Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By captive
  • 2 Post By Fractal
  • 1 Post By rodbam

Thread: DNA 75C sleep mode

AVF Regular

DNA 75C sleep mode

I have the Hcigar VT75D with the dna 75C board & after an hour or so of non use it has a delay when first fired. My VT Inbox with the dna 75 never does this & always fires instantly.
    I have had a play in Escribe with the auto lock turned on & set it to 240m & also had the auto turned off but so far it behaves just the same with either setting.
    Any one with the dna 75C do you get any delay in firing after a an hour or two of non use?

AVF Regular
    All my DNA devices go through a reboot after being left just like when you replace the batteries even the VT inbox but it only takes a second or two.
    I just tend to hit the fire button when I first pick them up and they fire right away by the time I am ready to use them. There is probably a way to change that in escribe but no idea where.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Note : I may not be using the correct terms for modes, etc - Evolv haven't really officially documented how their gear works in this regard. It's just what I've experienced, and what I know based on how regulated boards usually work.

It's not to do with auto locking the screen - it's the device waking up from standby (sleep) mode. Locked or not, the device is still going to sleep if you haven't used it for a while.

All DNA boards (hell, all boards) have a slight lag when waking up from standby mode - it's just that on the monochrome DNA boards it's a very short delay (almost instant... but not quite!) and on the 75C it's a comparatively lengthy delay.

The "cycle" sort of goes like this : Firing (device is active) -> Idle (device is awake but not firing, screen may be on or off depending on settings) -> Standby (device is sleeping).

When the device is firing or idle, it's still booted up and doing real time monitoring of your resistance, board and room temperatures, battery, etc. You can see it have a little "heartbeat" on an oscilloscope as it polls the atomizer (this goes for a lot of non-DNA boards, too). Being "awake" eats battery though - so after a while (yeah, an hour sounds about right - I've never thought to measure it though) it goes to sleep to conserve battery power. Unfortunately, there's no way to configure how long it takes for the device to go to sleep in Escribe. You can configure how long it takes the screen to turn off, but that's about it.

And yes, the wake up time on the 75C absolutely bugs the hell out of me, too! That's one of the reasons I prefer the older monochrome DNA boards to the new 75C.

I've put the same atty / same build on a 75 and a 75C, same settings, and absolutely - the 75C has a much longer delay waking from sleep than the older 75, so I can say that it's not just you .

The only thing I can suggest is getting in the habit of tapping fire button as you pick it up. That gives it an extra 1/2 a second to wake up before you vape off it, and pretty much eliminates the delay.

Also, if you add in a TINY bit of preheat (like, 0.5 seconds) it can actually make the device feel a bit more responsive (a lot of devices do this from factory to some degree - you can see it in the charts some reviewers do). This is more for if every fire feels unresponsive though - it still doesn't do much for that one initial "waking from sleep" puff.
    DogMan and rodbam like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Captive & Fractal for the detailed response:-) Now I know it is normal it won't bug me anymore. I was getting a bit frustrated thinking I could fix it in Escribe so I'm now a person like you Fractal that prefers the dna75 board:-)
    Thanks again.
    DogMan likes this.