Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: UD SS 316L Coil?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks for all the input, makes me a bit more confident in using SS

beautiful coils gurishka, lots of surface area on that one!
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Thanks for all the input, makes me a bit more confident in using SS

beautiful coils gurishka, lots of surface area on that one!
    I used a macro lens for the shot. They're not that wide actually. The bottom one was my take on a micro fused Clapton. 2x30awg wrapped with 36awg. I'm waiting till i can buy some stock of ss316 to do the same thing. Do a comparison on the kanthal and ss.
    FluffySheep likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I sent an email to Vaporesso asking what wire they put in the GT cores as there's no info on their site or anywhere for that matter, anyway they said cobalt-chromium alloy. Dunno if it's suitable for TC or not but to be honest I've never heard of it, anyone have any ideas..?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I sent an email to Vaporesso asking what wire they put in the GT cores as there's no info on their site or anywhere for that matter, anyway they said cobalt-chromium alloy. Dunno if it's suitable for TC or not but to be honest I've never heard of it, anyone have any ideas..?
    Im finding it difficult to believe that they are making coils out of cobolt cromium alloy. Cobolt cromium alloy is used in alot of medical purposes. Think hip/ knee replacement dental work etc. We all know how expensive that stuff is. Its over 10 the cost of stainless steel and thats for the cheap stuff. I maybe totally wrong and someone else may chime in but for me its very difficult to believe they are using that material.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Danny76; 14-09-17 at 11:04 PM.

emu
    AVF Regular
    It might explain why they sell the coils in packs of 3 for the same price as we pay for 5 of other brands, I still can't work out why they don't make it clear on their website as to what wire they use. They openly state that the Revenger mod does kanthal, Ti, Ni and SS but no mention of Cobalt Chromium so what do you set the mod to for TC..?

AVF Regular
    It might explain why they sell the coils in packs of 3 for the same price as we pay for 5 of other brands, I still can't work out why they don't make it clear on their website as to what wire they use. They openly state that the Revenger mod does kanthal, Ti, Ni and SS but no mention of Cobalt Chromium so what do you set the mod to for TC..?

Just did a little research and found absolutely stuff all on it. Maybe you should email them back and ask if they have a tcr value for it and weather it can be used in tc mode.
    Found this and it looks like the tcr values for both materials as single materials but as a combined alloy nothing. They are maybe similar to titanium.

http://www.nessengr.com/techdata/metalresis.html

Last edited by Danny76; 15-09-17 at 12:08 AM.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Checking out the manual for TCR settings we have Nickle, Titanium, NiFe and SS 303, 304, 316, 317. That's it no mention of the CC at all. I reckon I just got someone who hasn't got a clue.
    Danny76 likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    There is 2 special modes called CCW & CCT Danny, maybe that means Cobalt Chromium Wattage and Cobalt Chromium Temp ?

AVF Regular
    There is 2 special modes called CCW & CCT Danny, maybe that means Cobalt Chromium Wattage and Cobalt Chromium Temp ?

Ahh good to see that thier is something. Do u need a dna board to put those profiles in. I have never seen em on a mod

AVF Regular

That's Custom Curve Wattage and Custom Curve Temp emu. You can vary the way the mod fires with that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast