i have patience.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Beauty is subjective. For me it is beautiful!

AVF Regular
    How many wraps per coil? Been wanting to do a similar build to this!

I'm just worried I'd burn my wick because I've read people saying you cannot chain vape with SS coils? (On VW mode)
    I think it was around 13 wraps at 3mm. I dont have the build with me at work today so cant have a look. Think my latest is a spaced 10 wrap 3mm for a .3 build anyway.

I basically stopped aiming for certain resistance and just aimed at getting as close to the posts for a while to just get the practice of building coils, and am now trying to refine the process to get a build I like.

I haven't had a problem chain vaping on SS though I did start fluffing out my tails early on to help juice flow.
    FluffySheep likes this.
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular

Got bored.. Had 36awg. Made these..

AVF Regular
    You think it's okay to build 24g 7-8 wraps dual coil 3.5mm on an OBS engine? Resulting to 0.2ohms, vaped at 70W
    Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

I'm just worried I'd burn my wick because I've read people saying you cannot chain vape with SS coils? (On VW mode)
    It's outside my usual style of vaping but it looks about right. Just work the power up slowly; don't just bang it on 70 watts and have at it. You only do that sort of thing when you are re-creating a build you've used a lot before. Even then, I believe it's better to run a wick in at lower wattages before you put it on full power.

There's not reason you can't chain vape on stainless steel. The variation in resistance usually isn't enough to cause much of a problem. If the mod is reading the resistance every time you press the button (or dynamically) then just the wattage a slightly lower. The ramp up time might seem a tiny bit longer but that's about it.
    emu and FluffySheep like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Very nice gurishka, talented man..!!!
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Must be my week for hijacking things instead of style doing it. I just did a smaller framed staple fused..

As far as coils and cotton burning and chain vaping go, fab has touched on most points. I would again say that depending on how tight your wick is in the coil and whether it's being constricted by the juice channels or coil will play a big factor into 'chain vaping'.

Personally I don't get how someone can constantly inhale more vapor. But horses for courses.

If you're taking long inhales then make sure your wick is appropriate and can soak that eliquid in fast. However just be aware that higher vg eliquid won't wick as fast and you need to adjust your vaping style or else your build technique to suit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast