Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wick Thread

AVF Regular
    Used to be a huge fan of cotton bacon v2, great flavour but sometimes a pain to use getting the right thickness, bought 10 packs but still have 3 for special occasions. Recently bought a 180 sheet bag of muji cotton pads on eBay for $10 should last a lifetime. Ko gen do is about the same but much more expensive. Tried kendo gold and doesn't wick for s**t even using 50/50 juices.
    For me bacon v2 for flavour chasing and muji for value

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    1) CelluCotton Rayon (certainly for higher VG mixes, nothing ive used beats this, nothing)
    ah.. its the high VG in cold vic that needs some extra help in making the sirens sing ! ... so where oh where did ya get it without having to buy 450 metres of the stuff... or if ya did buy a huge amount - wanna sell off some lol !!!
    Crisscross likes this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by act180 View Post
    I really love 'Wicked' by Grumpy Vapes. $10 for a pack and it's the easiest stuff I've worked with, tastes like nothing, it's good stuff.
    I used to use cotton bacon, then gave Wicked a go. I think it's brilliant. You just need to get over the fact that it doesn't look fluffy lol
    DocM, act180 and gurishka like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    ah.. its the high VG in cold vic that needs some extra help in making the sirens sing ! ... so where oh where did ya get it without having to buy 450 metres of the stuff... or if ya did buy a huge amount - wanna sell off some lol !!!
    Lynne I have a box full. I can't post today but I can send you a few metres on Monday.
    giruvian, gtadmin, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    oh that would be wonderful XX - I have been wanting to try it for ages... thank you thank you thank you !
    gtadmin, Crisscross and DocM like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    I liked Cotton Bacon V2 so much I have several unused pucks of Native Wicks just sitting there.
    DocM and gurishka like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Seems like cotton bacon is having a massive win in this thread. Is it really that good? I guess I'm compelled to try it out for myself even if it is more expensive!
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've never tried native wicks Cams. What did you think of it? Some people swear by it.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I got mine from vapersphere, though theyre out of stock and i dont expect it will be back anytime soon as its been OOS for a while now, i got just about the last lot

https://www.vapersphere.com.au/shop/...lucotton-wick/

The Goddess of Gloop offered me some a couple of times but im useless at taking things offered, and i stumbled across the above 6 months later

Lol, the one reason im looking forward to Amazon coming here is for the hope i can buy an entire box at less than a millionty $

Sorry i didnt see this until now or otherwise id have offered you some, but the damn nicest woman in vaping beat me to it...

As the Goddess instructed me, when using rayon, you'll want to reverse toot (blow through the driptip - gently) for like the first dozen toots to get rid of the rayon taste, but once it settles in you wont notice it.

I tend to get it very snug through the coil and then thin out the tail (holding the opposite tail so im not pulling fibre out all the way through the entire length and thinning the bulk through the centre), ou cant get the tails quite thin and it will wick like nobodys business into the bulk in the coil. Depends on tanks, the Goddess might clarify (ill defer to her experience) as she has used it longer and in different gear than i use, which is DTL tanks. The thinned way definitely works best for me in the Serpent SMM which you are aware is a GTA style tank...i have my wicks thinned but still bulky enough to fill the juice/deck holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Lynne I have a box full. I can't post today but I can send you a few metres on Monday.
    Trust you to be nice, as is your norm, on most people i find it unbecoming....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 15-09-17 at 03:33 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    we were pretty fortunate I found it on Ebay australia for $28-32 a box and a group of us bought a box each. I then inherited one that someone didn't want so I have enough wick to last to the turn of the century.
    disley and DocM like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast