Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fast battery drain - pico 25 Ello tank ? How long should i be getting?

AVF Regular

Fast battery drain - pico 25 Ello tank ? How long should i be getting?

I'm lucky to vape 1ml of juice at 45w 3.5v before getting 'weak battery' alert on my 2 month old Pico 25 Ello tank HW2 0.3ohm coil and the volts drop.
    Fully charged in the morning, i vape normally for about 2hours, (i guess moderate, a few puffs every 20mins or so..) and its gone, needs charge again.

Is this normal?

Batteries used are 1year old Samsung INR18650 25R 2500mAh
    And new LG HG2 18650 3000mAh Li-ion

I'm charging through the mod allways, in the car from a 2amp USB outlet (travelling in motorhome, so thats all I've got - unless i use an external charger hooked to 240v/12v inverter, but thats a bit of a hassle)
    I recently charged through a usb wall plug through mod on 240v house outlet and it did not make much difference.

I'm wondering if i've killed the batteries charging this way, if others are getting much longer off their batteries in same or similar mods?..

TIA lovely people.
    steve.c likes this.
    Nicotine is nothing.

AVF Regular
    Sound like the battery's on the way out mate.

AVF Regular
    But they are new?
    (all batteries bought off ebay, maybe fakes? I dont think so though. And the Samsungs used to last much longer...)
    Nicotine is nothing.

emu
    AVF Regular
    How long this been happening ?
    Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    How long does it charge for? If you really are charging at 2 amps, then batteries in good condition should take about 75 minutes for the 2500mAh and just over 90 minutes for the 3000mAh. Much less than that and it would indicate faulty batteries.

If the batteries appear to be taking a normal charge then it would appear that the mod is faulty and is draining the batteries.

Also check the battery voltages. Flat should be 3.2V and fully charged should be very close to 4.2V (4.25 MAX when charging stops, and ~4.15 after resting).
    Holy smoke! and Danny76 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Hmm...

My own 2 original batteries are 2 days shy of exactly one year old. Both used almost constantly since I got them in a Pico and a few other mods.

Currently my Pico is running a 0.3ohm coil at 41W, so about as similar to your set up as possible.

I've never really thought about how 'short' the battery life is, and it doesn't seem to have degraded much since they were new. I get a 4ml tank and change from each battery, or thereabouts. Maybe even 2 tanks worth. Putting 2000mah into each battery on recharge, so it's not fully draining the cells each time. In short, I'm not even remotely concerned about battery life although I always swap in a new battery and fill the tank before I leave the house.

The difference is I'm using Sony VTC5a cells and I'm almost always charging on a 'proper' charger.

I'll take note of how long I get from each battery and see what the actual life 'should' be in a well bedded in set up, but I think your batteries are kaput.

Ooooorrr...

The charging circuit in the mod is not doing it's job right. Might be time to put arctic fox on it and see what the charger is actually doing?

Stu.
    Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    It maybe ur inboard is not getting it up to the 4.2v its supposed to.
    Of as others have said ur batteries are buggered or fakes.

My mate beside me has one with a lg chocolate in thier using the same coil and tank and gets over a day out of it.

Could also be dropping voltage from a leak somewhere. Try charging it up leave it for a few hrs and see if ur batteries are diying. If it doesn't means its ur batteries.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    I agree about a 4ml tank maybe a tank and half out of a battery on picos running at 46 watts
    Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well, seems I got a tank and change, so 5ml out of a battery. That's using it solidly for 20-30 mins, leaving it be for 2 hours, then hitting it again for 30 minutes on the drive home, then the rest of it tooting away as normal. That battery looks like it'll take 2100maH back into itself.

I still suspect the charging system is more likely to blame than anything else. That said, I used mine for a week with the inbuilt charger and it was the same as always.

Stu.
    Holy smoke! likes this.

AVF Regular
    I wouldn't trust the charging system on the mod
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast