AVF Regular

Best wick for NETs?

Hi. For those that vape NETs do you have any wick preference that works well for NETs and doesn't guck the coils too much? When I vape fruits, candies even desserts I use Muji which gets the job done pretty well. But when I vape NETs even the clearer ones, coils gunk up really fast. With NETs I tend to not go much higher than 20W but the low wattage doesn't make much difference. I was thinking of trying Cellucotton just for NETs. what do you think?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    Hi. For those that vape NETs do you have any wick preference that works well for NETs and doesn't guck the coils too much? When I vape fruits, candies even desserts I use Muji which gets the job done pretty well. But when I vape NETs even the clearer ones, coils gunk up really fast. With NETs I tend to not go much higher than 20W but the low wattage doesn't make much difference. I was thinking of trying Cellucotton just for NETs. what do you think?
    Yes, with Rayon I get zero backwash into the tank. It just doesn't seem to happen to me any more. It doesn't stop the coils themselves getting crusty though. The key to that seems to be keeping the coils very wet so that it never runs even slightly hot. In that regard I find Rayon better because it wicks really well, but just like different cottons, not all Rayon is made equal in this regard either.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I'd agree with fab on that one but if you want to use cotton the cotton bacon is made for the job, there is no cure except for don't use net's lol.

AVF Regular
    Agree that coils more than wicks will crud up. Temp control can help. Titanium lasts months.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice all. I tried bringing the wattage down to about 13 trying not to over heat coils but still didn't take more than about 10 drags to start feeling a bit burnt. I'd vape synthetic tobaccos but I just don't like them. Might explore nichrome.