• 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By act180
  • 4 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By gurishka
  • 1 Post By rodbam

Thread: VT Inbox stripdown.

AVF Regular

VT Inbox stripdown.

I hope not but I think there may be some ejuice in the electrics because the tint on the screen is disappearing gradually from one side & when the screen is on I can see bright & dull parts in the illumination.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You can see on the top of screen the tint going.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Here you can see the bright & tinted readout as though the tint is being eaten away.

Does anyone know of any videos to show how to remove the board etc so I can clean the inside of the window screen? I have done a Google search but I haven't found anything yet.
    There's 4 screws holding the the plastic in place but it looks like it might be a problem getting it out so any help will be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Well I'll be buggered, I googled searched yesterday & came up with nothing. Well not quite nothing because using the words Inbox & stripdown led me to some very interesting places:-) Anyhow I just Googled after posting the above & came across this at GeeKay vape reviews where he takes one semi apart to clean out the squonk tube. This is possibly all I need to get at the screen & maybe clean the board etc. http://www.geekayvapes.com/cleaning-hcigar-vt-inbox/
    Still if anyone knows of a video that would be perfect for a dummy like me.
    Last edited by rodbam; 10-11-17 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added linky
    DogMan and AllyP like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Well I'll be buggered, I googled searched yesterday & came up with nothing. Well not quite nothing because using the words Inbox & stripdown led me to some very interesting places:-) Anyhow I just Googled after posting the above & came across this at GeeKay vape reviews where he takes one semi apart to clean out the squonk tube. This is possibly all I need to get at the screen & maybe clean the board etc. http://www.geekayvapes.com/cleaning-hcigar-vt-inbox/
    Still if anyone knows of a video that would be perfect for a dummy like me.
    Found this for you rod not a vid but step by step with photos.
    Look up vt inbox dissembley and this is how i found this asap.

http://www.geekayvapes.com/cleaning-hcigar-vt-inbox/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sry rod that's the link u put up

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for trying Danny:-)
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Thanks for trying Danny:-)
    using those photos you can go old school.
    pop the 4 screws in the corners to lift the tray then pour some uncooked rice in covering the guts and leave it to sit for a few days.

its not fancy or quick but it will get the job done
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    My VT inbox developed a leak and I decided to just remove all screws and see if I could get it apart enough to clean inside, I only just did this yesterday actually. I had juice pooling at the base of the mod but it was coming from above where the board is, not the bottle or tube. But luckily the board itself seemed dry, there was liquid all through where the board is though.

I didn't take pictures, but it wasn't difficult. Just be careful not to force anything. 4 screws for the board compartment and 2 for the 510. Undo them all. Then you wiggle the battery part straight out but because the 510 is connected this won't seem possible. Lift out the 510, but this is connected to wires so will only come out so far. You'll see the bottom metal tube of the 510 has two small O rings and this is what connects 510 to the bottle through the tube. I reckon that's where the leak is in mine but I just wiped things out in there because I couldn't think of a better solution with what I had.

With the 510 mostly out, the battery and board compartment slides out fairly easily but again it only goes so far because of wires connected. I just wiped as much liquid as I could and was able to access almost everywhere, then put it all back together. I expect this will happen again and again so I don't use the mod much anymore.

Hope that helps, I know you're keen on seeing a video, but honestly once you remove the screws and see how the bits move, there's only one way it can be taken apart.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Hoof & Act:-) I ended up doing what Act said & after a few scary moments the plastic tray did rise up, whew. Like Act said the wires from the 510 stops you getting that end of the tray far but being able to raise the tray from the bottom I was able to clean the protective screen & the DNA screen. There was no juice on the board but the screen was wet & I was wondering if it might have been some of the silicon spray I used to make the fire button smoother.
    The DNA screen still had a removable protective cover on it so I removed that & used Isopropyl alcohol to clean the screen & used some cotton tips in alcohol to scrub the the tint off the VT window plastic.
    The screen look fantastic & bright now. Thanks everyone for your help & to Act for the great instructions.
    act180, gurishka, Danny76 and 1 others like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Hey Rod, I was just going to say that it's not too hard to get in to the mod itself. Just be uber careful doing so. The ribbon connector is fragile. Isopropyl is your friend for the most part with things like that. Just be sure it's fully dry.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Hey Rod, I was just going to say that it's not too hard to get in to the mod itself. Just be uber careful doing so. The ribbon connector is fragile. Isopropyl is your friend for the most part with things like that. Just be sure it's fully dry.
    Thanks Guriska I'm glad I did it before you told me about the ribbon cable as I did a lot of lifting & cleaning around the dna screen & would have been too scared if I had known:-)
    gurishka likes this.
    Regards
    Rod