Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Wick Thread

  1. #11
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Central Victoria
    Posts
    1,118
    I've used cotton bacon, pro cotton, wicked, kendo gold and even the geekvape and coilmaster muji pads. Each one has its place in the different builds I do.
    Last edited by gurishka; 14-09-17 at 10:59 PM.
    trumpy955 likes this.

  2. #12
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Victor Hbr Sth Aust
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    I've used cotton bacon, pro cotton, wicked, kendo gold and even the geekvape and coilmaster muji pads. Each one has its place in the different builds I do.
    Thru the middle of the coil??? El cheapo organic cotton for me
    btobw, Midlife, gurishka and 2 others like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

  3. #13
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Darlinghurst, Sydney
    Posts
    5,139
    I have Muji, Cotton Bacon and Cellucotton Rayon

    In order of best in use, id probably vote:

    1) CelluCotton Rayon (certainly for higher VG mixes, nothing ive used beats this, nothing)
    2) Cotton Bacon
    3) Muji - i have a lifetimes supply sitting in the cupboard, waiting for the day the Rayon and Cotton Bacon run out - jesus am i am prepper now...i hate those nutjobs
    Tara and gurishka like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

    Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

    Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

    Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

  4. #14
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    5,185
    200 and 400 mesh
    RIP 22.12.2016

  5. #15
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Backwater Japan.
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    200 and 400 mesh
    Ok, explain to me how these work. Please?

    I've tried to get them to work, and some of the builds have worked and some have not so some guidance would be very much appreciated so I don't end up chopping up the very nice #250 SUS316 mesh I bought for the purpose for no decent result.

    On the cotton thing, I can fully understand why some of the pads aren't ideal for everyone. They're properly used to remove make up so using them for a different purpose isn't ideal, but seems to work for a lot of folks. If I manage to find an alternative (likely, if I actually bother to look) then I'd use that. No need to make excuses for why the pads don't work for you, they do for me but I'm not convinced they're the best going and would go with an alternative in a second.

    Actually, I need to put in an order so I might see if I can find some better cotton while I do so.

    Stu.

  6. #16
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Central Victoria
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Thru the middle of the coil??? El cheapo organic cotton for me
    Bawahaha.. As usual it had to be you. Depending on the wattage or tank etc i have found each one works well for a particular application. But yes they're all cotton and all go through the middle of a coil.

  7. #17
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Darlinghurst, Sydney
    Posts
    5,139
    Its always mallee
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

    Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

    Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

    Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

  8. #18
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    886
    I use kendo gold and for a while the demon killer cotton. Monty got me on to them but went back to kendo gold. For some reason I find the demon killer very synthetic even though they say its pure cotton. Like Style I have a lifetime supply of the Muji as there's a store in the Sydney CBD. I have been basically giving it away as I just have so much of it. I even use it post packing sometimes for attys I post our to people.


  9. #19
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Ok, explain to me how these work. Please?

    I've tried to get them to work, and some of the builds have worked and some have not so some guidance would be very much appreciated so I don't end up chopping up the very nice #250 SUS316 mesh I bought for the purpose for no decent result.

    On the cotton thing, I can fully understand why some of the pads aren't ideal for everyone. They're properly used to remove make up so using them for a different purpose isn't ideal, but seems to work for a lot of folks. If I manage to find an alternative (likely, if I actually bother to look) then I'd use that. No need to make excuses for why the pads don't work for you, they do for me but I'm not convinced they're the best going and would go with an alternative in a second.

    Actually, I need to put in an order so I might see if I can find some better cotton while I do so.

    Stu.
    I don't use mesh
    Never got on with it, 2mm silica wick or ekowool works better
    RIP 22.12.2016

  10. #20
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South West ( WA )
    Posts
    403
    Cotton Bacon all the way lol. How can you not love bacon ???
    trumpy955 and emu like this.

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 03:13 AM.