Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By captive
  • 1 Post By captive
  • 1 Post By captive

Thread: Next mod upgrade!?!

AVF Regular

Next mod upgrade!?!

Hi guys,

I currently have a 30w eleaf & sigelei fuchai 80w + Smok V8 baby as my dailies.
    I think it's time for an upgrade or perhaps a xmas present for myself lol

I am really interested in the freemax fireluke (fish bowl) due to its design and its dense thick cloud production but i dont know what mod to get with it.

I really love the carbon fibre look (as per my sigelei fuchai 80w) so I'd only want this color..

I have 3 in mind:

1. Think Vape MKL200 200w
    - 87 x 54 x 27mm
    - 2 x 18650 batts

2. VooPoo DRAG 157W TC Gene Chip
    - 90 x 54 x 24mm
    - 2 x 18650 batts

3. IJOY Captain 234W PD270
    - 89 x 48 x 32mm
    - 2 x 20700 batts included
    - 18650 battery fit with adapter

Let me know if you have one (or all 3) and how your experience with it has been or if Not, which one you'd recommend.

I'll be buying 4 x Sony VT6 3000mah to go with it.
    I currently have 2 x Samsung 30Q 3000mah batts that I interchange for the sigelei fuchai 80w.

Thanks all and belated merry xmas and happy New yr to all!!
    Last edited by xcwizit; 29-12-17 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xcwizit View Post
    Hi guys,

I currently have a 30w eleaf & sigelei fuchai 80w + Smok V8 baby as my dailies.
    I think it's time for an upgrade or perhaps a xmas present for myself lol

I am really interested in the freemax fireluke (fish bowl) due to its design and its dense thick cloud production but i dont know what mod to get with it.

I really love the carbon fibre look (as per my sigelei fuchai 80w) so I'd only want this color..

I have 3 in mind:

- 87 x 54 x 27mm
    - 2 x 18650 batts

- 90 x 54 x 24mm
    - 2 x 18650 batts

- 89 x 48 x 32mm
    - 2 x 20700 batts included
    - 18650 battery fit with adapter

Let me know if you have one (or all 3) and how your experience with it has been or if Not, which one you'd recommend.

I'll be buying 4 x Sony VT6 3000mah to go with it.
    I currently have 2 x Samsung 30Q 3000mah batts that I interchange for the sigelei fuchai 80w.

Thanks all and belated merry xmas and happy New yr to all!!
    Well it so happens that I have all 3 of those so here are my thoughts on them.

Also sold as the think vape EXUS
    Really nice to hold and and the fire button is placed perfectly for thumb firing. Looks very nice as well
    It works very well in power mode but if you use temp control forget it it sucks and wont work unless its at full power and highest temp, the only reason I still have it is for $30 it is a good 200 watt power mode only mod.

Not as nice to hold because of the sharp feel on the edges but looks great.
    Feels heavier than the think vape.
    The Gene chip is great fires quickly and hits hard on low ohm fancy coils.

This is a big mod and feels it. I dont use this its just sitting in a drawer now.
    Never had any problems with it at all, it did everything it was supposed to do I just never liked the size.

If I was going to only buy 1 of the above it would the Drag purely for the Gene chip.

There are are lots of mods in the same price range I think would be better value though like this one

GTRS VBOY 200W TC with SX500 YiHi Chip
    here is a review of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGRZ...ature=youtu.be
    This one looks good and feels great in your hand. The YiHi chip is extremely good at temp control and in power mode.
    Last edited by captive; 29-12-17 at 10:44 AM.
    giruvian, rockmoose and Juzzo like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    Well it so happens that I have all 3 of those so here are my thoughts on them.

Also sold as the think vape EXUS
    Really nice to hold and and the fire button is placed perfectly for thumb firing. Looks very nice as well
    It works very well in power mode but if you use temp control forget it it sucks and wont work unless its at full power and highest temp, the only reason I still have it is for $30 it is a good 200 watt power mode only mod.

Not as nice to hold because of the sharp feel on the edges but looks great.
    Feels heavier than the think vape.
    The Gene chip is great fires quickly and hits hard on low ohm fancy coils.

This is a big mod and feels it. I dont use this its just sitting in a drawer now.
    Never had any problems with it at all, it did everything it was supposed to do I just never liked the size.

If I was going to only buy 1 of the above it would the Drag purely for the Gene chip.

There are are lots of mods in the same price range I think would be better value though like this one

GTRS VBOY 200W TC with SX500 YiHi Chip
    here is a review of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGRZ...ature=youtu.be
    This one looks good and feels great in your hand. The YiHi chip is extremely good at temp control and in power mode.
    Wow all 3 who would have thought haha.
    Great review on all 3 mate I appreciate it

I've just had a look at the GTRS VBOY 200W and apparently the battery door was originally faulty so GTRS manufactured new battery doors engraving "version 2.0" inside of the door.

Apart from This, I've read nothing but great reviews on the mod and I think the fireluke will look incredibly well sitting in the middle of it.
    Thanks mate I think you've sold me in it haha

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xcwizit View Post
    Wow all 3 who would have thought haha.
    Great review on all 3 mate I appreciate it

I've just had a look at the GTRS VBOY 200W and apparently the battery door was originally faulty so GTRS manufactured new battery doors engraving "version 2.0" inside of the door.

Apart from This, I've read nothing but great reviews on the mod and I think the fireluke will look incredibly well sitting in the middle of it.
    Thanks mate I think you've sold me in it haha
    You will like it it really is a good mod
    xcwizit likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    You will like it it really is a good mod
    Got it today with the fireluke tank! See i kept my word lol.

One thing, what does joules mean?
    It's currently set on 50 for all 5 modes (M1-M5).

Also the temperature is set to 200c.
    Any suggestions what is a suitable temperature for the fireluke at around 100-110w?
    Or is 200c perfect?

Edit: I ended up buying 2 more x 30Q Samsung 3000mah batts instead of the VTC6 as i mentioned earlier.
    I just feel my current 30Q batts have been nothing but bullet proof so why not stick to something I know and trust lol
    Last edited by xcwizit; 29-12-17 at 06:05 PM.

AVF Regular
    Joules are what YiHi uses for power or temp control I can never remember what they are. The good part is with this chip you dont have to worry about that. Just knowing if it is in Joules mode it is doing temp control
    Use 5 clicks on the fire button to get to the menu setting and find the coil type setting and set you wire type eg SS 316L then set the temp you want under that setting in the menu, then exit.

After that a quick press of the middle button allows you to change the wattage, you need to do this every time to change wattage. 1 more for temp changes and 1 more changes between temp and watt modes

The - button changes the ramp up from soft to powerful +
    The + button changes through your preset memory

Also you need to read and lock the coils OHMs before using temp control which is a long press of the middle button, this has to be done at room temp so dont fire the mod before you do it. If you get a message flashing on the screen that there is no liquid it means that the coils hasnt been read properly (or you have run out of juice)

Sounds complicated but it really is easy once you get used to it

The power you set in temp control make no difference as long as its not to low the power will be regulated to keep the coil at the set temp I usually use the same wattage as I would for watts mode so if you want 110 watts thats fine
    Last edited by captive; 29-12-17 at 06:49 PM.
    xcwizit likes this.