Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Time to Squonk?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    wtg mr mallee, sir ! see how nice you can be lol !
    A moment of weakness, that would be the gear you posted to the wrong address, you plonker. I got my mojo back. LOL
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    I see my next pifs going to another state... its a vision that just occurred to me lol !

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I see my next pifs going to another state... its a vision that just occurred to me lol !
    The way you address things it will end up here anyway.
    giruvian and Sully like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Rocky it seems the fire button on the left VT is upside down. Did you rotate it or did it come like that?
    One is for ascending, t'other is for descending.

It turned up like that Rod. Had me bothered for a full half-second, before I got over it and got on with life. If I ever have to tinker with the board I may flip it........ No, probably not.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    DogMan and rodbam like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi folks and thanks for all the responses. I was rather hoping to generate a resource for any wannabe squonkers that didnít involve wading through all 300 odd pages of the ĎAll things that Squonkí thread. Iím half way through and exhausted. I also thought it important to collect advice for anyone new to squonking Ė you guys get can get awfully detailed in that thread.

Thanks for the feedback 1ynne Ė you didnít have to tell me about XXís panels and you certainly didnít have to mention your love of Sirens. Iíve had one for some time now but for the life of me I canít see how to get it to work on the VT inbox! I did wonder about the Hadaly being suitable for my purposes as it might be too airy but remember, Iím not looking for a dedicated MTL, my preference is for a loose MTL - restricted DL and I have been given the impression that it can be closed down far enough for this.

I did look at the Pulse but Iím not very keen on post-less decks Ė been put off by always getting leaks, either through the AF or the 510, on the Rose v3 (and I think one other Ė was it the bachelor?). I quite happily used the Rose v2 for more than two years and never had a problem with what some thought to be the awkward build but the Rose v3 still gives me problems and I think itís because of juice seeping down the positive coil hole.

Iím obviously going to have to look at the Haku again, youíre the second person to mention this one Ė and a new one I havenít heard about, the rather mysteriously named V2 O-atty. Got to look at that one just to see what the name is all about.

So, rockmoose, the hadaly can be prone to over-squonking, thanks for the tip, Iíll be cautious. And you are so right, all atties take some time to get accustomed to. Iíve had quite a few that on first impressions seemed awful (mainly because they pissed juice out of one orifice or the other) and were chucked into the Ďnever againí drawer only to be resurrected a few months later, carefully studied with an air of ĎIím not going to let you beat meí until they performed and I thought they were wonderful.

Not so the bloody Rose v3 Ė Iím currently on my third resurrection and I thought Iíd got it but the tissue tells another story. But I digress Ö

I did look at Le Concorde 1ynne but somehow it didnít register. I think I can tell by the design of an atty whether it will be suitable and work well for me and this one didnít strike me as such. Iíll have another look at this one too.

I almost feel like a new vaper again Ė a whole heap of new things to comes to terms with and challenges to be met. I do rather enjoy the tinkering bit.

Well, maybe not with the Rose v3
    "We are none of us infallible--not even the youngest of us."
    W.H. Thompson

AVF Regular
    Reckon you are ahead of me on the journey to squonk.
    I have a Haku coming my way, perhaps Friday or early next week. It is something that ticked my boxes being single coil, BF and reasonable air flow but not massive. Comments on the Haku group show they run well with the AFC closed down.

I don't have a mod or even ordered one. As I DL and around 65 watts (also prefer TC SS) I feel that most single 18650 mods would just run out of life far too early and I will be swapping batts like crazy. Leaning towards a Capo squonk (20700 21700 compatible) but they are not available yet. Also Sigelie have a TC squonker coming with the same battery options but it's only 5 or 6 mls of juice, which isn't too bad and I do prefer it's design.

I liked the inbox but wasn't sure about the bottle design and wobbly doors and of course single 18650.

Ho hum, guess I will have a ripper RDA for dripping for a bit.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    I have a Haku coming my way, perhaps Friday or early next week. It is something that ticked my boxes being single coil, BF and reasonable air flow but not massive. Comments on the Haku group show they run well with the AFC closed down.

I don't have a mod or even ordered one. As I DL and around 65 watts (also prefer TC SS) I feel that most single 18650 mods would just run out of life far too early and I will be swapping batts like crazy. Leaning towards a Capo squonk (20700 21700 compatible) but they are not available yet. Also Sigelie have a TC squonker coming with the same battery options but it's only 5 or 6 mls of juice, which isn't too bad and I do prefer it's design.

I liked the inbox but wasn't sure about the bottle design and wobbly doors and of course single 18650.

Dibs if you sell

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post

Yeh, we're looking for different mods Cams - I did once try 50 watts and I emphasis the 'once'. Every now and then I go wild with a roll of clapton wire I bought ages ago. It sits there until I've had enough time to forget what it was like the last time I used it, and somehow get all excited about trying it out again. It usually doesn't last long.

I have seen the Sigelei - called, what else, the Fuchai Squonk 213, which has as much hope of reaching 213 watts as the original. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to forgive Sigelei for their atrocious behaviour with the first 213. Besides this one looks odd - far too high and narrow for my liking.

I'm wary of the doors on the Inbox but I've figured that it is still the best alternative out there unless you want to spend an awful lot more, especially for a DNA75. I hadn't heard about any issues with the bottle design - in fact so far all I've heard is that it works well. I have read that there are better bottles than the original and I'm intending to revisit the thread that mentions an alternative some time soon. Was it some from SJMY?
    "We are none of us infallible--not even the youngest of us."
    W.H. Thompson

AVF Regular
    1 squonk atty you should look at is the Flave by Alliancetech. It's been excellent for me
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

AVF Regular
    My favourite rda hands down is the snapdragon sounds like the type of rda you would like . Also looking at the hellfire sentinel , looks great.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Cat likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast