Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fast battery drain - pico 25 Ello tank ? How long should i be getting?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    How long this been happening ?
    About a month. Pico is about 6 weeks old. I think it was better in the beggining...i think...
    emu likes this.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    How long does it charge for? If you really are charging at 2 amps, then batteries in good condition should take about 75 minutes for the 2500mAh and just over 90 minutes for the 3000mAh. Much less than that and it would indicate faulty batteries.
    Also check the battery voltages. Flat should be 3.2V and fully charged should be very close to 4.2V (4.25 MAX when charging stops, and ~4.15 after resting).
    I'd say it takes just about those times you listed there.

Volts measured are 4.06 after fully charging in mod off car USB point.
    emu likes this.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I wouldn't trust the charging system on the mod
    Sure, but while living in a van with 12v power, how else to charge...?
    As i said in OP, running a 240v 'proper' charger might be the way, but it seems inefficient..
    emu likes this.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy smoke! View Post
    Sure, but while living in a van with 12v power, how else to charge...?
    As i said in OP, running a 240v 'proper' charger might be the way, but it seems inefficient..
    Their should also be a on-board voltage check for ur batteries. The original pico definitely had one. From what i remember its turn the mod off hold fire button for 10 secs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Their should also be a on-board voltage check for ur batteries. The original pico definitely had one. From what i remember its turn the mod off hold fire button for 10 secs.

Its actually the down button and fire button together while mod is off will give you the battery voltage. If u get a sec u can watch this vid.
    Around the 11min mark shows you how to do it. He says up but hits the down.

https://youtu.be/CnQMQQjdUL8

Holy smoke! and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    About a month. Pico is about 6 weeks old. I think it was better in the beggining...i think...
    I'd be looking at a 2 battery mod if you want longer run times, I have a couple of eleaf iKonns which are great and only about 50 bucks. I run one at 90 watts the other 60 watts and swap the batts once a day, I use 20 batts in rotation and a few 240 volt chargers which makes an endless power supply without worrying about it. Single batt mods have there place but as you have found out they require lots of swapping just to keep up with moderate vaping. If you don't want the hassle of batts and chargers and rotating etc then maybe look at a 5000 mah built in batt mod or even better get 2 so you can use one while the other is charging.
    Good luck with everything HS, I hope you get it all sorted mate.
    Holy smoke! and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Tried that. Not on the Pico 25 it seems.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    I have a new USB outlet ordered for the van which claims 3amps, fast charge. I'll see what happens with that one. If its no good i might have to bite the bullet and get an external charger and run through the van 240v inverter.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    Tried that. Not on the Pico 25 it seems.
    The reveiw is on the pico 25 so it definitely works. It is mod off down and fire for 5 to ten secs

Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    If this is your only mod it's a bit hard, but you could leave a charged battery in the mod turned on, and see if the current drain is more than what it should be. If it gives a noticable current drain over time, it would be indicating a problem with the mod. (Edit: maybe try this overnight)

If you're looking for an external charger that works off 12V, The Soshine SC-S7 is quite a good analysing charger, so it tell you how much power was put into the battery to charge it. Very helpful for checking the health of your batteries.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1203300
    Holy smoke! likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast