AVF Regular

e-pipe conversion to a 510 connection?

Hi. After checking out HeavenGifts e-pipe post the other day, I remembered I had an e-pipe from a while back that I stopped using because I found the tank a bit inconvenient to fill as it was hidden within the device and was all metal so I couldn't see my liquid levels.
    Watch at 3.00 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaK_0escyk
    I was wondering if anyone on the forum could convert it with a 510 connection and then i'd put my own tank on it. (Name your Price!)
    I don't know if the pipe's 3cm recessed design would make this possible but thought I'd ask.
    I've put a message on the E-pipe forum, but was looking for someone in Oz that might be interested.
    There are epipe kits on FT etc. but the traditional styled ones have fake wood and my one is made of real wood.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    Hi. After checking out HeavenGifts e-pipe post the other day, I remembered I had an e-pipe from a while back that I stopped using because I found the tank a bit inconvenient to fill as it was hidden within the device and was all metal so I couldn't see my liquid levels.
    Watch at 3.00 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaK_0escyk
    I was wondering if anyone on the forum could convert it with a 510 connection and then i'd put my own tank on it. (Name your Price!)
    I don't know if the pipe's 3cm recessed design would make this possible but thought I'd ask.
    I've put a message on the E-pipe forum, but was looking for someone in Oz that might be interested.
    There are epipe kits on FT etc. but the traditional styled ones have fake wood and my one is made of real wood.
    Is the connection for the cartomizer/atomizer 510. If so i have some longer 510/510 connections that were for a gripper that might work to lift your connection up high enough for a tank. I would probably have some bits a pieces that you could custom. To do it properly you could rewire a 510 up to the top.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I was just going to say make a carto conversion 510 adapter maybe? Might be the easiest way?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Is the connection for the cartomizer/atomizer 510. If so i have some longer 510/510 connections that were for a gripper that might work to lift your connection up high enough for a tank. I would probably have some bits a pieces that you could custom. To do it properly you could rewire a 510 up to the top.
    Thanks XX. I tried to connect the pipe's tank to the to my mod's 510 connection and it doesn't fit. Thanks for your offer of the longer 510 connections. I'm not sure I'll take up your offer just yet as I am completely illiterate in this kind of tinkering and matters of the rewiring kind (apart from my shonky coilbuilding lol). I think the whole recessed area where the tank fits would have to be yanked out and then if possible, refitted with the 510.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    I was just going to say make a carto conversion 510 adapter maybe? Might be the easiest way?
    Hi Gurishka. Thanks. I'll look into that, although I think I'd prefer a small tank set up. (I haven't been near a cartomiser for a really long time..)
    I know this is the wrong thread, but I'm really sorry to hear about your cat's illness.

AVF Regular
    The carto screws into the current threads, so at the other end get someone to whack a 510 or not... the tolerances might not be right (probably guaranteed due to the size of the carto).

Thanks for the sympathy mate.. it's chewing me up inside really.

AVF Regular
    The other thing might be to see if anyone has an old epipe with the right connections hanging around and switch the components into your pipe. they look a simple enough device, have you tried to dismantle.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Thanks XX and G for your input. I think I still might need a handyman/woman to do a bit of tinkering on the actual pipe because I wonder if soldering or more handywork skill might be involved.