Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Geekvape Tsunami Mech kit?

AVF Regular

Geekvape Tsunami Mech kit?

Heya all,
    having recently not only fell off the vape train and something reminiscent of the scene in the cartoon "Robin Hood Daffy" https://tinyurl.com/yaatk38v - yoiks and away trying to get back on aforementioned vaping.
    Problems with finding coils, relearning rdas, and finding a juice to keep me occupied,
    I succumbed to the mech curiosty and ordered a gv tsunami mech kit, Ive heard mechs are great for flavour cloud etc, which should keep my little brain fascinated and complete part 2 of getting back off the sticks again (I did go 6 mths until matters at work/life stretched me way too thin)
    My question is, obviously I need to ensure safety using correct coils, I like the (I think it was aliens) alien coils the smok skyhook modkit I have (somewhere) if anyone has this tsumani kit or similar what coils would you recommend?
    Now when I ask this question of B&M shops I'm asked, what ohmage you after? Ive no idea! The skyhook was running dual aliens at .26 and I'm trying to simplify my stupidly large collection of mods and tanks etc, to about 2-3 (yeah you can all stop laughing now, I have about 7 mods and prob twice as many tanks )
    Any advice before I order coil would be really appreciated,

thanks for reading and no you don't get the last 22 seconds of your life back
    thanks
    Sully
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

emu
    AVF Regular
    I'm using dual Juggernauts SS316L 0.4 each (Geek Vape) in my Vgod Tricktank Pro RDTA sitting on the Vgod mech, 0.20 gives me awesome flavor with thick bubbly clouds using a single chocolate if that helps Sully. It's the best tasting setup out of everything I own and reserved for those relaxing moments enjoying an iced coffee in a quiet spot. My Rolls Royce Vape
    gurishka and Sully like this.

AVF Regular
    thanks Emu, is there a great difference in using say these juggernauts compared to aliens kanthals claptons? I was considering buying one of those multipacks of various coil types and for safety using it in the regulated mod with a rda as opposed having to be sure I'm safe with the mech, I'm guessing theres a buttload of each to their own preference wise, and yep I am trying to reread relearn a lot of stuff here, most of which Ive forgotten :/
    Last edited by Sully; 17-09-17 at 12:21 PM. Reason: i cant spell today
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    What batteries are you going to be running in the mech Sully? It's so i can gauge what pulse rating and safety margin you have for coils..

Juggernauts are usually dual parallel clapton wires with a ribbon wrap over the top (spaced).

Alien coils have three core wires (sometimes) and then the wrap wire (much like a fused clapton). Less thermal mass.
    Last edited by gurishka; 17-09-17 at 12:13 PM.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ill have to check but off the top of my head VTC4's

nup I had to check previous orders I have these
    Samsung 25R // 18650 2500mAh 20A - Single 25r
    Last edited by Sully; 17-09-17 at 12:14 PM.

AVF Regular
    25r are rated for 20amp cdr and the vtc4 are rated for 23amp cdr. That being said, a safe build would be 0.3ish ohms. But no mech is particularly safe. Just remember not to chain vape on it and let the battery rest for 30 seconds after each draw. Just because a few people run their batteries at lower ohms and they've not blown up, doesn't mean they won't. It's an increased risk due to the increasing resistance in the battery when firing it. Sorry if that sounded like scare mongering. I'd rather have an avf member have all their teeth and face than another article for the media to use negatively against vaping.
    emu and Sully like this.

AVF Regular
    nah its all good I appreciate it, yeah I wouldn't mind keeping my teeth too, I have enough trouble at my age keeping my hair!
    yep Ive read a lot about if it gets warm, put it down!
    dug out the juice box, going to try get my head back into making some juice wasted too much on juices that don't deliver, I keep going back to am panna and mad hatter but at $24 a bottle, although cheaper then sticks, and my inability to get to stores so adding in postages, no wonder I said screw it, failed and got sticks again, ugh!
    I did manage to find my skyhook cleaned and checked and trying a 3mth old suicide bunny mix I made, now to read up on how long nic juice lasts !
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hope you're ok mate. Give it a go if that's what piques you're interest. Go 26 gauge plain wire dual coil and see how it hits. Because you're soley relying upon the battery to fire the coils and not a dc to dc regulator, you want lightweight coils (i feel). Though, as emu pointed out, running complex wire is fine too.. :-)
    Last edited by gurishka; 17-09-17 at 02:52 PM.
    Sully likes this.

AVF Regular
    just so i can publicly show my dumbness kanthal claptons aliens?

AVF Regular
    ok so I finally wired up the tsunami and on the cuboid reg mod its reading .20 ohms same on the little doodat that I build on (ohm meter whatsitcalled) It was suggested to be in the .2 to .4 range for this mech,
    this sound ok?, I'm running aliens 3x28G/36G Ni80 @.3Ohms x 2
    have batteries charged and ready to go for first toot!
    I'm on leave atm and I cant brain really well today!
    gurishka likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast