• 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By DogMan
  • 3 Post By rodbam
  • 2 Post By rodbam

Thread: VT Inbox battery hog

AVF Regular

VT Inbox battery hog

All my batteries are over 2 years old & I'm wondering if they are not performing very well or my VT Inbox is using up my batteries at a faster rate than it should. Yesterday I installed a fully charged battery & a full juice bottle.
    By the time my second battery was empty I needed to refill the bottle again. So my VT Inbox is using 2 full batteries per 1 bottle of juice.
    I'm vaping a SS 1ohm coil at 12W in temp control at 410F.
    Does this sound about average or should I invest in some new batteries. I mainly use Efest purple about 2500MaH they are 20amp & the other is 25 or 30amp. I use other 10amp batteries as well.
    emu likes this.
    Regards
    Rod

emu
    AVF Regular
    I'm getting 2 x 8 ml bottles to one battery rod, that's using the 3000mah HG2 chocolate. You were going to get some 30 Q's the other day so they should be a lot better and last longer than the efest ones I would think.

I should add my squonker is unregulated so that would make it hard to compare to the VT
    Last edited by emu; 02-11-17 at 01:24 PM.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Have you set the battery profile on escribe rod. It maybe showing flat although its not. I had this problem when i first got my drone squonker.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    All my batteries are over 2 years old & I'm wondering if they are not performing very well or my VT Inbox is using up my batteries at a faster rate than it should. Yesterday I installed a fully charged battery & a full juice bottle.
    By the time my second battery was empty I needed to refill the bottle again. So my VT Inbox is using 2 full batteries per 1 bottle of juice.
    I'm vaping a SS 1ohm coil at 12W in temp control at 410F.
    Does this sound about average or should I invest in some new batteries. I mainly use Efest purple about 2500MaH they are 20amp & the other is 25 or 30amp. I use other 10amp batteries as well.
    It doesn't sound quite right, but it's hard to say if it's the batteries or the mod unless you swap things out.

That's why I like having an analysing battery charger. It tells me exactly how much power was put into the battery to charge it. When that drops off, I know that the amount of power I will get out of it will be proportionally less as well and it indicates an aging battery nearing replacement.

I will say though, in my experience such light use of batteries (12 watts) impacts very little on their health, so I'd expect those batteries to still be quite good, no more than a few percent down from factory new. The caveat here is the rest of the story of how you treat them. Always flattening them to 3.2 volts, and extended periods in the flattened state may actually cause some degradation over a two year period. You can drastically increase the life cycles you get out of a battery by only flattening it to 3.4 volts before charging, and doing it as soon as possible.

I still have 4+ year old Efest button tops cycling through an LED torch. Their capacity is still at least 93% but I don't know how much longer they will go for. Maybe a few more years...
    rodbam likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks all. I hope someone with a VT Inbox will let me know how many batteries they use per one full bottle of juice then I will know for sure. I haven't set any battery profiles Danny I will have a play with that. I put some batteries into my Mech mod & put them on my ohm tester after I recharged them & they were just over 4.1 so I think that's OK a. I will order some Samsung 30q & see how they go now I have upped my watts to 12W:-)
    emu likes this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    are you running recent firmware?

i was getting a bottle to a 30q give or take when i had mine

how many mls do your efests last in other mods? efest have a generally bad reputation

the dna75 and battery life phenomena is well documented. It's not a "bug", more a safety feature involving real time sampling of battery sag. But newer firmware variants did lessen it some
    rodbam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Thanks Doggy I'm not sure but I thought escribe updated it automatically when I first plugged it in but I will connect it again & see if I can update it. I have ordered 4 x 30Qs from Supersports so sometime next week I can try them out.
    giruvian, DogMan and Danny76 like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Good news for me because with my new Samsung 30Qs the one battery lasts for the whole bottle of juice or very near enough.
    DogMan and emu like this.
    Regards
    Rod