• 2 Post By Schtoo
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By stylemessiah
  • 6 Post By rodbam

Thread: Battery replacement time!!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Battery replacement time!!

Hey guys, casual lurker here. It's about time i replace my current (samsung 25r and 30Q) batteries for new ones . Looking for some dual batteries that i can use in a hugo boxer v2 and a rx2/3 (or 3 cell)

I will be purchasing my batteries from supersport600 as i've have good service with the fella.

Thanks for any recommendations or advice

emu
    AVF Regular
    LG's HG2's are all I use these days, 50 watt's all day and I vape a fair bit. Those batts (chocolates) serve me well, I also use Supersports600 and always happy with the service and authenticity.
    Someone else will probably have different ideas but that's my 2 cents. Good luck mate
    rodbam and Sublime like this.

AVF Regular
    30q are still good.

The sony vtc6 perform slightly better when brand new, but over weeks and months the 30q has more longevity, so a 3 month old 30q will out perform a 3 month old vtc6.

Both outdo the lg browns in both respects.

So not much has changed in recent times with 18650s
    fridgemagnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I've got VTC5 and VTC5a, and if I knew then what I know now, I would have got all VTC5a. Seem to be holding up better, even after getting a lot more and harder use.

Never used anything else, no plans to do so either.

Stu.
    DogMan and fridgemagnet like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pancake186 View Post
    Hey guys, casual lurker here. It's about time i replace my current (samsung 25r and 30Q) batteries for new ones . Looking for some dual batteries that i can use in a hugo boxer v2 and a rx2/3 (or 3 cell)

I will be purchasing my batteries from supersport600 as i've have good service with the fella.

Thanks for any recommendations or advice
    Stay with the Samsung 30Q. It's a large capacity 15 amp battery that Mooch says can handle 20 amps.

If you are running super low ohms and very high watts then the Sony VTC 5A would be the go. Mooch rates that one at 25 amps constant current.

For me, the 30Q's are the best. Do the numbers and work out how many amps your batteries have to supply for how you vape, then decide. The trade-off with extra high current batteries is less capacity. Typically though, you'd need to be running very high wattages indeed on multi cell mods.
    DogMan and fridgemagnet like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I only vape under 12w with from 1.3ohm to 1.8ohm coils what highish MaH batteries would suit me? I have a couple of 3000Mah mnke batteries but they don't seem to last any longer than my 2500 Mah batteries.
    Hope it's OK posting in this thread
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I only vape under 12w with from 1.3ohm to 1.8ohm coils what highish MaH batteries would suit me? I have a couple of 3000Mah mnke batteries but they don't seem to last any longer than my 2500 Mah batteries.
    Hope it's OK posting in this thread
    Definitely the 30Q's. The 3000 mAh is real, and at the power you use themyou will get all of it too. As a bonus, since you will never be heating the batteries up even slightly, then should last a lot of years.

30Q's are good because the internal resistance is very low, so they don't get warm when you are using them. This adds up to the things above - good capacity, not much voltage sag, long lifetime (more cycles) if you use them modestly.

It's also a very safe chemistry. While people have managed to get them to vent by shorting them, it seems to be a fairly laid back event... No explosions or flame. (NB I'm not recommending anyone short their batteries to find out. Not only would it be a waste of a good battery, "safer" doesn't actually mean completely harmless under all circumstances. It's just harder to get them to go "VOOM" (in the monty python parrot sense))
    rodbam and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Mooch just done a report on the best batteries, looks like the LG HG2 come in as the winner as of 1st October 2017

Best 18650 Batteries for Vaping

By
    Mooch -

October 1, 2015

Winners Up To 20A = LG HG2 3000mAh and Samsung 25R 2500mAh

Winners 20A-30A = Sony VTC4 2100mAh and LG HD2 2000mAh

Winner 30A and higher = LG HB6 1500mAh

The Top Five 18650 Vape Batteries

AVF Regular
    Sorry, but having both 30Q's and the LG's, i can tell you that the LG's sag something fierce towards the lower end of their capacity, and im only using them on temp control.
    I can vape the 30Q's dry with no sag at all...they go right to the line

I only use the LG's when ive forgotten to charge the 30Q's

See this post from moi from earlier in the year: Which battery lasts longer...Sony VTC6, Samsung 30Q or LG HG2?
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 21-10-17 at 11:54 PM.
    DogMan, rodbam and DocM like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Thanks Fab & Style it looks like the Samsung 30Q is the way to go. At our age me & the missus have enough sagging going on without buying a LG battery that also sags:-)
    Regards
    Rod