Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Wick Thread

AVF Regular
    I've used cotton bacon, pro cotton, wicked, kendo gold and even the geekvape and coilmaster muji pads. Each one has its place in the different builds I do.
    Last edited by gurishka; 14-09-17 at 10:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    I've used cotton bacon, pro cotton, wicked, kendo gold and even the geekvape and coilmaster muji pads. Each one has its place in the different builds I do.
    Thru the middle of the coil??? El cheapo organic cotton for me
    btobw, Midlife, gurishka and 2 others like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    I have Muji, Cotton Bacon and Cellucotton Rayon

In order of best in use, id probably vote:

1) CelluCotton Rayon (certainly for higher VG mixes, nothing ive used beats this, nothing)
    2) Cotton Bacon
    3) Muji - i have a lifetimes supply sitting in the cupboard, waiting for the day the Rayon and Cotton Bacon run out - jesus am i am prepper now...i hate those nutjobs
    Tara and gurishka like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    200 and 400 mesh
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    200 and 400 mesh
    Ok, explain to me how these work. Please?

I've tried to get them to work, and some of the builds have worked and some have not so some guidance would be very much appreciated so I don't end up chopping up the very nice #250 SUS316 mesh I bought for the purpose for no decent result.

On the cotton thing, I can fully understand why some of the pads aren't ideal for everyone. They're properly used to remove make up so using them for a different purpose isn't ideal, but seems to work for a lot of folks. If I manage to find an alternative (likely, if I actually bother to look) then I'd use that. No need to make excuses for why the pads don't work for you, they do for me but I'm not convinced they're the best going and would go with an alternative in a second.

Actually, I need to put in an order so I might see if I can find some better cotton while I do so.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Thru the middle of the coil??? El cheapo organic cotton for me
    Bawahaha.. As usual it had to be you. Depending on the wattage or tank etc i have found each one works well for a particular application. But yes they're all cotton and all go through the middle of a coil.
    mallee00 and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Its always mallee
    gurishka and Seminewvaper75 like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    I use kendo gold and for a while the demon killer cotton. Monty got me on to them but went back to kendo gold. For some reason I find the demon killer very synthetic even though they say its pure cotton. Like Style I have a lifetime supply of the Muji as there's a store in the Sydney CBD. I have been basically giving it away as I just have so much of it. I even use it post packing sometimes for attys I post our to people.
    stylemessiah and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Ok, explain to me how these work. Please?

I've tried to get them to work, and some of the builds have worked and some have not so some guidance would be very much appreciated so I don't end up chopping up the very nice #250 SUS316 mesh I bought for the purpose for no decent result.

On the cotton thing, I can fully understand why some of the pads aren't ideal for everyone. They're properly used to remove make up so using them for a different purpose isn't ideal, but seems to work for a lot of folks. If I manage to find an alternative (likely, if I actually bother to look) then I'd use that. No need to make excuses for why the pads don't work for you, they do for me but I'm not convinced they're the best going and would go with an alternative in a second.

Actually, I need to put in an order so I might see if I can find some better cotton while I do so.

Stu.
    I don't use mesh
    Never got on with it, 2mm silica wick or ekowool works better
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Cotton Bacon all the way lol. How can you not love bacon ???
    emu likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast